[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are sociopaths born or made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: i.jpg (17KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
17KB, 750x422px
Are sociopaths born or made?
>>
>>1785107
lil bit of both
>>
>>1785107
yeah
>>
>>1785107
Bad parenting.
>>
It's because of brain damage, which happens due to this >>1785173
>>
>>1785112
Its actually just made fuckboy.
>>
There are biological predispositions such as the infamous MAOA warrior gene however the epigenetic environmental interaction will sway randomly.
>>
>>1785226
genes matter you troglodyte
>>
ask psychologists
>>
>>1785173
Correlation != causation.
>>
muh leaded gasoline
>>
>>1785173
I still remember when i didn't want to hurt the chickens in the farm, so my dad clubbed the sides of my head until i didn't feel ashamed for making the poor things squak any more
>>
>>1785760
What'd he hit you with? Also have you considered raping him?
>>
>>1785231
>equaling anti-social behavior with physical aggression
>bringing up the epigenetic boogeyman
Sociopathy is literally a spook made up to describe anti-social behavior. In the same way a lot of mental """"illnesses"""" are made up to brand behavior that deviates from the norm.

When you're socialized to function in Western society and then put in some native Brazilian jungle tribe that constantly is in bloody wars with other tribes your behavior will be anti-social and you might be killed off really quick because of it. At the same time if you were a blood-thirsty and aggressive brute who starts fights with everyone all the time, you might fit in there perfectly, yet back here you would be diagnosed as sociopath.
That's why there is no way of ever finding a "sociopath" gene.

The MAOA gene was correlated with aggression and violence, but whether acting them out or not is considered anti-social or gets diagnosed as sociopathy is 100% culturally determined.
Sociopaths cannot be born.
>>
iirc people can be genetically predisposed to aspd (the actual disorder) but it's a combination of things
>>
Clinical sociopaths are born this way. People casually called sociopaths are usually not sociopaths at all.
>>
>>1785816
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>1785834
no u
>>
>>1785816
>some native Brazilian jungle tribe that constantly is in bloody wars with other tribes
>a western projection with no basis in reality
>>
>>1785846
>who are the Yanomami
>>
>>1785107

neither really, its caused by drugs like weed, anti-depressants, alcohol,prescription stimulants and especially drugs like coke or ice. Maybe not coke so much as drugs like adderall and meth. Acid also turned the manson family psychopathic but that was due to brainwashing as well. I know batches like orange sunshine have made people violent without brainwashing though
>>
>>1785816

shouldnt MAOI or whatever be common in northern europe?
>>
>>1785816
>Ted Bundy kills perhaps 100 women and fucks their corpses
>"simply behavior that deviates from the norm"
>>
>>1785854

>neither really, its caused by drugs like weed, anti-depressants, alcohol,prescription stimulants and especially drugs like coke or ice. Maybe not coke so much as drugs like adderall and meth. Acid also turned the manson family psychopathic but that was due to brainwashing as well. I know batches like orange sunshine have made people violent without brainwashing though

Then explain why people were sociopaths in ancient times when drug use wasn't prevalent as it is now.
>>
File: 1407487522939.gif (2MB, 313x226px) Image search: [Google]
1407487522939.gif
2MB, 313x226px
Anti-social disorder is genetic.

Which should make you pause, because it means women have their children, since psychopaths still exist.
>>
>>1785907

drug use has always been prevalent, but in the past peoples environments shaped them to be brutal, they were not however anti-social within their own communities .

Some level of aspd in individuals is highly common, its more rare to be at or near the opppsite end of the spectrym. Thats when people remark when someobe is "nice" or "genuine"
>>
>>1785922

*thats why people remark when someone is nice or genuine should say.
>>
10% genetic 90% parenting

t. actual psychologist
>>
>>1785816
this person is also retarded

t. again psychology
>>
>>1785986
>10% genetic 90% parenting

Bullshit. More like 90% genetic and 10% parenting.
>>
Psychopaths born, sociopaths made.
>>
>>1785107

psychopaths are born

they may or may not turn in to sociopaths

however the majority of sociopaths are psychopaths as well
>>
>>1785112
Fpbp.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.