[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Zuko Olsson.jpg (54KB, 250x325px) Image search: [Google]
Zuko Olsson.jpg
54KB, 250x325px
Gather round, men of all cultures, for I seek to understand the evolution and downfall of what used to be the most sacred institution in history.
You may not agree on this, I sure care to know why. From one point in time to another, from one place to another, tradition has been different.

I here invite all religions, beliefs, and experienced men to share their thoughts on what was, what is, and what will become of the uniting ritual we have all been accustomed with at one point in life.

I believe divorce should not be taken lightly. Marrying is committing to give and share without demanding, not only to your spouse, but also to the one born out of it as well. I am saddened to see marriages without any depth destroyed and destroying families and children so often. It did not look so usual throughout history, I feel kind of bitter and nostalgic about it.

>tl;dr: what makes marriage relevant today in comparison with ancient times?
>>
>>1797170
Marriage is worth nothing today. You might as well just have a life long Girlfriend.

Two men can get married today. There is nothing special or sacred about it.
>>
A family is the primordial building block of any civilization. No family - no civilization. Strong family - strong civilization. The Romans knew this, as evidenced in their conception of the Pater Familias.
>>
File: 1AzRCcO.jpg (31KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
1AzRCcO.jpg
31KB, 480x400px
>>1797170
>I believe divorce should not be taken lightly. Marrying is committing to give and share without demanding, not only to your spouse, but also to the one born out of it as well. I am saddened to see marriages without any depth destroyed and destroying families and children so often.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this

Now, before all the fags start parroting Molyneux, let me just say this: Marriage creates order in society. Are alternatives good? don't know, don't care, probably a lot less. Any human should be free to choose his path as an individual without consideration to society. I'm fairly certain a lot of /pol/lacks will reply to me with "good goy" etc but the truth of the matter you shouldn't comply to marriage purely because it's "good", you have no such duty towards anyone. If you want to marry because of some metaphysical concept such as "continuing your race" you're an absolutely spooked.
>>
File: 1472284649608.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1472284649608.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
Society no longer shames women who fuck countless men before marriage.

Society no longer shames women who are not married by the age of 25.

Society no longer shames women who divorce their husbands just because.
>>
File: Goodbye.jpg (93KB, 730x752px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye.jpg
93KB, 730x752px
>>1797194
>life long girlfriend

Well, the commitment is not the same sadly, this would not require the same degree of involvement. But why is that? How come the standards level lowered like this?

>>1797230
We converge it seems, because I feel given the right person, order in a family/marriage can come as easily as a loving relationship, and allow for the freedom to choose an independant yet suiting lifestyle for your & your family altogether.
Which is real freedom to me but isn't that just an evocative fantasy though

>>1797259
Are people nowadays more inclined to be recognised by society rather than impart a strong heritage for their family to share and pride themselves with? Thus yourself in the long run?
>>
>>1797170
Marriages cemented alliances between families, clans, tribes. These sort of institutions are less relevant today. Family is probably the only one that still matters at large and mostly for it's affective significance - the division of labor is less marked by gender roles and age groups, and state welfare has partially freed up adults from childrearing and from nursing the sick and old. Marriage and such institutions are less important because we don't need them as much, is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>1797634

Your point is valid on a somehow technically practical side. Do you think the fair emotional reward shared is not relevant anymore as well?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.