[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Vets Defending Their Actions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: vlcsnap-error305.png (933KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error305.png
933KB, 1280x720px
Do any of you happen to have a BBC episode of 'Timewatch' called 'Battle of the Bombers' that aired in 1993? I've looked everywhere online but cannot find it in either a physical copy or stream.

The episode features British bomber veterans defending their actions in discussions with civilians who experienced the receiving end. There is a short clip of it in a later Timewatch episode;

Starts at 9:33;

https://youtu.be/utIFh9ySRFI?t=574
>>
>>1794794

This ones more famous, German veterans on partisans;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdDnbXXn20
>>
>>1794799
The look on that woman's face on the end.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>1794794
Unless it's some fucked up massacre just cause, a soldier shouldn't need to defend his actions, the people who order them to do shit should be the one to answer
Just following orders is only a meme if they were raping people and burning civilians houses down because some lt said it was okay, then you can question their ethics
Dropping bombs in total war though, nah that's just how it goes
>>
>>1794799
>we were protecting Europe from bolshevism
>if we hadn't stopped it France would be comunist
lolwut
>>
>>1794799
>chiding Russians for not followiing the Geneva convention when they let 3,5 million Russian prisoners freeze and starve to death
>repeating the 12:1 meme
>asserting that they were preserving Europe from bolveshim when they were the ones to bolster hostilities with the USSR in the first place

How is their delusion still so strong half a century later?
>>
File: Bye Hans.jpg (78KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bye Hans.jpg
78KB, 1200x720px
Who's /lit/'s favourite war vet?

Mine's Bomber Harris.
>>
ITT Antifa
>>
>>1794794
One of my least favourite historians that. Terrible orator.
>>
>>1795674
Do it again, Bomber Harris!
>>
>>1794794
>nazis
>show Finnish swastika
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1794799
Based
>>
>>1795670
Soviets tried to make whole Europe communist during 1920's but Poland kicked their ass when they tried to start their steamroll.
Also communists very pretty popular in France before WW2 if I remember correctly.

>>1794799
>muh resistance fighters have rights
What a bitch.
>>
>>1795673
They weren't brainwashed by western cuck media
>>
>>1794794
The section you mention is great OP I really hope you find it.

Are you British? Have you considered contacting the BBC?
>>
>>1795673

>Russkie detected

Germany may have started it, but it was nonetheless preemtive. The Russian Bear was looming over Eastern Europe for decades, as evidenced by their retarded attempts to subsume it post-WW2. Inevitably they'd have turned their sights West.

>>1795741

Also this. France was Commie central - but more than that, simply cowardly. The vast majority were collaborators, hence the shame that induces people to proudly lie and claim their ancestors were in the Resistance.
>>
>>1794799
Is that a patton from battle of the buldge
>>
>>1794799
Feel bad for them tbqh.
>>
>>1795741
>Soviets tried to make whole Europe communist during 1920's but Poland kicked their ass when they tried to start their steamroll.
Which was 20 years before this.
>Also communists very pretty popular in France before WW2 if I remember correctly.ยจ'
It was even more popular after, seeing the red army "liberate" army had that effect on people.

>>1795751
>Germany may have started it, but it was nonetheless preemtive. The Russian Bear was looming over Eastern Europe for decades, as evidenced by their retarded attempts to subsume it post-WW2. Inevitably they'd have turned their sights West.
The Soviet union hadn't done shit against it until Germany signed the Molotov Ribbentrop pact with them. What makes you think they would suddenly start doing things, especially while being opposed by the UK and France rather than allied?
>>
File: 1451235957147.png (43KB, 162x182px) Image search: [Google]
1451235957147.png
43KB, 162x182px
>>1795751
>Germany may have started it, but it was nonetheless preemtive. The Russian Bear was looming over Eastern Europe for decades, as evidenced by their retarded attempts to subsume it post-WW2. Inevitably they'd have turned their sights West.
pretty optimal to start that by fighting the entire rest of europe and helping them with poland
>>
>>1795969
>expecting dumbfuck burger wehrboos to know history
>>
>>1794799
Not surprising, given how they were drilled to believe that their Slavic enemies are subhuman and that all inflicted crimes against them weren't actual crimes against humanity, because they weren't considered as human.

They've merely forgotten to mention that part.

>>1795742
Indeed, they were just brainwashed by a media authored by the same people who've believed that horse cart-based logistics are still competent and more than viable in their era.

>>1795751
The claim that the Soviets have planned to invade Europe was a false flag, just like the Bloody Sunday in Poland.

>as evidenced by their retarded attempts to subsume it

They've would've never "subsumed" it if it weren't for their Allies who've agreed on it during Yalta.
>>
>>1794799
>Brainwashing still holds after all those years

German quality indeed.
>>
File: IMG_3859.jpg (33KB, 169x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3859.jpg
33KB, 169x250px
>>1795674
Empire Jack, veteran of the WWI. Was responsible for destroying the Romanian oil fields, before they were seized by the German army. Sometimes he did this singlehandedly with a sledgehammer.

>Those who challenged Norton-Griffiths or stood in his way were overwhelmed by the sheer force of his personality. If that proved insufficient, he would deliver a powerful kick or pull out his revolver and shout, "I don't speak your blasted language'.
>Ludendorff: "We must attribute our shortages in part to him."
>>
>>1796324
>a media authored by the same people who've believed that horse cart-based logistics are still competent and more than viable in their era.

Do you got some obsession or what?
I don't see what's so wrong with using horse charts if you got a lack of alternatives, just like using horses for your units in a tank era isn't wrong as you use them well and do not charge tanks with it ((Which none did))
>>
>>1795710
>Unironically spouting antifa slogans
I prefer /pol/ to this.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.