[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Iranian Revolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: 5038760.jpg (211KB, 1458x1874px) Image search: [Google]
5038760.jpg
211KB, 1458x1874px
Would Iran have become a global superpower had the Pahlavi Dynasty remained intact?

Also, was pic related based?
>>
>global superpower
>mere 80 millions of people
>>
File: keity.jpg (39KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keity.jpg
39KB, 600x593px
>friend of the Jews and first leader after Turkey to recognize the sovereign State of Israel in the ME
of course he was based :)
>>
>>1789048
A regional power yeah, but not a superpower because the population wouldn't have been high enough.
>>
>>1789048
>>1789080
I don't know.

Let's say the divine glory of the kings (Khvarenah) slipped into his soul, shining from his grace, and he glimpsed into the mightiness and tranquility of the Farahavar.

Then he realizes the truth, as I have: to reunite with the Greater Khorasan and the Land of Tur. Iran would then reconnect to its greater might, and Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, and so forth would all be followers of the TRUE Avestan beliefs.

We, Aryans, would then impose Zoroastrianism onto Neo-Rome, finally ending the long feud with our victory. Submit to Ohrmazd and burn Mecca.
>>
>>1789048
The Pahlavi were pretty shitty leaders familia so probably not. Basically tried to copy Atatürk but did it in the shittiest way possible
>>
>Being a monarchist
Absolutely disgusting desu
>>
>>1789048
he looks like a shitskin lyndon johnson
>>
>>1789048
Not really, the same would've happened to him as what happened to Saddam
>>
>>1789504
>in /his/
>not being a monarchist
>>
File: tumblr_ntlo76hofv1qggwnvo1_400.jpg (119KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntlo76hofv1qggwnvo1_400.jpg
119KB, 400x600px
>>1789505
This guy in Tehran has the Ancient Persian regal look.
>>
>>1789492
>Reza Khan
>"copying" Ataturk.
Retard.
>also implying Reza was a shitty leader
Kill yourself.
>>
>father grew up in the Dalmatian Highlands
>said one of his cousins looked exactly like the shah of Iran and everybody used to make fun of him for it; dad claims he literally looks like him and isn't just a passing resemblance
>figure it's probably bullshit and people were just having laugh
>finally visit my fathers village when on vacation in Croatia
>find picture
>Spitting_image.png
>Everybody in the village uses it as proof that the Croatian theory of WE WUZ IRANIANS AND NOT SLAVS is true
>explain to some old semi illiterate man in the village center that's it a poor sample size and you can't conclusively determine a person's origin just by their phenotype anyway
>everyone in the village accuses me of being a secret serbophile/slavophile and denying the Iranian heritage of the Croats
kek
>>
File: royalty.jpg (21KB, 284x251px) Image search: [Google]
royalty.jpg
21KB, 284x251px
>>1789992
Decided to zoom into his face. This is how I think most Achaemenid and Sassanid kings resembled.
>>
>>1790027
>how
what*
>>
>>1790024
>>1790031
I'm half-Persian and always wondered why some Slavs had interest in those Iranian origin theories.
>>
>>1790027
That's how a lot of Iranians look up North around the Caspian areas and cooler climates but no matter how ruddy or pale you are, if you like in places like Pars/Shiraz, ect...you will tan like a mother fucker.
>>
>>1790024
Iranian theory was designated entirely to distinguish croats from the subhuman s*rbs, they hate.
>>
>>1790043
Actually not him but several Iranian and Near Eastern historians and anthropologists have always had researched Croat and other Slavic peoples links with Iranic peoples. Its not something Croat nationalists made up.
>>
>>1789048
No. In fact lets ignore the notion of Iran as a modern superpower and look at this>>1789080

Iran's gateway to regional power status was oil. What did the Pahlavis do? Let Western companies reap in profit while they and their circle lived cushy lives.
There would have to be a big change in policy on the side of the Shah for Iran as a whole to thrive.

Otherwise, odds are still decent down the line. Iran had, and has, relatively great technology and education and military.
But you're gonna have a hard time being a regional power when you're essentially a vassal state, unless your liege wants/needs you to...and that wasn't necessary when the U.S. had Saudi Arabia and Israel
>>
>>1790035
I made a thread about it:
>>1784733

Proto-Indo-Iranians from Andronovo and of Stintishta culture were genetically Eastern European / Baltic. They migrated to Iran and mixed with the indigenous peoples of the Zagros area.

Present genomic samples of Iron Age Iranians and Neolithic Iranians seem to indicate Persians/Medes AND Bactrians/Sogdians AND Alans/Scythians were all racially distinct from one another. There was only one Iron Age sample from Teppe Hasanlu that was compared to present Iranians, who do cluster closely with him, but I feel we need more samples. Neolithic Iranians, however, cluster closely to Afghanies and Pakistanis.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943.full

However, it's not as if Iranians are purely descended from the Mesolithic, Neolithic and Chalcolithic inhabitants of the Iranian plateau, you need a Sintashta-like component to obtain contemporary Iranians (Iranians are 13.70% Sintashta-like on average). Again, this is quite obvious when looking at the uniparental lineages.

>>1790040
Persians have always been mixing. It’s clear that the empire’s elites, originally from Parsa and Elam (a mixture themselves!) intermarried with Babylonians, Greeks, Egyptians, Anatolians and others. We
can also trace intermarriage at other levels of Achaemenid society. And we know that mixed children were accepted in Achaemenid imperial society, and eventually married other mixed children. Children of mixed marriages were accepted in Persian society as far up as the Kings: Darius II had a Babylonian mother, his wife Parysatis also had a Babylonian mother, so their son Artaxerxes II and grandson Artaxerxes III were also mixed.
>>
>>1790035
see>>1790043
Similar to Bulgarians, they try to disassociate bolghars from altaic lineage and try to associate themselves with Iran. They even use loan words come from Ottoman era to prove original bolgar language, something that was pointed out by a scholar who was not a bulgarian.

Both Croat and Bulgar theories are unscientific and heavily intervened with nationalism.
>>1790047
There is no consensus, it is only accepted and propagated by academics who have a stake in it, i.e. croats again due to nationalism.
Similar to Turks believi
>>
>>1790047
They most likely come from Sarmatians, like the Alans or Scythians people. We fought a lot wars with them during Sassanian times, but we influenced each other culturally a lot. However, they did predate us and give us our culture.

Proto-Indo-Iranians =/= Iron Age Iranians of Iranian Plateau
>>
>>1790054
>Elam
Elamites were already almost wiped out as a race when the Iranians showed up and took over their territory and cities. Please stop pushing this. Also intermixing with Babylonians and Egyptians as well as Anatolians is not documented, or otherwise academically acknowledged.

And we do now that Darius did ENCOURAGE high ranking Persian nobles to intermarry with Greek aristocrats. But that's it. They were not a "mixing" people.

Also there is no such thing as "genetically Eastern European/Baltic". I'm getting serious vibes here you are the same poster who made that thread a few days back claiming Slavs are the only real descendants of Iranic peoples.
>>
>>1790047
>>1790055
cut in the middle cont*
turks believing in japs and koreans are altaic a very fringe theory and very hard to prove, and only propogated by turks

I suggest to do take a look at theories about Croatian or Bulgarian or turkic or whatever delusional balkan-near east nation you are from origin theories written by outsiders. A Danish turcologist would have a less bias view, for example
>>1790057
that is the streching, as if bulgarians try to use their thracian heritage, which certainly existed, to distance themselves from other slavs.
>>
>>1790065
I just copy-pasted something a PhD scholar, I was communicating with over email, told me, but from my own studies, there were indigenous Zagros people in Iran. It's why we don't genetically relate with the Proto-Indo-Iranians of Sintashta culture that much.
>>
>>1790065
No, I am not that same guy. I'm making the point that Sogdians/Bactrians AND Medes/Achaemenids AND Alans/Scythians/Sarmatians were all distinct racially. Population genetics seems to point that.
>>
alright ancient Eurasian race-master....explain the Slavs (please)
>>
>>1790057
>We fought a lot wars with them during Sassanian times,
during Achaemenid times*

I do think there is a lot truth to Cyrus dying by Scythians
>>
>>1789048
>Also, was pic related based?
https://youtu.be/WtnS9JMjALk?t=44s
>>
>>1790096
No, I'm actually a Persian impartially researching this stuff.

Persian culture did not begin with the Proto-Indo-Iranians, who we don't share that much of a relationship with. They gave us a formative influence though. Check here: >>1790054
>>
>>1789994
He totally was. He was a shitty authoritarian who failed at modernizing Iran and set the stage for the eventual revolution that got his even more worthless son dethroned.
>>
>>1790108
Are you familiar with Polish nobility trying to claim Sarmatian/Iranic origin?

Is there any credence to it or was it full on WE WUZ?
>>
>>1790111
Not really no, but meme more please if it makes you feel better.
>>1790080
Really? Because going by autosomal DNA, modern Iranians are very much the same as Iron Age Iranians who are most a mix of Indo-Iranic and Zagros peoples. So I'm not really buying that.
>>
>>1790118
Not that anon but I'm familiar with it, there might be a small credence to it but I doubt most pre-Slavified Poles are ethnic Sarmatians or Alans.
>>
>>1789994
He literally let both the Allies and the Germans cuck him. The Germans took his industry and the Allies took his throne.

My grandma would make a better dictator.
>>
>>1790144
>cuck
Meme buzzwords, post already disregarded into the trash.
>>
>>1790147
Ok, 'pussy.' Is that worth a proper rebuttal now?
>>
>>1790129
>Because going by autosomal DNA, modern Iranians are very much the same as Iron Age Iranians who are most a mix of Indo-Iranic and Zagros peoples.
I agreed with this.

Are you even reading what I'm saying?
>>
>>1790154
Nah but you can keep repeating yourself ad naseum if it makes you feel better, cupcake.

>>1790156
Zagros people in Iran prior to PIE/PII groups showing up were of the already aforementioned neolithic farmers in the Iranian plateau. I wanted to make sure you knew that which is why I repeated myself there.
>>
>>1790154
>>1790144
>I have no idea what I'm talking about but here are some /v/ tier bullshit
Here's the (You) for the 1/10 bait.
>>
>>1790161
Well, Neolithic Iranian farmers and Iron Age Iranians were both racially distinct too.

My point was PII input did not change Zagros people that much (only ~14%) due to us having big genetic distance (think of how Spaniards changed Mexians racially as an analogy).

Iranians still have strong ancestry with their Achaemenid and Sassanian past. I was saying that does not extend to Proto-Indo-Iranians, who were mostly our enemies.
>>
>>1790161
>Nah but you can keep repeating yourself ad naseum if it makes you feel better, cupcake.
Really fostering intellectualism with that attitude. No wonder /his/ is known as the Library of Alexandria of the Internet.
>>
>>1790164
>I have no rebuttal so I'm going to respond with memes
Classic
>>
>>1790170
Iranians are identical to their Iron Age predecessors with little variance or change between then and now.

>>1790172
>>1790174
Nice (You) strawman kun.
>>
>>1790170
>Proto-Indo-Iranics
I never claimed we are directly the same as them culturally or "racially" (whatever the fuck that means in this context), I was saying that assimilation afterwards between Zagros and other neolithic people living people with Indo-Iranic peoples is what we are today.
>>
>>1790177
>Iranians are identical to their Iron Age predecessors with little variance or change between then and now.
I agreed though I think the genomic analyses of the Saltmen can establish that without a doubt once and for all. The sample Iron Age Iranian sample from Teppe Hasanlu proves your point though, but I would like genomic analyses of the Saltmen too.

I was just making the point that Medes/Persians =/= Bactrians/Sogdians =/= Proto-Indo-Iranians
>>
>>1790177
>Nice (You) strawman kun.
Why do you come across as someone who just read the Wikipedia article for logical fallacies? Try to write your reply to this post without ad nauseam, strawman, ad absurdum, etc.
>>
File: 1434381928172.jpg (294KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434381928172.jpg
294KB, 582x600px
>>1790190
>>1790174
>>1790172
>he can't even shitpost properly now
>>
>>1790187
There's a common overlap between all Iranic peoples though. Its there genetically, its there culturally, and its there linguistically. I mean look at Kurds living in Iraq and Turkey, they are very expressively and clearly intermixed with strong Arab and Semitic admixture but there are still clearly defined Iranian influences in them.
>>
>>1790193
Haven't been shitposting. That's all you buddy, with these dank ass memes and no arguments.
>>
>>1790198
I agree about the Kurds. Persians, Kurds, and Azeris all descend from the Achaemenids and Sassanids, no doubt.

However, the Tajiks predominantly descend from Sogdians (and maybe Bactrians). While we share a big cultural connection, genetically we are very different.

The Sarmatians and people of Andronovo and of Stintishta culture (like Alans and Scythians) were also very different and more European genetically. We have a less of a cultural relation with them.

Those are the three many Iranic peoples.

I think we should get closer to our Tajik brothers... but fuck the Proto-Indo-Iranians. They gave us a formative cultural influence and then just went barbaric and started fighting with us.
>>
>>1790207
>Kurds. Persians, Kurds, and Azeris all descend from the Achaemenids and Sassanids, no doubt.
I said Kurds twice, ignore that.
>>
>>1790207
>many Iranic peoples
main Iranic peoples*
>>
File: 1432273507746.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1432273507746.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>1790204
>Haven't been shitposting.

>>1790207
Sogdians didn't speak Persian and Tajiks are literally colonial Persians who started setting up cities and urban centers where they colonized in Khorasan. They are two distinctively cultures, Tajik Persians vs Sogdians.

>Sarmatians
>more European genetically
No they weren't. Also the Sarmatians are just an off-shoot of Eurasian Scythians from Central Asia and Steppes outside of the Iranian Plateau who had two major confederacies, one in Europe and one in Asia and both are physically identical and likely genetically as well.
>>
>>1790213
And to add while Bactarians and Sogdians might've been part of what makes up the identity of modern Tajiks, its primarily ethnic Persians who set up states or nations like the Samanid Empire and Buyids dynasty.
>>
>>1790213
I think Tajiks descend from the Sogdians... I don't think their Mongoloid influence came from Mongolian invasions, but it came from their extensive contact with China during their ancient past.

>No they weren't.
There is a lot of genetic research showing that the people of the Stintishta culture, which came from Andronovo, were more genetically European. They weren't that important to Persian culture though.
>>
>>1790221
Unless you are using J2 marker for this, there is not really much to mark them as being "more" genetically European. Also Sintashta would implicate closer then believed origins and ties with both pre-and-post PIE peoples in Europe and Anatolia.

And as for Tajik Persians, they had more contact and intermixing with Turkic and Mongolic peoples in general so there's a bit more admixture there then compared to Iran.

Although still nowhere as bad as what Afghanistan has.
>>
File: latest_poll_indicates.jpg (136KB, 451x399px) Image search: [Google]
latest_poll_indicates.jpg
136KB, 451x399px
>>1789483

>return of Zoroastrianism
>Zoroastrians conquer the Middle East and destroy Mecca
>build a fire temple out of the stones of the Kaaba
>smash the Black Stone and burn it, forever banishing the Demonic Entity responsible for Islam
>>
>>1790238
There are autosomal DNA plots of Sintashta people. They were North/Eastern European.
>>
>>1789048
>Discuss Iranics in /his/.
>DNAniggers come out of the woodwork.
>>
>>1790118
>Is there any credence to it or was it full on WE WUZ?
Yes, the Eastern Europeans (and maybe even some Northern) can make a descent claim for descent from Sarmatians, BUT they cannot do that for the Achaemenids or Sassanids, as research shows. Iron Age Iranian of Iranian Plateau =/= Proto-Indo-Iranian
>>
>>1790253
I'm just trying to create a Tripartite Pan-Iranian rhetoric, so that when I become king and force the entire world to convert to Zoroastrianism, everyone can feel a sense of belonging to it.
>>
>>1790246
Sintashta people were all over Eurasia, primarily around the Urals where the Andronovo people in turn would arise from. They are not a "Baltic" or European people specifically per say.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.