[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: mqdefault.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
What do you guys think about this guy?
>>
Con artist
>>
He is a good guy.
>>
>>1800881
Definately spoke in parables we still can even decipher today
>>
>>1800881
Eternal gratitude for dying for my sins.
>>
>>1800881
Misunderstood by his followers, even his apostles the same way it is today but the best way to know him is by admitting we never fully do
>>
>>1800881
Political genius
>>
Luke 18 19

And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Mt 13 11

Heart English Bible
And answering, he said to them, "To you it is given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them.

1 Peter 3 18

New American Standard Bible
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
>>
>>1800881
Love his songs. Too bad he died
>>
>>1800881

Apocalyptic preacher in first century Judea. Probably had a syncretic Pharisiac-Essenic message. Probably had some local influence in Jerusalem for a short time prior to his death, but was eventually apprehended by the local authorities, and eventually crucified.
>>
>>1800881
He wakes up early to lead his sheeps to pasture.

btw I think he also helped a hobbit to take care of one ring or something like that.
>>
>>1800886
for you
>>
Some half-crazed but ultimately unremarkable Jewish preacher who became conflated with a god-man in the 1st Century due to blatant disinformation campaigns started by a neurotic and possibly homosexual Greek from Tarsos.
>>
File: 1465473079433.jpg (399KB, 1190x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1465473079433.jpg
399KB, 1190x1174px
>>1800881
inferior "prophet" t bh
>>
File: Le NT.jpg (571KB, 1139x877px) Image search: [Google]
Le NT.jpg
571KB, 1139x877px
>>1800881
He is the Son of God, who was, is, and will be.
>>
Pure evil, hated the rich and probably wanted them genocided. Probably as evil as Marx or Hitler, spawned the dark ages, inspired Marx to create communism. If Jesus was not crucified it would have been the dark ages x10, and then later communism x10.
>>
>>1800881
A charleton and a cunt. Fuck him and his shit beliefs.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 600x532px
>>1804232
>not honoring Jesus (pbuh)
>>
>>1804292
I hate the rich and hate him too. Fuck off.
>>
>>1800881
A brilliant man misrepresented by Paul & Co.
>>
>>1804292
I think he hated when rich people made temples places to sell stuff, and rich people who were greedy with their resources rather than distribute them among the poor.

>>1804390
I think Paul is misrepresented by many people today. He must have had great knowledge, but we only get so little about Paul even in the epistles and letters.
>>
>>1805598

Not him, but at least when it comes to contemporary theological knowledge, the Epistles reveal Paul to be very ignorant about some basic Judean theology. For instance, he constantly conflates the Paschal offering with a sin offering (Jesus lamb of God offered for our sins), apparently not knowing that the Paschal sacrifice was a "nationalistic" offering about the formation of Hebrews as a people, and not something given to forgive sin.
>>
>>1800881
A okay hippie with a temper desu.
>>
>>1805742
New Testament, Christ as the Lamb of God
>7Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

Old Testament reference to lamb
>12TheLordsaid to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt,2“This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year for you.3Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month every man shall take a lamb …

Isaiah and Jeremiah prophecies / references to a lamb sacrifice
> 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.

> 19But I was like a gentle lamb led to the slaughter. I did not know it was against me they devised schemes, saying, “Let us destroy the tree with its fruit, let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name be remembered no more.”
>>
The original og
>>
"You aren't making Judaism better, you're making paganism worse"
>>
>>1800881

Believed who he said he was and was resurrected on the third day with the spiritual body.
>>
>>1800881

Failed apocalyptic prophet.
>>
>>1804232

Muhammad never existed.
>>
It's weird people would think people like Jesus and Muhammed never existed based on doctrines that came out 18th centry to present AD

Yet, the earliest recorded evidence if their existence (0AD to 600cAD) record their actual existence.
>>
>>1808529
That's like saying socrates didn't exist
>>
>>1808529

likely though it's probably the character of Muhammad in the hadith's are fictitious, Ibn Ishaq's biography on Muhammad is likely the best case to make of his existence.

>>1808556
>>1808591

yep that's true, Jesus though is likely the one of the most verifiable people in ancient history cause of all the sources we have on him both biblical and non-biblical written from 40(Maurice Casey's hypothesis) to around 200 (letters, talmud and mockery of Jesus). Muhammad on the other hand is harder, Muhammad of the Quran is the scant, the hadith's are worse off because of fabricated hadith's that happened early on and the poor historical methodology of hadith science (isnad chain going back to Muhammad = must mean it's authentic), the earliest written material about him that was fully complied was around 80-100 years after his existence which was Ishaq biography, the hadith's came around 100-200 years later which make the claims of his authentic character more dubious.
>>
>>1808556
*ahem*

http://rationalrevolution0.tripod.com/articles/fictional_jesus.htm
>>
>>1808607
>rationalrevolution

*le tip*
>>
>>1808606
>It's likely
Of course it's likely it's the internet anyone can say anything that comes to mind.

>>1808607
Mara letter, alabaster box, gospels, paul, letter to king abgar, Gnostic gospels, essenee, prophecies in OT and dead Sea scrolls. I find these ancient sources more credible than websites
>>
>>1808616
>Of course it's likely it's the internet anyone can say anything that comes to mind.

I do believe Muhammad existed though the hadith's are dubious history

>Mara letter, alabaster box, gospels, paul, letter to king abgar, Gnostic gospels, essenee, prophecies in OT and dead Sea scrolls. I find these ancient sources more credible than websites

yep and all those secular scholars with no love for Christianity also believe Jesus existed
>>
>>1808606
Also, looking at how the imam lineages comes from Ali ibn Abu Talib, ]23 (beforeHijra)–40[12]Cousin and son in law of Mohammed. Considered by Shia Islam as the rightfulSuccessor of Muhammad. TheSunnisacknowledge him as thefourth Caliph. He holds a high position in almost allSufiMuslim orders(Turuq); the members of these orders trace their lineage to Muhammad through him.[10
>>
>>1808627
Most of those sources are Christian. The Talmud is not Christian but still recognizes the existence of Christ.
>>
>>1808631
>the members of these orders trace their lineage to Muhammad through him

yes but the mention of who he is is another story, though Shia's deny the first 3 caliphs cause of family lineage and made their own hadith's, but the problem is how the isnad chain works, as anyone can fabricate as long as you know the names in the chain.

>>1808640

Correct, even then it's no reason to doubt its authenticity, especially since they're written in the manner in which most history was back in the day (Greco-Roman style), mentioning also Tacitus and Mara-Bar-Zabian is also good evidence
>>
>>1804232

Jesus confirmed for being liberal beta nu male cuck
>>
>>1804232
>muslim
>hating on Jesus, the second-to-last prophet
shitpost correctly next time
>>
>>1808948

not a muslim and not the guy you're replying to, but Jesus is an absolute beta cuck compared to Mohammed, who was a warrior alpha

if I had to follow one example IRL, I'd probably end up following Mo
>>
>>1808955
>I'd probably end up following Mo
Without prior knowledge to either, I probably would too. Jesus was a nice guy and all, but muhammed definitely had the stopping power and charisma that makes great leaders
>>
>>1808904
Ali is his cousin / son in law. Even if Ali for some reason didn't become anything like an imam, he still is directly related to Muhammed much like James is to Jesus.
>>
>>1808913
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiemtHphY3w

no
>>
>>1809471

>music ripped straight from Medieval II Total War
>that shitty attempt to look badass
>that shitty editing

I cringed
>>
Peace be with you. 'As the Father sent me, so am I sending you.' After saying this he breathed on them and said: Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone's sins, they are forgiven; if you retain anyone's sins, they are retained.
>>
I find it hard to understand him, but that doesn't mean I don't believe him. Quite the contrary
>>
>>1809084
>he still is directly related to Muhammed much like James is to Jesus.

No doubt, though I feel we're on the wrong topic, I'm talking about the stories in the hadith and how much authenticity they have. Things Narrated by Ali may not be from Ali, cause the isnad chain and the chain which originate to him could have been fabricated or completely incorrect. This is the major problem in Sunni Islam, they accept things whole cloth but never actually know if the methodology makes the story true, same could go with Shia's but they scrutinize much more when it comes to their hadith's.
>>
File: tim currini.jpg (18KB, 330x385px) Image search: [Google]
tim currini.jpg
18KB, 330x385px
>>1800881
He was a good friend.
>>
>>1810209
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1810205
Sunni Islam scrutinizes just as much, but on different points. Shia, for example, will just wholesay reject any of Aisha's narrations, which is idiotic. The problem is that the absolute vast majority of books on hadeeth are written in Arabic and unavailable to western readers, which means all western scholarship on the matter is rehashing the same old arguments against hadeeth science
>>
>>1810243
>The problem is that the absolute vast majority of books on hadeeth are written in Arabic and unavailable to western readers, which means all western scholarship on the matter is rehashing the same old arguments against hadeeth science

then they need get on with it and release them, they need to also release all the material on how the Kaaba was destroyed by the pagan, the multiple stories on how it was built, how a pagan king used the black stone as his personal toilet and the revealing of Muhammad true name Qatham. Interestingly Shia Hadiths reveals that Muhammad's name was Qatham not Sunni Islam.

>will just wholesay reject any of Aisha's narrations, which is idiotic

of course it is, it's likely cause of the big fight they had over the inheritance of Muhammad's position, they believe Aisha killed Muhammad not a Jewess poisoning him with a roasted lamb
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.