[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favorite founding father /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: 1200[1].jpg (103KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
1200[1].jpg
103KB, 1200x680px
Mine is Thomas Jefferson.
>>
>>1784134
We basically learn that America won a revolution, we do not give a shit about the particular personages save for Ben Franklin, Washington, and the other guys who became presidents.
>>
>>1784134
Thomas Paine
>>
>>1784164
inb4 ignorant
>>
>>1784175
Would Paine even be considered a Founding Father?
>>
>>1784134
Harry "light horse" Lee
>>
>>1784248
>henry
sorry about the typo
>>
Mine is Ben Franklin.
The best one IMO.
>>
Benny Benassi Franklin
>>
>>1784134
Senator Armstrong.
>>
Samuel Adams because in 8th grade we did this thing where every student gets a founding father (or similar important person) that they had to research and do stuff on and end up talking about in front of the class in one way or another and he's the one I got stuck with.

I fuckin' hated it cause there was literally no important stuff I could find about Sam Adams.

But in time I learned to respect him.

"If there was any Palinurus to the Revolution, Samuel Adams was the man."
- Thomas Jefferson
>>
John Adams. He seems to have ultimately been the most moral of them all.
>>
>>1784134
Alexander Hamilton
>>
Connor "Where is Charles Lee" Kennway
>>
>>1784562
:^)
>>
>>1784134
George Washington.
>>
>>1784323
He was obnoxious and disliked
>>
>>1784323
Agreed completely. He's the only one that wasn't a hypocrite.
>>
John Adams

His presidency was critical to the survival of the union and could have easily been botched
>>
>>1784587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbYgLae1u0
>>
>>1784181
Absolutely. Why wouldn't he? He was probably the most influential pro-independence figures of the time.
>>
File: benedict-arnold-jpg.jpg (57KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
benedict-arnold-jpg.jpg
57KB, 300x316px
Benedict Arnold is my favorite founding father.

He was the only logical one in the bunch, after all.
>>
>>1784759
t. bong
>>
File: he's coming.png (92KB, 426x388px) Image search: [Google]
he's coming.png
92KB, 426x388px
>>1784759
>>
>>1784134
Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson are top tier.
>>
Alexander Hamilton, fuck TJ and his boy toy James Madison
>>
File: 39917_orig.jpg (125KB, 431x580px) Image search: [Google]
39917_orig.jpg
125KB, 431x580px
>>1784767
>>1784769
Not a bong, or Canadian either, really. Just an American who thinks we would've been better seceding peacefully with the Empire like the other successful children of Mother Britannia.

The majority of colonists in the 13 colonies were neutral during the Revolution anyways, the "patriot" colonists were edgelord faggots and the "loyalist" colonists only made it worse by creating an existing "counter-revolutionary" force which thus made the Revolution "real" and had to be "dealt" with.

What should've happened is that there should've only been only neutrals and the "patriots" should've kept doing what they've been doing but not to create so much dissent that an opposition faction develops within, which is where the "loyalist" colonists came from.

This would therefore, I believe, trigger a peaceable deal to put the American colonists with representation in parliament.

If we didn't make a big deal out of this, we would've still parted eventually but have better relations and perhaps, goodwill bonuses, with Britain.

The greater country will always reward the lesser better if it remains loyal throughout, it will eventually give freedom to it and other things without causing any bloodshed.

This is what I believe, we really didn't have to go done this "revolutionary" route.
>>
>>1784134
Button Gwinnett, Georgia's representative to the Continental Congress.

>first name Button ftw
>rarest signature of all the FFs, thus the most valuable
>musical '1776' unfolds from his perspective
>>
Ron Paul
>>
Alex hamilton.
>>
>>1784769
HE'LL SAVE CHILDREN BUT NOT THE BRITISH CHILDREN
>>
A man who believed in truth, justice, and the American Way
>>
>>1785193
Looks like somebody watched the John Adams TV series.
>>
File: 1443643966421.jpg (298KB, 1280x840px) Image search: [Google]
1443643966421.jpg
298KB, 1280x840px
GW
>>
>>1785170
He once held an opponent's wife's hand.

In a jar of acid

at a party.
>>
File: 1441756035899.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441756035899.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>1785198
I'll watch anything that goes that far to pat my historical waifu on the back.
>>
>>1785206
I see certain historians, mostly rightists, claim that Washington was a pretty sincere Christian, which would be in contrast to some of the other Founders (like Jefferson). What's the evidence for this?
>>
File: Freemasonry washington_apron01.jpg (229KB, 720x846px) Image search: [Google]
Freemasonry washington_apron01.jpg
229KB, 720x846px
>>1785224
Washington was a taciturn man and his most intimate beliefs can only be guessed at.

However, he most certainly believed in the God of the Bible.
>>
>>1785224
George Washington was a lot less Liberal than the other founding fathers. He was after all a military man.
>>
>>1784134
Ben literally went to France, fucked all their women and then coerced the king to send French men to go die for someone elses war. He singlehandedly cucked France
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.