[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We will ever again see outright Imperialism? Or has humanity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Feels Imperial.png (114KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Imperial.png
114KB, 200x251px
We will ever again see outright Imperialism?

Or has humanity matured past that?
>>
>>1794746
I think russia,iran and china have some imperialistic tendencies,no?
>>
>>1794746

Classic Imperialism was neat. You get to some place, you conquer it, then you establish some sort of administration and public services in the conquered place while raping the economy of the country.

Modern Imperialism, USA basically, is un-elegant. A combination of direct military interventions to destroy countries and indirect interventions, via coups d'etat, regime-changing, economic war, support for terrorist/factionalist groups to destabilize countries and so on to keep countries under their political and economic domination.

Also, funny pic. Prussia never was an Imperialist country and had zero colonies.
>>
>>1794811

>Can influence nothing that isn't bordering their own country

You'd call that Imperialism?
>>
>>1794844
Iran also influences lebanon and yemen. China actively competes with other asians for some isles and even creates artificial ones for more clay.
>>
>>1794844
I bet the Ukrainians and Tibetans call it imperialism.
>>
File: HomerLaugh.gif (169KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
HomerLaugh.gif
169KB, 375x375px
>>1794811

>Iran
>>
>>1794862

Expansionism is not Imperialism

And I'd expect the Ukranians and Tibetans to call literal shit "fast food" they're fucking retards.
>>
>>1794897
What is the difference?
I literally don't know.
>>
>>1794901

>Expansionism
"This country is ours now and is no longer it's own country, it's part of OUR country, its citizens are now our citizens and have our rights"

>Imperialism
"This country is ours now, but it remains its own country technically, it's just part of our Empire, it's citizens have none of our rights, but pay our taxes."
>>
>matured

Don't count on it. A century is nothing.
>>
The only reason imperialism is dead for the time being is mass media and the internet, everything is so interconnected that the slightest mistake could become a catastrophe, currently most countries are walking on eggshells regarding foreign policy and unless mass censorship happens again we wont see classic imperialism for a long time.
>>
Imperialism is too expensive. The French and the English realized the Africans are capable of governing themselves just enough to keep the resourcea flowing they packed up and left.
>>
Apart from the economic costs that comes with Imperialism, people just don't like being ruled by other people. With the increased capability to share information and share thoughts and ideas, it's so hard to maintain anything resembling a an overt Empire of old.

Instead, I think America has been the most successful empire. It owns pretty much most of the world, not in name, but purely through economic and cultural force. It's a soft empire and is arguably the most successful and most expansive.
>>
>>1794969
This, not to mention the cultural domination via mass media. We're all living in America.
>>
File: 1379995531647.jpg (640KB, 1370x888px) Image search: [Google]
1379995531647.jpg
640KB, 1370x888px
>No one mentions American Imperialism
>>
>>1794811
>forgetting America
Come now, you know better /his/
>>
>>1794811
China can't even fight in South Sudan.
>>
>>1794746

Russia flat out annexed part of another country 2 years ago.
>>
>>1795248
They reunited ethnic Russians via a democratic vote
>>
>>1795493
>wink, wink
>>
>>1795493
Yes, jolly good of those Spetsnaz operatives to help their fellow Russians off-duty ay?
>>
>>1794819

>doesn't know about the African forts
>>
File: THIS IS A GOOD THING... RIGHT.jpg (183KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS A GOOD THING... RIGHT.jpg
183KB, 600x849px
>We will ever again see outright Imperialism?
Yes
>Or has humanity matured past that?
No
>>
>>1794901
Lack of colonies aka what >>1794906 said.
>>
>there will never be classical imperialism again in our lifetimes barring some sort of cataclysm

>now we just have to put up with Russia, China, and the USA being shitheads

The New World can't do anything right
>>
>>1797163

I don't know man, I gotta bed to sleep at night and food to eat.

Think they doin ight
>>
>>1797199
People who want interesting times often forget they'd likely not actually enjoy living in said interesting times.
>>
>>1794746
>humanity
>matured
>>
Do you think we'll see pseudo-empires that are basically supranational organizations like the EU that are equal on paper but actually mostly controlled by one hegemon, like the EU?

I think it's likely and the only way empires will ever come back. The international community just wouldn't tolerate some country saying they now own some other country.
>>
>>1795174
>death = bodybag
>war = modern soldier
>pestilence = sick guy in hazmat suit
>famine = ???

I've been trying to figure out what famine represents and I don't get it besides its resemblance to a locust.
>>
>>1797318
Maybe the artist translated famine to generally poor health? Dude doesn't look like he's doing great.
>>
>>1797659
Ya but what's with the mask, earmuffs, and hose?
>>
>>1797238

How many babies have you sacrificed to the Rain God in the last year?
>>
File: 1445791651001.png (221KB, 284x370px) Image search: [Google]
1445791651001.png
221KB, 284x370px
>>1794746
That's what you think
>>
>>1794819

>Prussia had zero colonies.

Literally not true. The Second Reich was basically an enlarged Prussian state, and it definitely had overseas colonies.
>>
>>1794867

Don't laugh. You'll see a revived Persian Empire in your lifetime, Arab scum.
>>
>>1797318
>>1797659
>>1797991

A VR machine?
>>
Why are these sorts of threads always posted in mangled English?
>>
>>1800912
Dyslexic Slavs
>>
>>1794746
China. China is already balls deep in Africa & latin america (not going as well as they had hoped after dropping 60 billion with plans to drop 250 billion) as well as southeast asia vassels
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.