[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate History: What would have happened if Diogenes moved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_lt9ooa1Jjr1qfpjv8.jpg (38KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt9ooa1Jjr1qfpjv8.jpg
38KB, 500x390px
Alternate History: What would have happened if Diogenes moved to another spot instead of telling Alexander to stand out of his sun?
>>
>>1783508
Alexander becomes a massive pussy.
>>
>>1783508
End of the world.
>>
>>1783508

So was Diogenes really so famous that Alexander specifically went looking for him? Or did they meet purely by coincidence?
>>
>>1784374

He was basically rival to the most influential thinker since Socrates. We can't understand his exact influence because none of his works managed to survive the ages. But the fact that we remember him anyway is a testament to how much of a hot shit Diogenes would have been in his time.
>>
>you will never be old
>you will never be wise
>you will never live in a pot
>you will never throw away your last possession
>you will never look for an honest man
>you will never be enslaved
>you will never piss Plato off
>ywn be shitposted about on an anime forum over a thousand years in the future
Kill me now cruel god(s/na)
>>
>>1784374
>>1784385

this begs the question

What if Alexander sought to meet Socrates instead of Diogenes

would Socrates have told him to gtfo his sun -- what would HE say?
>>
>>1784390
He would say "Can you move a little to the right? The sun's fucking with my eyes again."
>>
>>1784390

>Socrates, I conquered a lot of shit. Give me a good quote for my facebook page.
>Why do you seek conquest?

I imagine Alexander would leave in a similar state of frustration, just a bit later.
>>
>>1784390
I like where you are going in your thought friend.

What do you think he said?
>>
What if Alexander met Sigmund Freud?
>>
>>1784424

>Freud finally gets one right
>>
>>1784424
>You want a bigger empire to compensate for something MUCH smaller.
>Hey, fuck off old man
>>
>>1784434
>You want to fuck your mother and usurp your father
>Yeah, and I did, so what?
>>
>>1784390
Socrates was fucking dead at the time.
>>
>>1784390
Probably tell him to put his corpse back in the fucking ground.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.