[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't the anglos breed with the natives like the spanish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: CHNrHkIWkAAmoF7.jpg (33KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CHNrHkIWkAAmoF7.jpg
33KB, 599x337px
why didn't the anglos breed with the natives like the spanish and portos did? i mean think about it mexico and central/south america are continents of euro/native muts, but american colonists had a completely different outlook. what was the attitude behind this and would today be different if the anglos had just bred with the natives instead of being all semi-genocidal about it?
>>
>>1789783
But they did. There were just too few of them.
>>
puritanism and sexual repression
>>
Mesoamerican agriculture was far more productive than agriculture further north, higher native populations meant more racemixing.
>>
Self-love, dignity, pride, just having two eyes and a brain?
>>
>>1789783
I imagine the Encomienda system brought the two populations closer and lead to natural mixing. The English preferred to just remove the natives entirely and the later Americans preferred to just stick them on reservations. Not sure as to why the English and the Spanish saw the natives differently. Encomienda apparently has roots in the reconquista so the Spanish were probably just using the same old system and the English were probably just motivated by puritan ideals.
>>
>>1789783
the spanish are horny motherfuckers, love is often compared to fire and there's an entire stereotype based around it.

They'll fuck anything and did fuck everything
>>
>>1789857
the reason was to create a minority of overseers for the mines and plantations, that became a race
>>
>>1789783

The British traders, explorers and military often took "country wives" and had halfbreed kids. They generally adopted many ways of the locals--this practice generally didn't last once British women and clergy arrived on the scene, however.
>>
File: conquistador-013.jpg (194KB, 1054x758px) Image search: [Google]
conquistador-013.jpg
194KB, 1054x758px
>>1789783
on this topic approximately how many men today do you think are descended from the 2000 or so conquistadors?
>>
>>1789874
The Spaniards were the Annunaki to the Latin Americans.
>>
this >>1789896
let us not forget anglo men are among the most effeminate in the world while anglo women are almost equals to men in physical strength and aggressive impulsive behavior from their early 20s onwards
>>
>>1789857
there were laws protecting them
>>
>>1789931
about 25% of latin american population is
>>
>>1789939
in theory yes. in practice not really.
>>
>>1789951
yeah they had a rotten deal but couldnĀ“t be made slaves
>>
>>1789783
Spaniards occupied areas of High population density. Not to mention actual civilizations. But in some areas like Argentina (inb4 ARGENTINA IS WHIIIITE memes), there were more Europeanigs than natives. As for some areas like the Philippines it was too far and too dangerous for Spanish women to go to until the 1700s at least.

In addition the Spics integrated the nobilities of the areas they occupied into a colonial elite class in order to streamline their rule. In reality the race-based caste system they had was pretty theoretical. For example: pure bred Spaniards are supposedly above colonial-born Spaniards and mixed race/native elites, but let's stick some poor fucking Castilian colonist in the colonies and see who's more elite, him or the landed colonial gentry with more money than that cunt will ever have in his life.

Anglos meanwhile occupied the sparsely populated, wild North. As for other places of the globe, the native civilizations themselves balked at marrying with perceived barbarians. I know Indians and Chinese did.
>>
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/genetic-study-reveals-surprising-ancestry-many-americans
Can someone explain this though? What's this about?
>>
>>1789794
This. Think Pocahontas (the real one. she married an Englishman)

In Canada there's a substantial community of Euro-Amerindians peoples: the Metis. They are mostly descended from French trappers/traders who decided to bang some Injuns out in the woods and prairies.

The lack of same-ethnicity females is a major driver for mixing.
Anglos didn't have that for the most part. Even in non-puritan early colonial America (i.e. Virginia/Maryland) they were mostly indentured servants who didn't have the time to go out and procreate

>>1789896
Not to mention all the mulattoes created in the South. Though I guess that can be seen as "practical" by the master, since the child of a slave mother is also born slave
>>
euros and native americans bred like rabbits what the fuck are you talking about. there were literally massacres instigated over white wimmenz not being able to stop taking the big red cock.

relative to the surviving native american population, there's a proportion of white americans with injun blood in them.
>>
>>1790009
>http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/genetic-study-reveals-surprising-ancestry-many-americans
How the fuck is that "suprising"? Is math a sin in the US or something?
>>
Not gonna read the meme answers but Angols were colonizing, they brought women and children over

Iberians were conquering, they brought soldiers over. Only wealthy officers and plantation owners brought their women and children.

Thats not to say the Anglos didn't bring soldiers and the average Iberians didn't bring women.

From the beginning I would say the Iberians saw it as a conquest before colonization.

You can see the differences even today, in South America the "old money" tends to be descendants of wealthy Spanish and Portuguese families.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.