[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colonizations that You Wish Could've Happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

File: coldlabs.jpg (390KB, 2000x2169px) Image search: [Google]
coldlabs.jpg
390KB, 2000x2169px
>Tfw wish portugal had colonized the northern coast of newfoundland and labrador.
>You wish that st. pierre et miquelon had a lot more people
>You wish that the Brits had heavily colonized the Falkland islands,making it populated with millions of brits
>You wish the french had created a second quebec in new caledonia, creating a french speaking european state in the area between australia and new zealand
>You wish that napoleon hadn't given up the louisiana purchase and had colonized the vast expanse of land with french convicts and soldiers and Parisian prostitutes like in quebec
>You wish that the french invasion of mexico had continued, and instead of a spanish speaking state you have an advanced highly functioning french america south of the border.
>You wish that the british had held oregon and had it become a territory
>You wish the russians had kept alaska and colonized it.
>>
>>1782315
ssb
>>
A french north america would have been nice, yes.
I wish they hadn't been booted out of florida by the spanish around 1560, and sent all their huguenots over instead of killing them.

Also wish Formosa remained dutch.
>>
File: wef2.jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
wef2.jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
>>1782315
>wanting more Quebecois
>>
> no chinese Caliphornia
> no brazilian Africa
>>
File: mugabe1.jpg (35KB, 525x352px) Image search: [Google]
mugabe1.jpg
35KB, 525x352px
>>1782315
>tfw African colonization and uplifting cut short by the Nefarious Teutonic
>>
File: new sweden.png (176KB, 800x1164px) Image search: [Google]
new sweden.png
176KB, 800x1164px
Oh the shitshow it would have been...
>>
>>1783571
>>1783571
Formost used to be dutch? I would so live there if taiwan were today all dutch today.Imagine the shitposting if there were a french, english, and dutch state in the pacific.
>>
>>1783571
If only maximilian could hold onto some territory. If I were him I would secure a part of the territory and pull a united states: invite all of the refugees from the 1848 revolutions in europe to settle in the land that I would secure in mexico, ulimately planning on having these settlers settle beyond the boundarys of french mexico, and manifest destiny to the united states border and the pacific. i would also force all of the germans to adopt french names. I also would basically drain the french prisons and send all prostitutes over to the colony to keep the birthrate up.
>>
>>1783601
So did sweden actually settle there?
>>
>>1783601
I would trade in wogs for swedes and based dutchmen. I wonder what the ramifications would be if there were some sort of dutch speaking quebec flanking new england? It would probably cause the north and the south to seperate further, or perhaps for the dutch speaking part of the states to seperate altogether. If there were such a state in north america it would probably be used to be a recepticle for a lot of white afrikaaners post apartheid.
>>
>>1783766
Briefly, but all colonization projects fell apart after whoever was the Swedish king at the time died.
>>
>>1783777
Should have stuck to settling southern greenland.
>>
- The Russians hold onto Alaska and develop it. After the Russian Revolution it either becomes a White holdout or goes full commie.
> tfw when Alaskan Missile Crisis goes hot
- French held onto Canada and created super Quebec instead of the present non-country that occupies the area
- The Dutch retained northern Brazil instead of everything being Spanish or Portuguese
- Germans managed to get in on that sweet, sweet colonial action instead of assimilating into other colonial populations
- Russians getting into the Scramble for Africa and spawning a Slavo-Dindu hybrid race
- Vandal North Africa survives
>>
File: images (44).jpg (29KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (44).jpg
29KB, 512x287px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme

So close yet so far...
>>
>>1782315

>Ohay I'm a canadian from the province of Labrador.

That map of Labrador made me realize that I actually live in my country. As in I am a millenary native with a real connection to the clay as opposed to a plastic alien colonist living in that or whatever clay, speaking a language not native of the clay he inhabits, like a transplanted roach, and waving a whatever flag and singing a whatever '''''national''''' song repeatidly in order to, foolishly desperately try to establish some connection with the clay and forget that he's nothing more than a plastic meaningless alien colonist that could as well be living in the moon or in japanese capsule hotel for all the identity he has. Like a roach. Exactly like a wandering roach. It would literally make no difference.

It really is a great feel. A fucking great feel.
>>
How wild would it be if the Arabs got to Mexico first
>>
I wish Acadians never got fucked over so I wouldn't have been born in to a family of dirt poor alcoholic fishermen
>>
I wish the Dutch had settled in Australia then we could have cool accents like the Afrikaners
>>
>>1785330
>DID I GIT YU? ARE YOU BLEEDING? YOU GET THAT LOOKT ET EH BOY?
>>
>>1785024
I actually came up with that white russia scenario too, though in my timeline the united states influences russian alaska to be white, and most of the cold war tactics of ideology is played out in russian alaska.
>>
>>1785233
What do you mean? Are you a buthurt injun or a portuguese person? I can't tell.
>>
>>1785311
Are you canadian or louisiana cajun?
>>
>>1785330
There would be an australo-southafrican superstate
>>
>>1785431
Canadian
>>
>>1785435
Yes please
>>
>>
I wish that the Portuguese hadn't colonized anything, since Portuguese is discount Spanish and sounds disgusting
>>
>>1783781
that was danes and norweigans
>>
>tfw no uncolonized west north america that is basically like a giant natural reserve full with native tribes
>>
>>1785024
>>1785424
Ada, or Ardor is a Nabokov novel that deals with a possible Pacific Northwestern Russian colony, just in case you're interested.

It also has quite detailed descriptions of underage (14-year-old) incest and sexuality, in case you're into that as well.
>>
File: teno sdfsddf.jpg (248KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
teno sdfsddf.jpg
248KB, 1200x1200px
I wish somebody who wouldn't have demolished Tenochtitlan colonized central mexico instead of the spainish
>>
File: nc.png (140KB, 1052x437px) Image search: [Google]
nc.png
140KB, 1052x437px
Imagine if it wasn't failed. United Kingdom could as well not exist. History literally would be different as fuck.
>>
>>1783777
I thought it was because the governor decided to fuck with the English or Dutch.
>>
>>1785495
>Alkebu-Lan
Dropped :^)
>>
Scottish colonization in Panama (failed IRL resulting in huge economic losses)
Polish and Danish Caribbean (effort was much more minor in IRL)
Tuscany colonization in Guyana (dropped after a few expeditions)
>>
>>1782315
I kind of wish that a Italian state had colonized part of the Americas like Florida. Would've been cool.
>>
I wish the Boers of the cape of good hope had been expansionist as fuck and taken large swathes of african land and made it white.

I wish the Americans had sent all their blacks to Liberia, and that Liberia would flourish as a result.

I wish Quebec would remain French rather than fall under anglo influence.
>>
>>1783571
>A french north america would have been nice, yes.

Seconded.
>>
>>1785656
Fucking butthurt spaniards need to get out
>>
I really want to see how a Byzantine or at least a Greek colony in the new world would look like
>>
>>1785233
Nice bait sonny jim
>>
File: 1454376258129.jpg (41KB, 492x519px) Image search: [Google]
1454376258129.jpg
41KB, 492x519px
>>1785233
Almost got me there.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.