[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

France

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

France is in its fifth iteration as a republic now. Why is it so continually fractured? Why does it feel the need to restart over and over again?
>>
>>1805578
because of ((them)), liberals, and traitors
source: all of french hirsoty
>>
Because when things do not work we try to to rebuild them.
We don't expect to be able to build a system that will function perfectly, and we expect that however well-adapted it was at one point it won't remain so as society and the world change.
We'll always have to start anew eventually, that's normal in politics as in every other aspect of life.

The americans' devotion to a centuries-old constitution and parties that are not much younger is a lot stranger.
>>
File: France_TGV.png (936KB, 2484x2656px) Image search: [Google]
France_TGV.png
936KB, 2484x2656px
>>1805578
>>1805608

Is it too /pol/ to say that the current fracturing is mostly because of immigration and especially Muslims?
>>
>>1805715
It is not "too /pol/" as long as you have some arguments to back it up.
>>
>>1805715
Yes. Muslims and immigration are a problem, but they're not fracturing the country.
>>
>>1805733
not yet, at least
>>
File: france_army3.gif (162KB, 1267x1296px) Image search: [Google]
france_army3.gif
162KB, 1267x1296px
>>1805727
>>1805733

I would say the biggest problem with the religion of peace is that it provides an atmosphere of impunity.

If Muslims can preach hatred and violence, rape and disrespect women, humiliate Jews, and impose their own local laws in their areas, why can't whitey do the same?

Young Frenchmen are probably thinking "why can't I rape women, murder my enemies, and beat up minorities I don't like just like Achmed can?"

And French law is degraded and turned into a laughing stock and the administration of justice is brought into disrepute.

Keep in mind this is a country where denying the Holocaust can get whitey in trouble but Muslims won't even let a kike walk down their street without getting assaulted.

Double-standards show that the Emperor (the Republic) really has no clothes at all.
>>
>>1805750
I would say you're deluded. Rotherham and Koln are not french cities.
>>
>>1805779

Same story elsewhere in Western Europe but Paris and Marseilles ARE French cities.
>>
>>1805793
Still, there's no more impunity than anywhere else (and I would even say less), and you don't know how young frenchmen think.
>>
>>1805811

>Still, there's no more impunity than anywhere else (and I would even say less),

I think Islam is a problem in all Western countries I think it undermines the very foundations of our social compact, not just in France but in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Sweden, etc.

>and you don't know how young frenchmen think.

Go ahead and tell me.
>>
>>1805830
>Go ahead and tell me.
I, for one, don't like to make assumptions about things I don't know much about.
>>
>>1805578
To be fair, the whole telling of French history is kind of weird to me. The "Second Republic" intentionally existed as a sort of intermediary council with the intention of eventually founding a new monarchy (but then Napoleon III hijacked it) and the Third, Fourth and Fifth Republics followed eachother up directly with only constitutional changes and the German occupation breaking them apart.

It would very well be possible to tell the story of France with only two republics. After all, the First Republic burned through three or so constitutions, yet we don't consider them three different republics. The Thermidor, Directoire and Consulate are all considered the same First Republic.

So in a way, the French are just in their Second Republic.

>>1805623
This too. The French attitude is that anything goes as long as it's in line with popular sovereignity. This both explains why the king wasn't instantly decapitated in 1789 (he had to go full retard for that to even be an option), and why Bonapartism isn't in contradiction with France's revolutionary values. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Bonapartism is the only form of monarchism that works for France and other modern liberal societies.
>>
>>1807930
>The Thermidor, Directoire and Consulate are all considered the same First Republic.
We don't talk much about the "first republic" as one thing though. We usually separate these three periods.
The first, second, etc, are just conventional official names. The "telling of French history" does not take these names as factual reality.
>>
>>1807975
Of course, about such abstractions there can be no such thing as a factual reality. But the internal contradiction of the established convention baffles me. Of course by the end of the day it's all convention, but I just wanted to tell OP that it's equally possible to tell a version of French history with only two or three republics, which is by no means exceptional compared to other countries. But then again, we can also tell a version with six or seven repubics.
>>
>>1805879
>>1805830
Young Frenchman here, he's right.

A very good example is the antisemitism. Like 2-3 years ago when arabs went public about hating jews, the government showed that it could do nothing about it, and embarassed itself more than anything.

And yes after that white people felt much more free to be antisemitic, nowadays it's not uncommon to hear jews this, jews that, even from quite sjw-ish white people
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.