[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World War 0?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

Can we get a thread about the Palermo stone, and the theory that Ancient Egypt may have dated back to as far as 30 thousand years ago. I have been hearing a lot about a potential "reset" of humanity referenced in different mythology, and the discovery of evidence of nuclear glass and salts around the planet. Is anyone here open minded to the possibility that a "World War 0" could have happened and reset us into the stone age?
>>
>>1795093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGu7MLp574A
Here is an interesting podcast that talks a bit about the dynasties predating the sphinx, and the sophistication of the temples.
>>
File: images (34).jpg (13KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
images (34).jpg
13KB, 306x165px
>>1795103
Also, they talk about "Gobekeli Teppe" which is supposedly older than Egypt. They also show evidence of construction and stone cutting methods that were better than some newer Egyptian structures. Has anyone been to these places, or know anything about the chances of a "technological reset"?
>>
File: sumerian.png (175KB, 660x666px) Image search: [Google]
sumerian.png
175KB, 660x666px
>>1795093
I'm not sure if humanity got as far as we did now, we would have found SOMETHING advanced by now even if they utterly destroyed themselves.

That being said, it is interesting to think that maybe some civilizations rose to crazy heights before the Sumerians and Egyptians. Something like a plague or warfare wiped them out and they lost what they gained. Sumerians just got lucky that their invention of writing spread to others before they killed each other and other civilizations moved in
>>
speculating whether or not there was a significantly advanced human civilization predating mesopotamian cultures, you might as well speculate on our subterranean unicorn farms because there's an equal amount of evidence.

as for technologies that get lost or forgotten, that just happens when cultures get fucked up or fizzle. the romans had water-resistant concrete technology that was forgotten and wasn't recreated until the 20th century.
>>
Any potential for serious academic study on this issue has been completely ruined and polluted by Ancient Aliens and conspiracy meme bullshit.

A true fucking shame.

We need to look in how they made precision cuts of stone that we can only reproduce with laser-guided diamond-headed machine drills.

Pic related.
>>
>>1796218
Alan Weissman estimated in his book 'The World Without Us' that it would take 500,000 years for all traces of our current society to disappear if all of humanity tied tomorrow.

Could a species with human-level intelligence have lived 500,000 years ago somewhere on earth? Could it have built a civilization which is now lost to time?
>>
>>1796326
what do you think caused the permian-triassic mass extinction
>>
>>1795103
Joe Rogan knows Anthony West? TWF I love him now.
>>
File: B E L I E V E.jpg (31KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
B E L I E V E.jpg
31KB, 600x524px
>>1796268
>how they made precision cuts of stone that we can only reproduce with laser-guided diamond-headed machine drills.
>>
>>1796326
Well, it's apparent that they didn't have industrial combustion engines. Does that dismiss that chance that they had an alternative method for harnessing energy? In the podcast I posted, JAW talks about how the hieroglyphs were made in completely pitch dark tunnels. There has never been any evidence of them even using torches to illuminate tunnels. To me, this gives room to speculate that they had an alternative sustainable light source.
>>
>>1796812
His podcast is 30% amazing. Some of the people he has on there are incredible scholars. They just sit in a room for 2 to 3 hours and talk about history and philosophy in the most organic method I've ever seen. The rest of his guests are usually just random celebrities. Still can be funny most of the time, but definitely not as fascinating as guests like JAW.
>>
>>1796218
What about Egypt? If you look at the construction, you can see a decline in sophistication. Can this be explained by the state of the ruling class's influence, or by a change in access to technology? In the podcast he refers to it like a person who builds a Victorian house, but finishes it with an Ikea kitchen. You can obviously see different stages of construction.
>>
>>1796268
Chip stone. Hold tool with your hand and smack the rock. How fucking hard can it be to understand, holy fucking shit. It's like modern man is in a stasis, he can't comprehend the concept of actually using your hands to shape the world around you. The perfect example is the pyramids. People seriously think that ancient man couldn't possibly stack stones in a pile. I'm badly triggered.
>>
>>1796242
I think that to build the kinds of structures you see at Gobekeli Tepe, you wouldn't just need an incredibly sophisticated work force that is unified objectively, but also equipment that could cut and move 60 ton hunks of stone. (lets remember this was all during a time before humans even invented agriculture, or really even had access to hand held tools other than spears.) These temples speak for themselves. They had methods of construction that we don't have today. It may not have been as efficient or permanent, but it was obviously remarkable and used an energy source that was emission free. (maybe just human elbow grease)
>>
>>1796911
Gobekeli Tepe was created around 10,000 BC... Before scholars claim agriculture was even around. You're telling me that a group of hunters and gatherers that hadn't even discovered fabrics or ropes built that? Because that's the existing model. If you ask me, there were sophisticated societies that used construction methods that are entirely foreign to us. There's actually plenty of mythology to back that up. That doesn't dismiss the chance of more primitive societies at the time. After all, we still have indigenous tribes in our world today. I think it's pretty compelling evidence against your claim. The theory is that they used tethers and levers to life and move the stones. Only hole is, those same "scholars" claim that they hadn't invented rope. Are you trying to claim that they chiseled the temple into the stone mountain? With stone tools? You sound so sure of yourself, yet you weren't there and really have no idea what happened.
>>
>>1796951
>hunter/gatherers
>not having discovered rope
mate what the fuck have you been smoking? What do you think bowstring is? If you can make bowstring you can make fucking rope...
>>
>>1796326
I think absolutely. 500,000 years isn't much. If we look at the flow of evolution, and the eventuality of an "apex" there's no reason to completely rule out the possibility of an intelligent prehistoric species. However, still probably not cities like LA. Maybe? I think you have a valid point.
>>
>>1796867
>the hieroglyphs were made in completely pitch dark tunnels. There has never been any evidence of them even using torches to illuminate tunnels. To me, this gives room to speculate that they had an alternative sustainable light source.

It's well-known that the Egyptians used parabolic mirrored surfaces to direct sunlight for work like this.
>>
>>1796884
>If you look at the construction, you can see a decline in sophistication.

No you don't. You start out with simple mastabas, then you get piles of mastabas on top of each other, then you get smoothly sided piles of mastabas, and then you get inverted mastabas carved out of the solid ground and backfilled with sand to defeat tomb robbers. Each stage is noticeably more technologically impressive, and that's not even to mention the temples whose marvellous embellishments so astounded Greek visitors.
>>
>>1795093
>Ancient Egypt may have dated back to as far as 30 thousand years ago
Hahah, what the fuck?

Sorry for laughing, I don't usually come to this board so I didn't expect this sort of weird threads.
>>
File: rome copypasta.png (8KB, 566x246px) Image search: [Google]
rome copypasta.png
8KB, 566x246px
So when is World War 0 going to be added to the "Germany copypasta"?
>>
>>1797033

This shit belongs on /x/ but the retards who believe it obviously think it's "real" history.
>>
>>1796268
They have shown techniques on history channel for 10 years now, on how egyptians and whoever made these things.
>>
>>1796218
later cuneiform fucking sucked, should have just stuck to pictograms desu.
>>
>>1796985
Well, according to mainstream science they made bows with plant fibers, and the ropes they used were incredibly week 2 ply vines wound up into cordage, but even the wheel was supposedly invented in Sumer. How would they move the stones with vines? I think I'm giving these people more credit than you are. I think they WERE intelligent and sophisticated. I'm not trying to argue that aliens came in for the record. I just think the technology they had was more sophisticated than we give them credit for.
>>
>>1797021
They'd have to be silver for that to really work.
>>
>>1795093
WE
>>
>>1797026
What about the sphynx? It was built before the pyramids.
>>
>>1797033
>>1797038
You guys say that so confidently. I'm not makinf any /x/ claims. I'm just stating that they were more advanced than we give them credit for. I think it's undeniable, but you guys just grasp on to the current model like you've been giving lectures on it for years and don't want it to be false to make you look like an idiot. (oh wait.. maybe you have been).
>>
>>1797041
Um, the fucking alien conspiracy history channel? have we seen the same shit, because history channel is run by actual retards.
>>
File: nALW3zc.jpg (289KB, 1000x732px) Image search: [Google]
nALW3zc.jpg
289KB, 1000x732px
>>1796985
>>
>>1797078
>that they were more advanced than we give them credit for.
Who exactly? The people who lived in the egypt region 30 000 years ago?
>I think it's undeniable,
Why? What did they do?
What proofs do you have?
>>
>>1797079
History channel have different shows aiming to different crowds, I'm talking about a proper docu about ancient egypt which showed us how simple the blocks used for the pyramids were made by normal workers. I'm saying it's not as impressive as some are led to believe. They didn't have any super technology, just neat techniques and understanding of the material used.
>>
>>1797084
Mainstream science.
The structures speak for themselves. Not only were they massive in proportion, but they required a society that was completely in tuned with the strange objectivity of the pharros. They had to have known something that we don't. I don't think faith alone could build the pyramids. I think they had to have had either a powerful psychedelic experience, seen first hand a pharro with the "keys to eternal life", or had technology we are unaware of.
>>1797081
What does that even imply? The crusades were in AD?
>>
>>1797084
And yes, the people who maintained a dynasty for 30,000 years.
>>
>>1797129
*and built the sphynx
>>
File: DUDE.png (31KB, 986x295px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE.png
31KB, 986x295px
>fuck all for paleontological evidence

Where are all the dudes in high tech power suits burried?
>>
>>1797120
>The structures speak for themselves.
The structures are awesome, and the engineers behind it were really good, and the logistics are impressive. But the technology were simple, as shown by those who studies egyptian techniques.

Now, let's not discuss the egyptians who made the pyramids, as I agree with you that these people did amazing things.

I am more curious where you get the idea from, that they go back 30k years. And now you're saying they were one maintained dynasty as well? What? Explain where you cook up these theories from.
>>
>>1797136
They were cremated, and their ashes were shot over Los Vegas in a firework show.
>>
File: Cuneiform writing lines.jpg (612KB, 850x573px) Image search: [Google]
Cuneiform writing lines.jpg
612KB, 850x573px
>>1797047
>>
>>1797139
I'm sorry, I'm very poorly conveying John Anthony West's work and butchering the idea. I didn't mean one dynasty, but one ruling class. Supposedly the Palermo stone provides evidence that the lineage of pharros may have gone back up to 30,000 years. The stele was built around the time the pyramids were, and gave reference to a long lineage that predates it.
>>
>>1797136
>balony
>>
>>1796268
>serious academic studies

fug

you mean state approved propaganda
>>
>>1797047
Take a look at this gooklover
>Pictograms
>Practical
>>
>>1797169

It goes back to the 30th century BC. That's 3,000BC, not 30,000.
>>
Has the sphinx's body been buried under the sand for thousands of years? Say during the time of Cleopatra and Julius Cesar what was the state of the sphinx?
>>
>>1798055
Idk, but it's speculated that the head was redone to be an african face when the sphynx was mostly buried. The erosion of the sphinx after being buried for so long is another reason to think it might be older than we know.
>>
>>1797047
Agred. I wish it had survived the way it started and remained relevant though so I could get into it instead of Chinese.
>>
>>1795093
>tfw the hyper war is real
>>
File: Great Wall of Korea.jpg (747KB, 2260x1673px) Image search: [Google]
Great Wall of Korea.jpg
747KB, 2260x1673px
>>1801277
>>
>>1798334
So during the Ptolemaic dynasty the Egyptians themselves didn't know there was a body of the sphinx buried beneath the sand?
>>
File: 1466754007241.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1466754007241.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>1801277
>>1802074
Humanity's tale is one of loss
Hyper loss one might say...
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.