[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Nietzsche embrace the modern rock/metal and EDM(techno,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 48d9818015091071bb53aab803a19c10.jpg (139KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
48d9818015091071bb53aab803a19c10.jpg
139KB, 1130x1600px
Would Nietzsche embrace the modern rock/metal and EDM(techno, dnb etc) scenes as healthy Dionysian elements in our culture and way of life or would he thinks that it's too tasteless or maybe too Dionysian?
>>
>>1789017
>modern rock/metal
Rock and metal are dead. Kanye killed them. And now the world is a darker place without them.
>>
>>1789021
>giving a shit what goes on in the mainstream

Pleb.
>>
>>1789021
>Kanye

????
>>
>>1789021
>Kanye killed them
Did he personally killed every single preformed?
Is the finnish band I'm listening right now already dead?
>>
>>1789021
Kanye can't do that, killing people is illegal!
>>
Who knows what he'd think. They might just sound like noise to him.
>>
>>1789021
>How to spot posts from Reddit 101
>>
>>1789017
There's no way anyone can really answer that. But if he still lived during his time, and then suddenly had access to our time period, maybe he would see it as the abortive, yet ultimate conclusion to Wagnerian music — tastelessly loud and gaudy for the sake of putting on a show that attracts the naive and impressionable, and full of pretentious degenerates.
>>
The one part of Birth of tragedy that confused me was where he attributes rhythmic pulsing of repetitive beats to the Apollonian sphere. N. Would have called EDM itself Appollonian, but the actual experience of a rave strikes one as obviously Dionysian. Nice balance. N would approve.
>>
>>1789021
>Blaming Kanye and not the corporate Pitchfork hipster culture that permeates modern music
How To Spot A Retard
>>
>>1789043
>>1789046
>>1789063
>>1789078
>>1789130
>>1789685
>rock-hating peasants
Rock music is the greatest genre in creation.
>>
>>1789017
That's not Nietzsche
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whtiMSFAbOk
>>
>>1790354
most of those comments do not even warrant the response you gave. a u t i s t
>>
File: drakeFedora.jpg (30KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
drakeFedora.jpg
30KB, 600x721px
>>1790354
>>
All modern music would sound shockingly primitive for 19th century people used to classical music.
>>
>>1789017
He'd listen exclusively to outsider house and industrial techno and and always repeat that house, dnb and techno aren't EDM and that EDM is a marketing therm invented by american capitalism.
>>
>>1790354
The fuck?
You think Kanye is patrician shit?
>>
Guillame Faye said something along the lines of "Rock&roll will never die". Gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>1789017
That guy looks like a composite made from half of two people's faces
>>
He'd see the rise of USA culture in general as a cruder yet more virile growth out of the decaying European culture. In the same way the early Romans absorbed the expiring Greeks.

USA music is more healthy since it manages to avoid all the pitfalls of Wagnerian music (anti-natural rhythms, harmony, and melody) but it is essentially a compromised variation on music. Pop is to music what film is to drama: the hopelessly immature but ultimately more immersive and pregnant form.

Nietzsche would embrace them as extra-musical forms of music, a healthier but much dumber plant coming out of Wagner's degenerate soil.
>>
>>1789017
I imagine Nietzsche lying on his bed, listening to Goofy singing"Wake me up inside".
>>
>>1790354
I personally like stick-hitting-hollow-log
>>
File: Ghost2015.jpg (60KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost2015.jpg
60KB, 630x420px
>>1789021
>Rock and metal are dead
Shut up, dad. Ghost is getting pretty popular.
>>
>>1789017

i would love to see a before and after of the works of every major philosopher upon their discovery and ingestions of:

* LSD
* MDMA
* Amphetamines
* Cocaine

except, you know, for those who had already discovered any of the above.

>ywn flail around a dance floor in a speed-frenzy, gurning like a retard while a loved up, swivel eyed Nietzsche goes full dancing robot dressed in a dayglo jumpsuit with a dummy in his mouth, while listening to shitty happy hardcore.

why live?
>>
>>1789017
I think he would just accept it IMO.
Because he didn't really give a shit.
You like what you like. They like what they like.
>>
>>1796723
I think he would be astonished by Jazz, probably rock/metal wouldn't dig him because the lyrics wouldn't speak to him, rock music, from its origins in the blues, passing through Woodstock until alternative events of today like Wacken are too vocal of a protests, it is a brutish expression for shallow minded people, in other words, art for the cattle. He would hate it imo.
>>
>>1796723
>>1798358
sorry, didn't meant it for you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.