[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people religious in 2016? Isn't religion worthless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: PCjXe2F.png (243KB, 670x908px) Image search: [Google]
PCjXe2F.png
243KB, 670x908px
Why are people religious in 2016? Isn't religion worthless?
>>
it's a cultural system and people are unwilling to abandon it.
>>
File: 1466125460381.jpg (162KB, 770x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466125460381.jpg
162KB, 770x600px
I think religion is an important force in binding people together under common tradition, morality, and culture. The issue is that most of the world is dominated by Semetic relgions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) despite most of the world not being Semetic.

I think if people took more interest in reconstructing the traditions of their forebears (ancestors) while still maintaining a rational mind in daily life it would be the perfect combination.
>>
>>1793428
>>1793441
I'm not used to such rational replies on /his/
>>
Most of the world is sub 100 IQ

If they didn't believe in magic we'd be surrounded by caveman tier chaos
>>
>>1793449
I don't think it's that simple. plenty of people with high IQ's are religious or believe other assorted bullshit.
>>
>>1793441
I envy the Japanese for this

Nobody really believes in the kami, but the tradition has existed for as long as the Japanese people have existed

Buddhism is an important religion, but even with syncretism it's just not seen a truly "Japanese" faith
>>
>>1793441
Second post best post.

>>1793480
Ditto.
>>
>>1793480
>Buddhism is an important religion, but even with syncretism it's just not seen a truly "Japanese" faith

nobody cares that much about nationalism

i know this is hard for most folks here to understand given you see the world through race / nationaism related glasses.

there are plenty of japanese nationalists, but when you say its's not "seen" as japanese, that implies someone is concerned with its presence / worship, whereas literally nobody is
>>
>>1793426
Its an anchor of objective morality. The modern atheist is a nihilist utilitarian.
Western society as we know it is the product of Christian ideals.
It takes faith to believe in human dignity.

Oddly, atheist often have baseless faith in nonsense that is proven by daily observation. I've met plenty of egalitarian atheist communist.
>>
>>1794994
The opposite is true. If you are a true believer, you are free in all the ways atheists are not.
t. believer
>>
>>1794999
Your speaking of the iron cage of rationality.
Right?

Ether way, atheistic is a cage. A cage of utilitarian morality.
>>
>>1794966
Did you read who he replied to? They blatantly mentioned semitic culture within Abrahamic religions. As far as the japanese go, they are very nationalistic, blatantly so. Its prevalent in their art and media.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.