[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Louisiana like at the time of the purchase? What if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1466890458026.png (177KB, 310x308px) Image search: [Google]
1466890458026.png
177KB, 310x308px
What was Louisiana like at the time of the purchase? What if Napo never sold it?

>inb4 pic related
>>
>>1786986

I can't imagine France holding onto it if the U.S. really wanted to take it. Sure, France was a far greater power than the U.S. in the early 19th century, but their ability to project power across the Atlantic would have been far less, and I doubt they'd be able to stop people from just moving west, settling, and claiming it for America even if they did somehow win a war.
>>
>>1787001
In the US had attacked French territory, it could have resulted in them ceasing to exist
Imagine if France and Britain made a truth just to erase the US from the map
>>
>>1787874
>In the US had attacked French territory, it could have resulted in them ceasing to exist
France couldn't beat the Dominican Republic, or Haiti.
>>
>>1787931
Because France was at war with all Europe
The US are a different matter
Britain didnt give a shit about Haiti, but they were butthurt enough about the US to seize any occasion to retrieve them.
Had the US attacked France, Britain could easily have negociated a truth in Europe and team up with France to conquer the US
>>
>>1787874
>>1787949
I think you mean *truce
>>
>>1787949

And it wasn't during the timeframe of the Louisiana purchase?

>Britain didnt give a shit about Haiti, but they were butthurt enough about the US to seize any occasion to retrieve them.

[citation needed]
>>
At the time of purchase, it was mostly empty land, and I'm pretty sure a good portion of it was unexplored.

Besides the actual modern day Louisiana area, there were not a lot of French settlers to be found. Most of the land would be settled far down the line during muh manifest destiny.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.