[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 17

What do you think's the dumbest thing you've read browsing /his/?
>>
Nordicism
>>
>>1784809
>What do you think's the dumbest thing you've read browsing /his/?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>1784809
Romans were not non-germainc.
>>
A defence of Anarcho-Captialism
>>
>>1784809
Democracy is the source of all violence.
>>
spooks. lots and lots and lots of spooks all over the fucking board, disrupting most conversations.
>>
>>1784809

There's a lot to choose from. But offhand, the one that's annoyed me the most with it's stupidity is how I once stepped into one of these discussions about would Stalin have attacked Germany in and around the WW2 timeframe had Germany not attacked.

And there were all sorts of ideologues bouncing all around that weren't interested in any sort of analysis at all. I got people either angrily decrying, or worse, confusedly questioning an analysis from Stalin's point of view as to likely costs and benefits of attacking neighbors. No, it was either he's a good boi, he dindu nuffin, or he's evil incarnate and out to attack the entire world to make a worldwide communist state.. Anything in between is just unthinkable.

It also got me called both a commie shill and a Naziboo, since I managed to offend both ends of the idiot brigade.
>>
>>1784809
meta threads
>>
Boat speed
>>
>>1784809
everything MW says
>>
>>1784846
this

take that shit to /qa/
>>
>>1784857
MW?
>>
>>1784882
Melanin Warrior. A black nationalist tripfag who thinks white people are subhuman and black people are melanin enriched gods.
>>
>>1784893
Does he still post?
>>
Not related to this thread but it's getting posts so hopefully someone will reply:
Where's the best place to learn RELIABLE, ACCURATE history? Is university the only place? Will just reading books do? I kind of want to learn it but I'm already studying and don't want to be assessed on what would basically be a hobby interest (though I do feel assessment and critical review is a key aspect of learning)
>>
>>1784902
He posted just last week IIRC.
>>
>>1784902
The archive shows all his recent posts were deleted. He probably got banned.
>>
>>1784904
Reading decent, up-to-date books is an effective way to learn, but university helps teach you how to find and weigh up sources which are harder to learn on your own. Good books usually draw attention to debates over interpretation in the main body or in footnotes.
>>
>>1784938
>but university helps teach you how to find and weigh up sources which are harder to learn on your own
I suppose there's more to it, but most university courses will teach you the importance of peer-review and empirical evidence vs anecdotal of just pure shit. But I assume that history (especially ancient history) would be very reliant on anecdotes and small scale evidence (such as a single exhibit), right?
>>
>>1784809
Nothing is going to top the guy who genuinely thought it would take you years to sail from Europe to Sardinia, and that Sardinia was unknown to Europeans in the Middle Ages.
>>
>>1784957
Well, I mean, it took that dumbfuck Odysseus 10 years to get home from a short distance.
>Implying you can hold years worth of food for a single trip to Sardinia.
>Implying you're retarded enough to pass by and miss it the whole time.
>>
>>1784904
A university education is best because a university education challenges you and lets you know when you're doing something wrong. Same as self-education in a lot of fields, it's not so much the problem of what you can learn on your own, as what you don't know you don't know. You have to be vigilant against creating your own echo chamber.

Also, it may actually be pretty expensive, depending on where you are. If you want reliable, accurate history, the only source is University...publishing. Way more important than the lectures. Do not buy the most popular and recommended books on most subjects, unless you're doing metahistory. These books aren't neccesarily terrible, but they are hitting the lowest common denominator. An especially common technique is to (badly) summarize stuff already figured out by previous academics that plebs don't know about, and present it as genuinely novel (See: Jared Diamond, Nial Ferguson).

Look for University Publishing companies. Look for Authors who have PhDs, preferably ones who don't write for mass market. Whenever you pick up a book, look at the inside cover. If it's a journalist, or a 'historian' and it doesn't say where they teach, move on, until you've got enough experience with real history to sort out a text that probably is subpar.
>>
>>1784951
>I assume that history (especially ancient history) would be very reliant on anecdotes and small scale evidence (such as a single exhibit), right?

Yes, but especially for Greek and Roman history, historians have gone beyond using mainly the surviving ancient historical texts to include archaeological and epigraphic evidence. And they're usually reluctant to generalize based on one or two pieces of evidence.
>>
That paganism was common in Europe in the 17th century.
>>
>>1784809
greeks are nordic
>>
>>1784809
"the USSR liberated Europe"
>>
>>1784978
Uni is somewhat affordable in Australia, but I think it'd be wasted money as it presents no marketable skill when only taken 1-2 subjects per semester.
Maybe a retirement idea
>>
"Did the Roman Empire invent the wheel?"
>>
>>1784809
a defence of the cultural revolution and the great leap forward
>>
Everything Christcucks post on here is by default really dumb. I guess that's what happens when you start with a conclusion and try to adapt reality to it
>>
Finno Korean hyper war is one of the dumbest and funniest things I've ever seen
>>
>>1785540
the great leap forward made sense for sustainability purposes.

>m-muh morals!
spooks.
>>
>>1785649
>muh industrialization
>muh communism
spooks
>>
>>1785548
le tip fedora maymay XD
checkmate atheist
>>
pretty much all Stirnerfags
>>
File: Alt history balkanus maximus.png (439KB, 2100x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Alt history balkanus maximus.png
439KB, 2100x1525px
>>1785554
This. The finno-korean hyperwar is the best meme I came across
>>
Some anon once wrote that the USSR stood for "United States of Soviet Russia"
>>
>>1785911
/thread
>>
Any of the really religious threads. Not "I believe in God lol" but actually sincerely arguing a point by citing bible quotes or saying stuff like X couldn't have possibly have done that thing because Christians are righteous by commandment and X was a Christian. But I don't normally read them since that's not my thing.

>>1785911
Also this. What's the point? They just spam that buzzword all day everyday - for years.
>>
>>1785554
>funniest
You have a shit sense of humor.
>>
>>1785554
I prefer Finno-Korean future war.
>>
>>1784893
that's pretty obviously some white college kid trolling everybody
>>
>>1784809
>What do you think's the dumbest thing you've read browsing /his/?
I saw someone using a tripcode even when it wasn't necessary to the thread
>>
>>1784809
everything that t*rk tripfag posted. thank god he's gone now
>>
>>1784809
Whenever a Polack derails a thread about German history.
>>
>>1786186
This, you can't talk about the German empire without "muh grossgermanium xdddd" about the HRE without every single fucking post being

>H

>R

>E
>>
File: 1472944861445.png (212KB, 497x272px) Image search: [Google]
1472944861445.png
212KB, 497x272px
Somebody who insisted that "night" is determined by the hour. That the sun was still in the sky was irrelevant; if it was 10 PM that means it is night.
>>
>>1786294
how is that wrong? some really northern parts of my county have daylight for 24 hours during the summer and parts of the winter the sun never goes up.
>>
The most retarded thing is probably people arguing who the successor of the byzantine empire is.
>>
File: voltaire.png (1009KB, 760x920px) Image search: [Google]
voltaire.png
1009KB, 760x920px
>>1786291
>>
File: 1455386713973.png (282KB, 317x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1455386713973.png
282KB, 317x1442px
>>1785554
There is nothing to laugh about hyper history.
>>
Every thread about what race some person or people were.
>>
>>1786901
This
>>
>>1784809
anything implying that Christianity is definitely true
>>
>>1784809
Swords were more viable than spears in the majority of circumstances
>>
>>1784809
"Sardinia and Corsica wasn't inhabited until the age of discovery"
>>
>>1784809

That stone age cave paintings, Roman mosaics and medieval manuscript illustrations were all pre-Raphaelite artwork. And that pre-Raphaelite artwork were actual medieval paintings from the 14th century.

Obviously the anon thought it meant any art that came before Raphael.
>>
File: kek duck.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
kek duck.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>1784809
Some stupid fuck was trying to convince me in a thread recently that the Normans at the time they invaded England were almost 100% genetically French because Rollo had a French mother or some shit.
>>
File: remove greek.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
remove greek.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>Turks are not Turkic
>>
>>1784970
>Odysseus

Seriously ?
>>
>>1789005
They were, but mostly because they got married to frenchmen and women, maybe not Rollo, but it could be argued the normans weren't genetically normans, like the gauls had been with the romans
>>
>>1786862
Because he was insisting that because it was "nighttime" this meant that attacks were made using night-fighting radar.

When the target was still lit by the sun.
>>
Anyone got that Constantine screencap where he claims that the Buddhists stole the concept of meditation from Christians? I think that takes the cake for me.
>>
>>1789213

I'd much prefer the screencap where he claims that Jesus was born from anal sex, or the one where he claimed that prior to Christianity, people didn't feel remorse.
>>
>>1784809
>[socio-economic ideology] works
>implying
>>
>>1784809
greeks and romans were nordics, holocaust is real and races doesn't exist
>>
>>1789244
The anal sex thing likely wasn't him.
>>
>>1789244
anal sex thing wasn't him, the trip was different. still I'll bring it up if he posts with a trip here again
>>
>>1789186
>Homeric poetry is fiction
There's another one right in this very thread!
>>
>>1784809
Someone said that wheels didn't exist in 50 A.D.
>>
The stupidest claim I've heard is that /pol/ doesn't infest this board.
>>
All those theology threads, when the true patrician's choice of religious opinion is that of agnostic atheism. I understand why atheists are a meme because of the autistics who care too much about it, but theism is the true meme ideology. Those fucking threads like "Thomas aquinas proposed blah blah divinity blah blah and therefore protestants are the bad guys!" "But m-muh 95 theses! Surely catholics and orthodox cannot compete" Faggots, the lot of them.
>>
>>1784809
Every racebait thread ever.
>>
A white person with black hair isn't actually white
>>
>the CCP didn't unify China
>>
>>1786294
I argued for about 3 hours with someone over what constituted "night" and "day".
>>
>Communism works
>>
>>1784842
Well that is what Stalin became for the extent of his powers. I don't think there is a doubt that Russians don't and haven't stopped arming since the start of their days
>>
File: IMG_2968.jpg (27KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2968.jpg
27KB, 221x228px
>>1785649
>sustainability
Nigga you just went full retard. The cultural revolution and great leap forward didn't yield any progress whatsoever, it severely damaged China's economy and effectively halted all progress in the country.
>>
File: septecimea Hitler.jpg (276KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
septecimea Hitler.jpg
276KB, 474x720px
>>1784809

Every second user banging on about 'Historical revisionism' as some big sjw boogyman is probably the worst since its so widespread. literally shows that most people here know fuck all about history and historiography
>>
>>1784809
Stalin was bad.
>>
>>1784809
Communism
>>
At 1066 they weren't even close to 100% genetically French on average. A lot of French people aren't even 100% genetically French today and you're saying the Normans only about 150 years after invading Northern France were already 100% French?

The Normans by that stage were collectively maybe 20% French at most. Culturally they had become very French but still had their own localized quirks. Genetically on 1066, not very French though.
>>
One guy who genuinely believed Japan invented most things that are actually from China
>>
>>1790355
>genetically
How do I become genetically french?
>>
>>1786060
t. MW
>>
>>1790357

This is really common between Chinese, Korean and Japanese historians they have /pol/ tier arguments over artifacts and deny any kind of evidence that suggests innovations may have came from another asian country. Its really fucking retarded how intense it gets
>>
>>1790359
How do you become genetically anything? By having similar DNA to a particular ethnic group. Sure admixtures vary, but genetic science can usually tell relatively specifically where someone is from.
>>
>>1789203
>>1790355
>>
>>1790355
There's no such thing as "genetically French", you dumbass. Being French was always much more of a cultural thing than an ethnic one.

You adopt French culture, and you become French. That's what happened to the Gallo-Romans, Occitans, Corsicans, Bretons, Franks, and yes, Normans.
>>
File: 1473243742240.jpg (878KB, 1280x2021px) Image search: [Google]
1473243742240.jpg
878KB, 1280x2021px
>>1790355
>>
>>1785905
Point and case
>>
File: angry bull.jpg (31KB, 365x352px) Image search: [Google]
angry bull.jpg
31KB, 365x352px
>>1790487
Hello there retard.
I'm well aware that there isn't necessarily such thing as "genetically French". What I'm saying is the Normans were at the time of 1066 of mainly Scandinavian stock. The average Scandinavian is genetically distinct from the average Frenchman and while France especially back then was made up of many different ethnic groups they were all more similar to each other than they were to Scandinavian Normans.

Got it?
>>
File: Gerard.jpg (24KB, 460x276px)
Gerard.jpg
24KB, 460x276px
>>1790500
They spoke French, took French names, answered to the French King, took the French God, and started diluting their "Scandinavian stock" with French women.

Your denial is pathetic, they were French.
>>
File: viking monk rekt.jpg (21KB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
viking monk rekt.jpg
21KB, 406x300px
>>1790502
I was never debating whether they were culturally French or their stock had started being diluted. I never made either assertion. To make it very clear:

I NEVER ARGUED FOR EITHER OF THOSE THINGS RETARD

By 1066 they had adopted French culture pretty comprehensively. They had become genetically diluted but they were still a lot more genetically Scandinavian than they were Western European.

Hope that made it a bit clearer for you. Now kys
>>
File: 065ca76c_queen32.xxxlarge_2x.jpg (526KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
065ca76c_queen32.xxxlarge_2x.jpg
526KB, 2048x1366px
>>1790504
Lad, you're the retard who keeps bringing up the fucking percentage of "French blood" they had.

The whole point is that doesn't fucking matter, there's no such thing as "French blood", and them being genetically closer to Scandinavians than the average Frenchman was.

Just look at William the Conqueror's lineage for fuck's sake. Mother wasn't Norman, paternal grandmother wasn't Norman, patrileneal great-great grandmother wasn't Norman. Calling him "Scandinavian stock" is as fucking braindead as calling Elizabeth Warren a Native American.
>>
>>1790355
>The Normans by that stage were collectively maybe 20% French at most.
Unless they brought their own women (which they didn't) they couldn't possibly be less than 50% french. More likely after a few generations they've been like 70% french.
>>
>people who take Lindybeige as absolute fact

>people who only see Lindybeiges ridiculous, deliberately controversial video title, don't bother to watch the video but still run off to /his/ to say how stupid he is

>people who think that Battle of the Nations is exactly what a medieval battle was like and that it can tell us things about actual medieval combat
>>
>>1790504
When you're speaking with someone who doesn't want to hear, no amount of reason will help.
>>
>>1790504
>why yes, I do believe murdering unarmed monks counts as conquest
>>
File: 1449289656047.png (19KB, 211x208px) Image search: [Google]
1449289656047.png
19KB, 211x208px
>>1784809
Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING that comes from any of the fucking Turkish tripfags. I swear to God...
>>
>>1790537

>That fucking preachy video he made about soldiers refusing to shoot a person and that something like 1/4 of Soldiers in ww2 shot at someone

Really fucking awful God knows how he can study history and not believe that normal Humans are capable of killing one another if given a reason. Its based on some long discredited study by a guy who overexaggerated his military career too. There was also subtle anti-military beliefs in there since he said that the only people who can shoot someone are psychopaths. Hes pretty awful
>>
>>1790599
He doesn't study history, he's a dance instructor.
>>
>>1790617
That explains why he's so hot.
>>
>>1790617

He has a Masters in Archaeology, not that it really means anything other than he has ADVANCED hole digging and grant application skills.
>>
>>1790599
>Its based on some long discredited study by a guy who overexaggerated his military career too.
Whom do you mean?
>>
>>1790651

S.L.A Marshall. its worth googling him. It seems like he just lied about seeing combat and his interviews with veterans and his statistical work were bullshit. his work 'Men against Fire' (that Lindy quotes) been known as false since the 80s i believe. It shows he doesnt even do basic research not even google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.L.A._Marshall#Controversy_after_death
>>
>>1790660
That relieves me a bit. I thought you meant Dave Grossman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Grossman_(author) ), whom I got recommended a work about something I was interested in. But now that I read about Grossman, he seems like the same kind of guy like S.L.A. Marshall is (awful or no methodology). A pity, because I liked the results.
>>
>>1790660
>>1790675
Welp...:
>The book is based on SLA Marshall's studies from World War II, [...]

So much for that.
>>
>>1790675

>Dave Grossman

I do think Grossman uses Marshall's research i think. Im not too knowledgeable on him though i remember being told that he used it.

>>1790681

Its probably still worth a read though.
>>
>English is a romance language
>>
File: mio.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
mio.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>1790624
>That explains why he's so hot.
ewww
>>
probably the threads where Europeans fight about history and get real emotionally invested.
>>
Any post where a religious person feels the need to write a wall of text denying some common knowledge like the world's age or evolution.
>>
>>1784809
> > >
those faggots need to read a book sometimes

>>1784970
>implying Odysseus didn't spend most of time by banging witches
>>
>>1785911
I'd say those who don't understand him in general. Dumb stirnerites who unironically idolize everything he says obviously included, but also people who get triggered and minimalize him by saying senseless shit like "Ego is a spok xD" or "SP00ks are a SP00K wow dum stirner kek".

Also, the same applies to Zizek.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.