[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: Balding Corsican.jpg (166KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Balding Corsican.jpg
166KB, 1200x1200px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
more like what the fuck was yurop's problem

should have left us alone
>>
File: 1463354582354.png (290KB, 754x554px) Image search: [Google]
1463354582354.png
290KB, 754x554px
>>1799095
he was intelligent, and he wanted to be powerful.
>>
>>1799095
>What the fuck was the eternal Anglo's problem?
>>
>>1799110
>Boycott Britain or else I invade you
>>
File: smug_basileus.png (214KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
smug_basileus.png
214KB, 499x499px
I don't see why you should think Napoelon was bad. As it is, I hold him in highest esteem for having BTFO'd the >H>R>E and Venetians into dissolution.
>>
File: 8d4.jpg (36KB, 600x773px) Image search: [Google]
8d4.jpg
36KB, 600x773px
>>1799095
>>
>>1799628
See guys, napo made everyone happy, even the byzaboos.
>>
File: 1475295439462.png (209KB, 692x699px) Image search: [Google]
1475295439462.png
209KB, 692x699px
>>1799628
>long last revenge against the barbarians, crusaders, and pesky Italian merchants
You did well, Byzantium.
>>
>>1799095
>Gloomy and even savage, almost always self-absorbed, one would have supposed that he had just come from some forest, and unmindful, until then, of the notice of his fellows, experienced for the first time the sensations of surprise and distrust; he detested games and all manner of boyish amusements. One part of the garden was allotted to him and there he studied and brooded, and woe to him who ventured to disturb him. One evening the boys were setting off fireworks and a small powder-chest exploded. In their fright the troop scattered in all directions, and some of them took refuge in Napoleon's domain, whereat he rushed upon the fugitives in a passion and attacked them with a spade.
he was a primitive savage who hated whitey
>>
>>1799095
He fucked the pope and vatican forever. I love him.
>>
File: 1469843627673.jpg (15KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469843627673.jpg
15KB, 224x225px
>>1799095
>when you realise Napoleon single-handedly dissolved HRE
>>
>>1799095
There's literally no reason to dislike Napoleon if you're not a filthy anglo or a literal nigger from Haiti.
>>
File: Napoopan.jpg (238KB, 640x904px) Image search: [Google]
Napoopan.jpg
238KB, 640x904px
>>1800511
Was it autism then?
>>
>On campaign Napoleon demonstrated an approachability that endeared him to his men. They were permitted to put their cases forward for being awarded medals, promotions and even pensions, after which, once he had checked the veracity of their claims with their commanding officer, the matter was quickly settled. He personally read petitions from the ranks, and granted as many as he could. Baron Louis de Bausset-Roquefort, who served him on many campaigns, recalled that Napoleon ‘heard, interrogated, and decided at once; if it was a refusal, the reasons were explained in a manner which softened the disappointment’. 84 Such accessibility to the commander-in-chief is impossible to conceive in the British army of the Duke of Wellington or in the Austrian army of Archduke Charles, but in republican France it was an invaluable means of keeping in touch with the needs and concerns of his men.

>Napoleon genuinely enjoyed spending time with his soldiers; he squeezed their earlobes, joked with them and singled out old grognards(literally ‘grumblers’, but also translatable as ‘veterans’), reminiscing about past battles and peppering them with questions. When campaign marches halted for lunch, Napoleon and Berthier would invite the aides-de-camp and orderlies to eat with them, which Bausset recalled as‘truly a fête for every one of us’. He also ensured that wine from his dinner table was always given to his sentries. Small things, perhaps, but they were appreciated and helped breed devotion. His constant references to the ancient world had the intended effect of giving ordinary soldiers a sense that their lives – and, should it come to that, their deaths in battle – mattered, that they were an integral part of a larger whole that would resonate through French history.

Yes such a primitive savage.
>>
>>1800528
i'm pretty sure that all the recent changes in leftist ideology (you can't be racist if you're not white, white privilege, nice guys, etc.) came about because a bunch of liberal oxford students studied napoleon

before that there was tons of liberal opposition to him and his "war crimes"
>>1800536
he was a bore in polite company but he was very good at reading people and charming them
>>1800539
he also routinely beat up his staff and scared everyone he ever met
>>
>>1799095
Hemoroïds and probably stomach cancer.
>>
>>1800543
>he also routinely beat up his staff and scared everyone he ever met

>Napoleon also set up the Maison d’Éducation de la Légion d’Honneur at Saint-Denis, an excellent boarding school providing free education for the daughters of recipients of the medal who had been killed on active service, which still exists today, as does a Légion lycée in Saint-Germain-en-Laye.

>Efficient staff-work helped Napoleon to ‘recognize’ old soldiers from the ranks, but he also had a phenomenal memory. ‘I introduced three deputies of the Valais to him,’ recalled an interior minister, ‘he asked one of them about his two little girls.This deputy told me that he had only seen Napoleon once before, at the foot of the Alps, as he was on his way to Marengo. “Problems with the artillery forced him to stop for a moment in front of my house,” added the deputy, “he petted my two children, mounted his horse, and since then I had not seen him again.”’

Don't believe Anglo lies. He wasn't good with manners and he was a rough person but that wasn't because he was a "primitive savage" but simply because he was a soldier and lived either reading books or in encampments.
>>
The World would be a better place today had Napoleon won.
>>
>>1800568
Objectively this.
>>
>>1800543
>i'm pretty sure that all the recent changes in leftist ideology (you can't be racist if you're not white, white privilege, nice guys, etc.) came about because a bunch of liberal oxford students studied napoleon
I... what?
What even in the name of...
>>
>>1800543
watch out you might look butthurt
>>
>>1800543
>Napoleon is the reason for cultural marxism

Good shit
>>
>>1800560
>“he petted my two children
He petted children?
>>
>>1800568
He was the Emperror we needed but did not deserve
>>
>>1800584
Do you think you can only pet animals? What do you call it when you give a kid attention and squeeze their cheeks for example?
>>
>>1800579
>>1800583
>Napoleon is the reason for cultural marxism
he's the reason for the changes to cultural marxism that took place two years ago

"nonwhites can't be racist" didn't exist until two years ago, black nationalists were not invited to leftist rallies until two years ago, white privilege did not exist as a concept until two years ago
>>
>>1800596
Explain how Napoleon is responsible for any of that? Those are all English and American developments, especially American because they still had racial segregation 60-70 years ago.
>>
>>1800602
some oxford students took a history course on napoleon and made those changes because old liberals and "nice guys" ripped on him and refused to recognise any of his achievements because of "war crimes" and rape

those students now run the left as students have always done
>>
>>1800602
i don't think i need to explain that there's a special relationship between the UK and the US

>anyone who wants change is a member of the left
>white males can't be oppressed
read any biography of napoleon and you will see how this applies
>>
>>1800631
>>anyone who wants change is a member of the left
>>white males can't be oppressed
>read any biography of napoleon and you will see how this applies
Oh gotcha, you're trolling.
>>
>>1799613
Pretty sure the Continental System was launched after Britain had already funded 3 coalitions against him
You'll have to find a better excuse
>>
>>1800636
>Oh gotcha, you're trolling.
that's what the left thinks now

napoleon was nonwhite and he was a misogynist and bigoted asshole so old liberals kept saying he wasn't a real leftist
>>
>>1800631
You do know that left represented progressives and right conservatives during French revolution right? This is not a revision it is just descriptive term.
>>
>>1800608
>>1800596
This is some conspiracy level shit to be sure.
>Someone changes Napoleon's interpretation in History courses
>instantly the entire ideology of leftism changes in its wake, like going back in time to change the future for Marty and Doc.

also
>white privilege did not exist as a concept until two years ago
Check your privilege.
>>
>>1800539
>he squeezed their earlobes
Why am I having a hard time getting past this?
>>
>>1800646
>napoleon was nonwhite
>>
>>1800826
I know what you mean, it's very strange and perhaps passive-aggressive, I remember hearing it mentioned in a debate on YouTube.
>>
>>1800762
> This is not a revision it is just descriptive term.
it's a change from pre-2014
>>1800804
>instantly the entire ideology of leftism changes in its wake, like going back in time to change the future for Marty and Doc.
it changed in real time obviously, i don't know why you're arguing against the fact that student politics dictate the ideology of the left, just look at the 1960s
>white privilege did not exist as a concept until two years ago
well it wasn't mainstream
>>1800834
>napoleon was nonwhite
corsicans weren't considered white and everyone treated him differently because of it
>>1800826
he pinched their noses and slapped them as well

sometimes he drew blood
>>
>>1800861

>corsicans weren't considered white and everyone treated him differently because of it

kek. wtf ?

Are you american ?
>>
>>1800887
i'm someone who's actually read stuff written by his contemporaries

even in the 20th century italians weren't considered white so idk where this is coming from
>>
File: 1462438014142.jpg (52KB, 595x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462438014142.jpg
52KB, 595x720px
Napoleon is our guy
>>
>>1800899
dubs confirm

VIVE L'EMPEREUR
VIVE LA FRANCE
>>
>>1800891

>i'm someone who's actually read stuff written by his contemporaries

I really doubt anybody of importance even asked himself the question about him or Italians being white or not at that time.

The bias about whiteness or not only really took off in the course of the 19th century, people where more concerned about nobility and class.
>>
>>1800983
>I really doubt anybody of importance even asked himself the question about him or Italians being white or not at that time.
well the fact still stands that they considered him to be of a different race

it's true that they probably didn't think of themselves as white but they did think of napoleon as being "nonwhite" for absence of a better term

he had a different skin tone, he was stereotyped as a savage who held vendettas and the most frequent insults used against him were "corsican upstart" and "corsican runt"
>>
>>1801002

just because they had a bias against him for being corsican, like it often happens to people from island regions, doesnt mean they considered him to be from a different race.

The bias people might had was completely cultural and has nothing to do with race. Sort like if a guy from lousiana with strong southern accent would make it into the high society of new york. People would might look down on him, wouldn't mean they'd consider him non-white
>>
>>1801233
>just because they had a bias against him for being from a different ethnic and social group doesn't mean they were racist
it kinda does
>The bias people might had was completely cultural and has nothing to do with race
i mean race is considered to be cultural as well as biological now
>Sort like if a guy from lousiana with strong southern accent would make it into the high society of new york.
well no this is what an entire country and continent thought
>>
>>1801271
>well no this is what an entire country and continent thought
Another anon here.

Of course all of Europe disliked corsicans :)
>>
>>1801371
what's THAT supposed to mean
>>
>>1800855
>>1800861
It's just an unnerving mental image, squat little napoleon squealing gleefully as he squeezes the earlobes of professional soldiers
>>
>>1801488
he was taller or as tall as most of them

line infantry were underfed manlets

also he wasn't the squealing type it was more of a fatherly guesture
>>
>>1801488
also he was a professional soldier himself in training since he was like 6

also many of them were conscripts and most were uneducated semi-criminals

also he was 5' 7" when he didn't slouch
>>
>>1801494
>>1801505
I'm well aware of his relative height, but that doesn't prevent my mind from overriding that and making him tiny, according to the sterotype
>>
>>1801271
> mean race is considered to be cultural as well as biological now
Please do not push the american racial vision of the world on the history and other country that america. french are citizen-based nationalism that go too far, they etnocide all other culture, nappy was shamed because he was not a "pure cultural" parisian french but do not make this a racial problem.
>>
>>1801571
> because he was not a "pure cultural" parisian french
he was shamed because he wasn't french at all, he was shamed because he was a corsican

at this point we're just splitting hairs
>>
>>1801584
He consider himself as french.
>>
>>1801610
maybe in later life, as a child and young man he didn't

other people didn't though, i think you're referring to the thing with the mayor calling him not french
>>
File: HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS.png (101KB, 972x881px) Image search: [Google]
HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS.png
101KB, 972x881px
NAPOLEON WAS GREEK YOU BASTARDS REEEE
>>
>>1801626
Everyone get out the Windex.
>>
If Napo were alive today he'd be a corsican ultra the weekends and the first guy to scream ALLEZ LES BLEUS when the national team plays
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.