[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

historical trolling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 800px-Anoushiravan.jpg (283KB, 800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Anoushiravan.jpg
283KB, 800x1198px
>After the conquest of Antioch in 541, Khosrau I built a new city near Ctesiphon for the inhabitants he captured. He called this new city Weh Antiok Khusrau, or literally, "better than Antioch Khosrau built this."[11] Local inhabitants of the area called the new city Rumagan, meaning "town of the Romans" and Arabs called the city al-Rumiyya. Along with Weh Antiok, Khosrau built a number of fortified cities.[12] Khosrau I deported 292,000 citizens, slaves, and conquered people to the new city of Ctesiphon in 542.[13]
>>
pretty fucking hilarious tbqh
>>
According to folklore, when Napoleon took over the Netherlands, he made people claim last name so he could more efficiently set up a population and tax recording system. A bunch of Dutch people, thinking last names were a ridiculous idea and wanting to fuck with Napoleon, decided to give themselves nonsensical and joke names. Those names stuck, and now tons of Dutch people are stuck with weird names because their ancestors decided to prank tax collectors.
>>
>>1781441
I remember something like about a Roman soldier who mooned a crowd of Jews during and that helped cause the Roman-Jewish wars.
>>
>>1783322
I have met people called Naaktgeboren. Which means: born-naked.
>>
File: AIa5aFK.jpg (4MB, 2263x3394px) Image search: [Google]
AIa5aFK.jpg
4MB, 2263x3394px
17th-century Italian poet Alessandro Tassoni composed the mock-heroic epic La secchia rapita on the events of the War of the Bucket.

An ancient wooden bucket is kept in the Torre della Ghirlandina in Modena to this day. It is said to be the bucket taken from Bologna before the battle, or afterward as a trophy.
>>
>Nobody posted the fucking cathrowing Persian yet
>>
File: Fuck yeah.jpg (55KB, 720x431px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah.jpg
55KB, 720x431px
Anthony McAuliffe (2 July 1898 – 11 August 1975) was the United States Army general who was the acting division commander of the 101st Airborne Division troops defending Bastogne, Belgium, during World War II's Battle of the Bulge, famous for his single-word reply of "Nuts!" in response to a German surrender ultimatum.
>>
>>1783372
Yeah pretty sure he mooned them while celebrating Passover or some Jewish holiday and the crowd chimped out.
>>
Philip von Hohenheim deciding his name wasnt grand enough, so he changed it to Theophrastus Bombastus but that STILL wasn't enough so he made people call him Paracelsus, which means either equal to or better than Celsus.

Not sure which Celsus he though he was equal to, the occultist or the physician, as he was obsessed with both.
>>
File: Khosrow I.jpg (83KB, 668x662px) Image search: [Google]
Khosrow I.jpg
83KB, 668x662px
>>1781441
The mad man.
>>
>>1783428
Meh. I bet he just wanted to replay the story of general Cambronne.
>>
>be captain thomas cochrane
>have command of shitty 16-gun brig
>spot 32-gun Spanish frigate with a crew six times the size of my shitty tub
>head straight for it
>end up getting so close that the riggings lock together
>repel three spanish attempts at boarding
>decide to counter-attack with your entire crew, leaving the ships doctor in command
>kill more spaniards than there are men in your entire crew
>capture the ship
>humiliated spanish captain asks for a certificate of conduct so he can show his superiors he genuinely tried to defend his ship
>sign a letter stating the captain conducted himself "like a true spaniard"
>alpha as fuck
>>
>crowning napoleon king of elba earning the title: "His Imperial Majesty the Sovereign of the Island of Elba"
>>
>>1783767
you forgot to mention the best part, his political opponents put him in command of that brig to avoid him acheiving further glory, truly the best naval meme desu
>>
The guy was a piece of shit, but he's probably one of the most hilarious trolls to ever run a country.

>After the United Kingdom broke off all diplomatic relations with his regime in 1977, Amin declared he had defeated the British, and conferred on himself the decoration of CBE (Conqueror of the British Empire). His full self-bestowed title ultimately became: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", in addition to his officially-stated claim of being the uncrowned King of Scotland.[74] He never received the Distinguished Service Order (DSO) or the Military Cross (MC). He conferred a doctorate of law on himself from Makerere University as well as the Victorious Cross (VC), a medal made to emulate the British Victoria Cross.
>>
File: America revealed.png (210KB, 1000x8000px) Image search: [Google]
America revealed.png
210KB, 1000x8000px
>>1783724
McAuliffe won, unlike the frog.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.