[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Islam and Religious Tolerance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4

File: u3_aallll.jpg (367KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
u3_aallll.jpg
367KB, 950x950px
Muslim accept Christ as a prophet.
>He (Iesus) said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. (19:30, Yusif Ali)

As a prophet, he has just as much influence on Islam as Muhammed.
> When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute:therefore fear Allah and obey me.(43:63, Yusif Ali)

"Obey me" could be "worship me", but in this context it means "listen to what I say and do as I say"
> You have heard that it was said to the ancients, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' (Gospel quote)

Christ says "Do not murder, murder will cause a judgment upon the soul", so Muslims, who accept Iesus as a prophet, will listen to and hear this revelation from Iesus. Those who oppose this, are not Muslim, for they have walked away from Iesus and his revelation.
>>
>>1784260
Lol. It's literally a bible rip off.

Why would you read this shit?
>>
Proverbs 29:22An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins.
>>
>"ALLAH is HE besides Whom there is none worthy of worship, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. HE has sent down to thee the Book containing the truth and fulfilling that which precedes it; and HE has sent down the Torah (Law of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guidance to the people; and HE has sent down the Discrimination (judgement between right and wrong)."—Qur'an, Surah 3:3-4

Most Muslims, Christians, Jews, or Eastern religions, in real life are more understanding and tolerant than the internet makes people out to be.

Read more at:http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/quran-jesus.html
>>
>>1784293
But if that's so then how else am I going to be an enlightened and euphoric gentlesir?
>>
>>1784260
Lol at those speaking for God.

Christians will be the only ones who are saved.
You always have a way back to him.
>>
But Jesus isn't a prophet, he's God incarnate. Muslims always have a problem with that one.
>>
>>1784341
God does not care to convince non-believers.
>>
"Thereupon she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' Jesus said, 'I am a servant of ALLAH. HE has given me the Book, and has made me a Prophet; 'And HE has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me Prayer and almsgiving so long as I live; 'And HE has made me dutiful towards my mother, and has not made me arrogant and graceless; 'And peace was on me the day I was born, and peace will be on me the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.' That was Jesus, son of Mary. This is a statement of the truth concerning which they entertain

Read more at:http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/quran-jesus.html
>>
>>1784341
Muhammed does not deny Him being a prophet and does not deny His being as the Messiah.

>"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."
>>
>>1784375
You believe these lies? You have no place to go but up. :)
>>
>>1784380
>No one comes to the Father except through me.
>Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say 'Show us the Father'?
>>
>>1784332
All of Abraham's offspring becomes a great nation.
>“I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing: and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

> for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Everyone who call on the Lord is saved.
>>
>>1784394
You are right.
All will be saved.
I am sorry.
>>
File: 1475362882725.jpg (67KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475362882725.jpg
67KB, 850x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uem_0GQP-zY
>>
File: 1475147986901.jpg (150KB, 840x746px) Image search: [Google]
1475147986901.jpg
150KB, 840x746px
>Islamic_afterlife.jpg
A man was killed for illustrating the teachings of Islam.
>>
>>1784382
>Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

>>1784391
We all go through Jesus to the Father. There are many ways to interpret ;

>No one comes to the Father except through me. Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say 'Show us the Father'?

Basically it isn't "join a church and be christian" it is "see the Son to know the Father" hear the Son to understand the Father.

In Islam it is "Allah and His Messenger" with the exception they do not worship Jesus as God , neither do they worship Muhammed as a God
>>
>>1784401
No one is right. Only God.
>>
>>1784271
>Implying the Bible is 100% original itself
wew
>>
File: 1475147310376.jpg (424KB, 1232x1229px)
1475147310376.jpg
424KB, 1232x1229px
>>1784394
That was said prior to God choosing Abraham, and definately prior to him going to sleep with Hagar. It does not apply to Hagarites (Muslims) whatsoever.
Why should a Muslim believe that passage anyway if they believe the Torah is corrupted?
>>
>>1784430
Hagar still continues the lineage of Abraham as does Sarah.

Every religion has a corrupted piece to it, it isn't like every Muslim is like "oh the Torah, yeah too bad it is corrupted" rather they could just simple talk about "oh the Torah, yes the words of Moses and salvation of the Isrealites"
>>
>>1784430
Funny thing, I saw the pencil case in an office depot the other day, being sold as a pencil case.
>>
>>1784441
You ignore my point that contextually, that passage doesn't apply to Muslims. A few passages later in Genesis however, does, when saying that Ishmael and his offspring will be like wild asses and be hostile towards their brethren.
>>
>>1784453
Yes it does. Abraham is promised that his offspring will be like the stars.

Also:

>But I will also make a nation of the descendants of Hagar's son because he is your son, too."

In the Bible, God tells Abraham's seed, through Ishmael will also be made a nation.
>>
>>1784445
>pencil case in an office depot the other day, being sold as a pencil case.
That's very exciting.
>>
>>1784473
It was before God's pact with Abraham, he was still called Abrahm. It doesn't apply to you, period. Not only is this the Christian understanding, but all Jews as well.
Mohammed is a false prophet. Deal with it.
>>
>>1784678
Abrahm is now Abraham in CH17 in Genesis. God makes the promise to Abraham in CH21.
Abraham and Abrahm, are the same person.

>But God told Abraham, "Do not be upset over the boy and your servant. Do whatever Sarah tells you, for Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted.

>But I will also make a nation of the descendants of Hagar's son because he is your son, too."

>the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the Desert of Beersheba.
>>
Good morning!
>>
>>1784394

>Everyone who call on the Lord is saved.

Nope. You can pray and believe but if you don't truly devout on God, you aren't saved.

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Matthew 15:8
>>
>>1784260
>muslims promoting a big heresy
Is this supposed to be a selling point for Muhamad?
>>
>>1786775
Christians aren't the only people who call on the Lord and aren't saved but God is mercy, and shows us how we only tall to Him with out lips, and shows us how to be with Him in the heart.
>>
>>1784394
People who call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ are christians.

All christians will be saved.

All devout muslims will go to hell for not calling on the name of God, Jesus Christ, Elohim, for salvation.

The muslims say Jesus is only a prophet, only a man, did not die, did not get crucified, did not rise from the dead, it only seemed so because "allah" is a trickster, a deceiver, a plotter and a planner.

In christianity, that entity is the devil.
>>
>>1784762
The child of the handmaiden does not inherit the Kingdom.

He has his own prophecies to keep, numbers to swell, and is a wild braying ass even in the house of his brothers. His end is hell.
>>
>>1784260

Matthew 7:15

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Reject false prophets! It is not too late to save yourself from the fires of hell!
>>
>>1787426
Yup.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Mohammad is accursed, and the arabs are, and always have been, Ba'al worshipers.
>>
>>1787402
You can not be Muslim without accepting Jesus.

Not all Christians have the same view from the Middle Ages. They literally have a slightly different view.

>>1787408
Christians are not allowed to say who goes where in the afterlife. Only God. God made the promise to Abraham and Hagar and Sarah, that through his sons, they will be made into nations. According to the Quran and the OT, this is true and still is fulfilled because Islam and Judaism
>>
>>1787426
Christians can also be false prophets. It isn't hard to just use a bible verse to defend yourself, but no one is attacking.

>>1787433
Would you rather Arab be filled with Pagans or Muslims?

Everyone uses that verse from Paul, but I doubt that it is understood. Muhammed says to follow the Torah and the Gospel.
>>
>>1787443
No muslim accepts Jesus Christ as their God, Lord and Savior.

Because then they would not be a muslim; they'd be a Christian.

Christians are absolutely told how to tell people to get to the afterlife. We are absolutely told what the criteria is, and we are ordered to share it with people who are lost.

Like muslims.
>>
>>1787460
There's no difference to the Kingdom of God if Arabs are pagans with 360 gods or pagans with only one of those pagan gods, Hubal.

Hubal never left the kaaba. He is the pagan god of Mohammad's father.
>>
>>1787488
You know every religions has messengers and promises of salvation, even before Christ. Islam is another branch of Christianity.
>>
>>1787498
It was a yes or no question. Would you rather have Muhammed convert people to monotheism or have Arabia be Pagan?
>>
>>1787499
While Islam is a cult off of Christianity, the fact that the devil has counterfeited pagan religions since the time of Cain is immaterial to the fact that Jesus rose from the dead.

In actuality. Not in a myth.
>>
How could that be when Jesus is European and Muhammad is a sandnigger?
>>
>>1787505
There was no such change.

They went from pagans worshiping Hubal + 359 other pagan gods to pagans worshiping just Hubal.
>>
>>1787508
Jesus didn't exist my man. Sorry to burst your bubble
>>
>>1787519
You're free to believe as you choose; you're just not free from the consequences of your beliefs. I think if you took the time to do ANY research, you would find that your position is an untenable one, and held only by internet trolls.
>>
>>1787528
Even if there is proof Jesus existed, there is none to support the claims of his disciples that he did miracles.

Why would God leave behind a questionable book, that Christians barely adhere to anymore mind you, supported with no evidence, as our only route to salvation? Is God just a sadist?
>>
>>1787540
There is, actually. I'll show you a summary of what you can know about Jesus (were you not in open rebellion against God) from purely extra-biblical sources only:

Jesus was born and lived in Palestine. He was born, supposedly, to a virgin and had an earthly father who was a carpenter. He was a teacher who taught that through repentance and belief, all followers would become brothers and sisters. He led the Jews away from their beliefs. He was a wise man who claimed to be God and the Messiah. He had unusual magical powers and performed miraculous deeds. He healed the lame. He accurately predicted the future. He was persecuted by the Jews for what He said, betrayed by Judah Iskarioto. He was beaten with rods, forced to drink vinegar and wear a crown of thorns. He was crucified on the eve of the Passover and this crucifixion occurred under the direction of Pontius Pilate, during the time of Tiberius. On the day of His crucifixion, the sky grew dark and there was an earthquake. Afterward, He was buried in a tomb and the tomb was later found to be empty. He appeared to His disciples resurrected from the grave and showed them His wounds. These disciples then told others Jesus was resurrected and ascended into heaven. Jesus’ disciples and followers upheld a high moral code. One of them was named Matthai. The disciples were also persecuted for their faith but were martyred without changing their claims. They met regularly to worship Jesus, even after His death.

http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/is-there-any-evidence-for-jesus-outside-the-bible/
>>
>>1787508
Where is this "fact" that Satan was like "Islam"

>>1787518
Allah is the one God. Not Hubal.

>>1787519
Yes he does.
>>
>>1787556
>coldcasechristianity
And my rebuttal is this equally credible Washington Post article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/18/did-historical-jesus-exist-the-traditional-evidence-doesnt-hold-up/?utm_term=.c080cfa74251
>>
>>1787560
Allah is Hubal.

Hubal, or HaBaal, is the Ba'al of the Moabites.
>>
>>1787577
Citing Bart Ehrman?

Here's some Bart Ehrman quotes:

“Despite the enormous range of opinion, there are several points on which virtually all scholars of antiquity agree. Jesus was a Jewish man, known to be a preacher and teacher, who was crucified (a Roman form of execution) in Jerusalem during the reign of the Roman emperor Tiberius, when Pontius Pilate was the governor of Judea”

“It is fair to say that mythicists as a group, and as individuals, are not taken seriously by the vast majority of scholars in the field of New Testament, early Christianity, ancient history, and theology”

"The idea that Jesus did not exist is a modern notion. It has no ancient precedents. It was made up in the eighteenth century. One might as well call it a modern myth, the myth of the mythical Jesus"

“One could argue as well that Jesus is the most important person in the history of the West, looked at from a historical, social, or cultural perspective, quite apart from his religious significance”
>>
>>1787612
Allah is not Hubal.

Hubal is Hubal.

Allah is the same God of the Christians and the Jews, but all three of these religions do not see it. Allah is the name for the eternal, formless, all being God. Adonai is the same, eternal, formless, all being God. Abba, the Father is the name for the eternal all being God. Siva is the name for the eternal all being formless God. Vishnu is the same, eternal, formless, all benevolent, true one eternal God.

They all have the same meaning, "we worship the source we come from"
>>
It says Jesus is a prophet, though not the son of God. They also believe Christians and Jews corrupted their texts and lie and trick the Muslims even though they know the truth that they corrupted the Bible and Torah.

The only reason Jews and Nazarenes weren't slaughtered wholesale was because they still believed in the same God. And because you need some people to tax to fund jihad
>>
>>1787625
Did you read the article? The writer wasn't Bart Ehrman, it merely references his (poor) attempt at proving the Jesus described in the Bible existed.
>>
>>1787632
Completely, utterly, and totally incorrect.

1 John 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

To the muslims, Jesus is just a man, just a prophet, and while they call him messiah, the meaning is only "leader", and that to spite the Jews.

To the Jews, Jesus is a false messiah, a man who was rightfully killed for saying he is God.

To the people who worship 330,000,000 demons, they have no chance at knowing God, at all.

The God of the Jews is not the god of the Arabs, never has been, never will.
>>
>>1787664
Erhman wrote the book "Did Jesus Exist?".

Erham is an atheist and a skeptic, and those are his quotes.

Your HuffPro piece is garbage, and yes I read it.
>>
>>1787664
You want sources? Why don't you find them? This took like 10 seconds on google:

Tacitus (56-120AD)
Cornelius Tacitus was known for his analysis and examination of historical documents and is among the most trusted of ancient historians. He was a senator under Emperor Vespasian and was also proconsul of Asia. In his “Annals’ of 116AD, he describes Emperor Nero’s response to the great fire in Rome and Nero’s claim that the Christians were to blame:

“Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.”

He's the preeminant historian of Rome, the empire ruling over Israel at the time of Jesus Christ. He's hostile to Christ.

Is his word good enough for you?

kek
>>
>>1787638
It is not like Muslims say "Jesus is only a prophet" and that's it. Muslims talk about what Jesus teaches. It isn't like "lol too bad, hes just a prophet" rather "Jesus teaches us that people who have high authority on earth are likely to be influenced by jinn (demons) and that even the most righteous person, on the earth, can be punished for sharing the truth"

It isn't like Muslims are trying to get rid of Jesus, they still understand a great deal of what He teaches.
>>
>>1787692
Muslims and Jews are free to interpret Jesus. Not every Muslim is like "He is just a man" and not every Jew is like "Jesus is a bad guy", and a lot of people are very tolerant. People don't worship all 33million gods, Siva and Vishnu are the One, immovable God, the same as Abba, Adonai, Allah.

Jesus would have been instructed in Egyptian knowledge and Yoga.
>>
>>1787715
The teachings of Jesus in the Koran aren't the same as the teachings of Jesus in the new testament. They don't even believe he was crucified. They also respect Abraham, but they don't follow any of what he says in the old testament, because the old and new testament are to have been corrupted.

Imagine if I told you Mohammed was actually a saint and he told us to worship on the third day, that those who cross God must humiliated but not murdered and he supports the catholic church.

That's equivalent to how Islam represents Jesus and the other prophets
>>
Here is how Muslims view Jesus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf3cYHSVxUE&index=2&list=LLCKkunZfajr8duEHW3Z1aEw
>>
>>1787769
>imagine if
No thanks, because there is a big problem with trying to understand a hypothetical situation, because it avoids the reality of the situation.

They are very parallel. They don't believe His Spirit was crucified, as for His body please watch video in link ->>1787825
>>
Everyone is allowed to believe and research on their own.
>>
>>1787825
There is room for interpretation, and that the "absolutists" saying "Jesus is either this or that", take away from interpreting Christ.
>>
>>1787443
You cannot be Christian without regarding Jesus Christ as your Lord God and savior period.

Muslims do not accept Christ but insult and refuse him, if they did not, they would no longer be muslim but christian.
>>1784394
Name of the Lord = Christ eternal.
>>
>>1787847
The hypothetical is to exemplify how different Islam views Jesus and how Christianity does. Islam says Christians corrupted the new testament and that it's all lies on purpose. The things Jesus says in Islam aren't the same as what he says and preaches in Christianity. Islam literally says Christians are lying about Jesus and the other prophets
>>
>>1787901
You can be Christian and not believe that Jesus is God. You can believe whatever you want. It isn't so black and white. Jesus tells us to worship God, and claims to be from the Father, making an obvious differentiation between Him and the Father.

But even that isn't just an "absolute" belief, that is only a small idea.

Muslims do not deny Jesus ->>1787825 and look into Jesus more than Christians do.

It is the definitions, trying to limit everyone to one way of thinking.
>>
>>1787921
Again, please watch this video ->>1787825

If not it's OK, but it shows Muslim and Christian compromise.
>>
>>1787825
Imam encourages Christians and Jewish discussion in his presence.

Imam-Caliph al-'Aziz had a Christian wife
>>
>>1787961
"Muslims also interpret the Trinity in their own exegesis, and affirm the Gospels. They argue that Jesus was crucified by using the Quran"
>>
>>1787825
"God is transcendent of all names / attributes, above all categories, all things come from God's command."
>>
>>1787825
The Torah, The Gospel, The Quran, are only different in their outside meaning, but their inner truth revealed is the same message.
>>
Jesus is a reflection of the divine in Islam and Christianity
>>
>>1787932
>You can be Christian and not believe that Jesus is God
No you can't.
>You can believe whatever you want
No.
>It isn't so black and white
Yes it is.
>>
>>1787943
I'll watch it later, promise.

Thanks for being civil
>>
So Jesus reveals spiritual wisdom in Islam and Christianity, and gets people to attain inner knowing rather than interpret scripture completely literally.
>>
>>1788107
It really brings together a lot of confusion between Christians and Muslims. Not every Christian and Muslim is going to be the same, so many are open to Platonic ideas that Islam and Christianity also have influence, rather than take every word completely literal.
>>
>>1788096
Muslims are Christian. You can believe whatever you want, God gives us this right. It is not so left or right, but middle.
>>
>>1787901
>You cannot be Christian without regarding Jesus Christ as your Lord God and savior period.

To be fair, Islam was considered a Christian heresy many times in history. The Divine Comedy has Muhammad in Hell not because he's a pagan but because he's an arch heresiarch.
>>
>>1788153
The divine comedy says Judas is in hell, but without Judas, Jesus would have not been so widely known. Jesus would save His friend from hell.
>>
>>1784375
Yeah, so Mohamed ripped off the Infancy Gospel of Thomas.
>>
>>1787825
Muslims can argue that the crucifixion did happen, and that they only killed Jesus body, but not his soul.

The video says that Muslims can argue about this, rather than believe it hyper-literally.
>>
>>1788177
You could say "ripped" but you could also say "inspired by". Your negative view is valid, but so is saying the positive view, equally valid.
>>
>>1787825
Muslims interpret Jesus according to their own esoteric interpretations.

"For esotericism everywhere and always, leads to the same end" Henry Corbin
>>
>>1788167
Judas is in Hell for holding money more important than God, as well as his arrogance, doubt, and envy.
>>
>>1788825
How do you know? Did you go to hell and knock on the door and ask if Judas was home?
>>
>>1788835
Comitting suicide, which is an act of desecration and sinning against the very icon of God Himself - the human body.
Just as with burning the body, it denies the person entrance into Heaven as both the body and soul are to await judgement in the age to come.

But you remind me, I am not to judge as that is up to Christ the Son, and the Father.
>>
>>1788908
But did you go to hell and ask if Judas was there? Did you get a files and paperwork from Satan saying that he pays taxes there and is a resident?
>>
>>1788923
He'll find all your suicide jihadi friends there too.
>>
>>1784260
The Qu'ran is a shitty non-canon sequel written 600 years later. Who would ever bother with that shit when no one from the originals were involved.
>>
>>1789605
True jihad is the spiritual war between the soul and the ego
>>
>>1789796
It is more than just a "sequel" 600 years later. It will naturally involve itself when someone is ready to read it.
>>
>>1784260
To be honest every Muslim I've known personally has been a decent person and don't have any issues with Christianity. They more into hating fedora types.

Plus you gotta look at what Islam teaches about the Mahdi, and how he is supposed to work alongside Christ to fix Islam in an age where a lot of Muslims are Muslims in name only. And that Christ and the Mahdi will work together to bring peace among man and the nations at the end of days.

It's why the Syria conflict has been so interesting to watch.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.