[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went very wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: history.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
What went very wrong?
>>
>>1790268
Normies reee
>>
Jews saw that the History Channel gave Hitler and the NSDAP attention in the 90s so they decided to make a show about some guy running a pawn shop and how aliens created ancient civilizations.
>>
File: le hand rubbing man.png (34KB, 634x623px) Image search: [Google]
le hand rubbing man.png
34KB, 634x623px
>>1790268
Same thing that happened to Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and a bunch of other educational tv channels: they wanted that sweet, sweet reality tv money.
>>
>>1790268
Americans and their lack of heritage.
>>
it was never that great even before 9/11. lot's of half true not that well researched shit.

do they still air reruns of modern marvels and engineering an empire? those were okay. haven't had cable since 2010.
>>
>>1790276
I unironically like Pawn Stars and Ancient Aliens, it's just those other meme shows like "Cajun Pawn Stars" (seriously wtf), Axe Men, and Ice Road Truckers sent it straight into the trash.

Prior, it was just a 24/7 WWII channel so they weren't even that good, I miss the days when they actually had historical variety.
>>
>>1790268
Rednecks.
>>
History went wrong
>>
>>1790282
They still air modern marvels in the afternoon. I haven't seen Engineering an Empire in quite awhile though. Of course I may have just missed it.

Early mornings they're actually pretty damn good. Lots of documentaries. A few weeks ago I was sick and couldn't sleep. Stayed up all night watching TV. Around 6AM they had a great doc about Grand Central Station.
>>
>>1790268
It was always shit Tbh. Pop history is trash tier.
>>
>>1790268
People started watching it.
>>
Cheap to make reality tv.
>>
>>1790268
They're trying to appease the lowest denominator.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.