[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this disprove determinism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: wpid-maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 714x402px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 714x402px
If you say that all of our actions are determined then your statement is determined, but for a statement to have truth you have to have had reasoning. Without free will there is no reasoning, because you can not choose it. If there is no reason you cant appeal to reason
>>
Unless reasoning is just "justification"
when in reality you were going to make an action no matter what, it was to your own benefit that you justified it with reason, and reasoning.
>>
OP here, for any statement to have truth, we have to assume that the statement was considered against other possible truths, and the most reasonable one was selected, or chosen, which requires free will. Otherwise, words are being spoken and have nothing to do with truth. Then, words that promote the truth of determinism cannot have truth to them.
>>
>>1794790
>for any statement to have truth, we have to assume that the statement was considered against other possible truths
Or again, its just justifications.
No matter what I was going to type this.
For my own benefit I considered alternatives that never happened, because this was going to happen, no matter what.
>>
>>1794804
but your justifications for determinism cannot have truth if they are physically determined, because there was no reasoning behind them, only physical interactions producing the typed words.
>>
>>1794852
Also, isn't reasoning just a justification for a truth?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.