[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many serious Wikipedians here? Like auto-confirmed users

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 2000px-Wikipedia-logo-v2-en.svg.png (680KB, 2000x2296px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Wikipedia-logo-v2-en.svg.png
680KB, 2000x2296px
How many serious Wikipedians here? Like auto-confirmed users with user pages? Let's talk shop.
>>
I only edit small things while going about my normal usage of the site, so I'm not really a wikipedian, but I have to say that my favorite thing about the site is going to the talk pages of hot topics and scrolling through the butthurt of people who take themselves and the site extremely seriously
>>
File: sultan bin baba I.jpg (33KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
sultan bin baba I.jpg
33KB, 480x452px
>serious Wikipedians
>>
The three biggest Wikipedias by number of articles are:
English
Swedish
>Cebuano
German
Dutch

And Waray-Waray checks in at #10
>>
>>1806418
I only care about objectivity, so if I see something purely subjective, biased or sourceless I delete it immediately

But that's boring, I usually spend my time translating English - Russian articles and vice versa

I smell some fishy shit going on sometimes, one time I deleted a sourceless claim and it was reverted instantly by this really weird user, shit was just too fast and his page gave the look like he had some serious mental condition, he was obsessed with mythical animals and stuff yet finds himself reverting my deletion of a sourceless quote, ten seconds after I make it
>>
I am. I'm a physics PhD and edit almost exclusively physics and science pages, often when I need something, find that it's not on wiki and then later figure it out, I go and update the wiki page to help when other people like me need it later
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Denniscabrams
fuck wit me you know I got it

>>1806486
there was one guy who kept removing the infobox from Stephen Crane's page anytime anyone tried to add one
I eventually added one which he reduced to only his birthdate/place, death date/place and occupation and it's been like that ever since
what a lunatic
>>
>>1806511
I hope your credentials are fake because they blow mine out the water ;_;

I'm too scared to try law school so I'm sticking with Criminal Justice / Security
>>
ITT: They do it all for free
>>
>>1806511
Your page makes you look super insecure.

Posting a mediocre SAT score? National Honor society are you kidding me?
>>
File: Eww.png (2KB, 191x41px) Image search: [Google]
Eww.png
2KB, 191x41px
>>1806511
What kind of monster are you?
>>
>>1806511
>this user enjoys propane and propane accessories

Never thought I'd like a new yorker desu
>>
File: wat.jpg (38KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
38KB, 604x404px
>>1806418
>Serious
>Wikipedians
>>
>>1806536
You bastard, I'm not him but punctuation always belongs inside quotes, as it is directly part of the material being quoted
>>
>>1806530
I just looked for as many things as applied to me. (I don't think 93rd percentile is too mediocre though).
I also like to brag about my first grade spelling bee win and my pinewood derby championship by the way.
>>
>>1806549
well NY is the largest city so by default we should be the largest single 4chan userbase by city

You were bound to like one of us eventually
>>
>>1806536
that's how we do it in America, my guy

>>1806518
law school was a mistake desu
higher education was a mistake desu
>>
>>1806555
>>1806565

well I got 1700 on the SAT cause I suck at math, although in my defence I only took it once, I was too lazy senior year to take it again when I still had no idea where I wanted to go to college

LIVING IN NEW YORK IS A MISTAKE SENPAI
>>
>>1806559
New York is a state, my guy

>>1806567
I always felt like I was the only one who did worse on the math than the other sections.
>>
File: Right on point lel.png (81KB, 523x212px) Image search: [Google]
Right on point lel.png
81KB, 523x212px
>>1806552
>>1806565
It might be that I'm French, but to leave the punctuation in the midst of your quotation marks has always tickled me as strange.
>>
>>1806576
your moms a state
>>
creating this page is probably my most /his/ contribution to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_Priorities_and_Allocation_Board
>>
File: 1475287172339.jpg (162KB, 587x584px) Image search: [Google]
1475287172339.jpg
162KB, 587x584px
>>1806418
>serious Wikipedians
>>
>>1806582
yeah but you frogs always put a space between the end of a sentence and an exclamation point.
>>
Here's the standard /his/ answer:

>ZOMG lol wut? Wikipedia? I never use that. I just spout memes I read on this board without doing any sort of research whatsoever.
>>
>>1809032
And we're pretty proud about it too since I can recall that solely us and Quebec do that.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espace_ins%C3%A9cable
>>
>>1810600
>Wikipedia
>research

ayyyyy lmao
>>
>>1806511
>there was one guy who kept removing the infobox from Stephen Crane's page anytime anyone tried to add one
>I eventually added one which he reduced to only his birthdate/place, death date/place and occupation and it's been like that ever since
>what a lunatic
holy shit why did you say this
I looked it up and I'm triggered
people like that are literally the worst thing on wiki - dumb vandals? that's easy
but mentally unsound people with an inexplicably minuscule but massively retarded pseudo-agenda?
jesus fuck I'm actually getting angry just looking at his infobox removals
reminds me of one guy who went around pasting "Rome and Paris are exclusively twinned with each other and their relationship is special and thus they are not a sister city of [[article about a particular city]]" in virtually every[[article about a particular city]]
good lord fucking hell
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.