[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even if you're not religious - do you think the death of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: oh.jpg (20KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
20KB, 500x404px
Even if you're not religious - do you think the death of spirituality is a bad thing for society?
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 247x250px
>>1798411

>spirituality

>society
>>
spirituality doesn´t die, religions come and go
>>
religious 'morals' just teach people to be cucks and how to be good subjects for their rulers, so no
>>
>>1798411
im smoking this blunt right now and feeling spiritual af
>>
>>1798411
Spirituality is vague as fuck, it could be anything that gives you a "spiritual" feeling. Looking at the sky, looking at flowers, thinking about the universe, thinking about death, etc. It doesn't require religion, it just requires brain chemistry.
>>
>>1798411
Depends on what is meant by "spiritual". In the metaphysical sense, no, I think it is bad. It does good but it does a lot of bad, namely, the idea of an afterlife. Without an afterlife more people would give a damn about the fate of the species at large because that's the only immortality they will ever have. To a person who believes in an afterlife it doesn't matter if humanity goes on for 100 trillion years or goes extinct a second after one dies.
>>
>>>/an/
>>>/an/
>>>/an/
>>
The existence of spirituality in the first place is poison
>>
man is a religious animal
>>
File: deft and agile when motivated.jpg (368KB, 1920x854px) Image search: [Google]
deft and agile when motivated.jpg
368KB, 1920x854px
>>1798552
edgy

>>1798578
this
>>
The amount of non spiritual people is still negligible. Most people still believe in the idea of a unique experiencer after all. But I think everything would be better with it gone.
>>
There is no moral or ethics without religion. Your faith is your consciousness and its continuity your religion. Religion is solidified spirituality. If youre atheist its always certain youll create a religious system to live your atheism with practicality. More likely than not always end up believing in something greater, to prolong our small personal purpose in the greater scheme of the resolute.
>>
>>1798540
Everytime I hear the word metaphysical, I just hear Corpus Cristi and its spiritual transcendence. Without the religious alibi ofcourse.
>>
Yes, I think it's bad. It represents a decline in aesthetic taste.

To me, anyway.
>>
Maybe. I think we could stand to embrace a group sense of spirituality, but what worries me about the death of spirituality is that it hasn't actually died. I feel people seek spirituality elsewhere (really, I suspect they're just looking for a feeling of the sublime) and find it elsewhere in celebrity worship and the like.

I don't think going back to the old modes of spirituality is the answer, but I think seeking healthier sources of the feeling of the sublime could only benefit society at large. But it's also not my place to dictate such things to others.
>>
>>1798411
I don't think its bad. Spirituality is naturally implicit with culture and tradition. While it keeps people comfortable it also prevents them from being as progressive as they coud possibly be. Religion and spirituality are in and of itself conservative and even if you do not notice they hold back the progress of humanity quite a bit.

Spirituality does play a role however and it needs to be replaced. It can be replaced by ideologies of this world like rationalism or really anything that someone can live their life around. It is not hard to come to terms with death, but people need something to live for and work for. It cant be for themselves because then they become greedy and everything collapses cuz everyone is out for themselves.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.