[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the historical equivalent of Chad? In ancient Rome I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: chadthunder.jpg (60KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
chadthunder.jpg
60KB, 600x645px
What is the historical equivalent of Chad?

In ancient Rome I think it'd be
>Brutus
>>
Most ancient men were chad
>>
>>1783754
just like our fathers
>>
>>1783746
Who gave that Eminem roids?
>>
In Ancient Rome, they would likely consider a "Chad" effeminate.
They didn't view very positively promiscuous men.
>>
>>1783746
Medieval Europe: Thomas
>>
>>1783920
huh? incorrect. Being promiscuous is certainly ill-seen in high society of rome, at least during the republic, but for the common people being the dominant penetrator in sex was always inherently masculine.
>>
>>1783953
Having too much sex was seen as effeminate, regardless of you being top.
>>
File: Chadicus.jpg (4MB, 1892x1892px) Image search: [Google]
Chadicus.jpg
4MB, 1892x1892px
>>
>>1784017

Notice how he barely cares about those hoes and is much more concerned with a higher existential issue by the angle of his gaze and the wine in his hands.

Alpha as fuck
>>
File: WHOA.jpg (153KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
WHOA.jpg
153KB, 600x574px
>>1784031
he just looks hammered honestly
>>
>>1783746
Why the fuck would it be Brutus? He was just a nobleman politician with support in the Senate for his cause.
I feel like people here have such a ridiculous perception of history.
>>
>>1784484
probably because it sounds like 'brutal'
>>
>>1783746
>Rome

MAXIMINUS THRAX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximinus_Thrax
>>
>>1784500
More like "brute"
>>
>>1784590

>Maximinus doubled the pay of soldiers;[8] this act, along with virtually continuous warfare, required higher taxes. Tax-collectors began to resort to violent methods and illegal confiscations, further alienating the governing class from everyone else.[14]

>Ancient sources, ranging from the unreliable Historia Augusta to Herodian, speak of Maximinus as a man of significantly greater size than his contemporaries.[34][35] He is, moreover, depicted in ancient imagery as a man with a prominent brow, nose, and jaw; symptoms of acromegaly.[36] His thumb was said to be so large that he wore his wife's bracelet as a ring for it.

>According to Historia Augusta, "he was of such size, so Cordus reports, that men said he was eight foot, six inches (c. 2.5 metres) in height".[37] It is very likely however that this is one of the many 'tall tales' in the Historia Augusta, and is immediately suspect due to its citation of 'Cordus', one of the several fictitious authorities the work cites.[38]

He sounds like Bane.
>>
>>1784601
for yov
>>
>>1784601
>No one cared who I was until I put on the laurel wreath
>>
>>1784590
Magnus Maximus.

His name means "Biggest Big Guy"
>>
>>1784638
>its real

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Maximus
>>
I think there's a passage in The Republic where someone tells Socrates philosophy is for kids and losers and real men focus on war.
>>
>>1784646
IV tu
>>
>>1783927
definitely Abelard
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.