[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Archaic Greece was a better place to live as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: black_figure_pottery.jpg (2MB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
black_figure_pottery.jpg
2MB, 1680x1680px
Is it true that Archaic Greece was a better place to live as an ordinary prole than Ancient Greece in any other period?
>>
>ywn horseback ride naked on largely uninhabited fields, without fear of trespassing someone else's property
>>ywn tie your horse on a random tree while you bathe in a river on a hot, sunny afternoon
>ywn hunt your own food with your trusty crossbow
>ywn sleep by the fire under the starry sky without fear of being robbed
>ywn be truly free
>>
>>1779111
>ywn spend all day everday fearing the gods wrath
>ywn make an offering to the gods before every single major decision
>>
lol hell no. There was a bunch of droughts still persisting, dynamic population growth, and overpopulation in areas. City-states were fucking laughably small still, so you wouldn't find kick-ass architecture, art events, or eminent thinkers later on.

Aristocrats and Monarchs were far more predominant and powerful over the states. Most of the city-states probably had serfdom systems with regarding the laborers, like Thessaly, Sparta, and Crete had during the Classical age.

Wealth circulating into Greece was also much lower. As city-states established over-seas colonies and enslaved and waged war against the local populaces there, that established foreign slaves to be the under-class in the home-cities. Even if you were a poor and landless citizen in Athens or some other major Greek city-state, the State could ask you to move to some newly conquered foreign city, and have land and estate alloted to you there, to repopulate it with the presence of the State's citizens.
>>
>>1779111
>crossbow.
>>
Incoming progressive futurists in 3..2..oh wait they're already here nvm.
>>
File: 20160604_112959.jpg (141KB, 460x675px)
20160604_112959.jpg
141KB, 460x675px
>>1779111
I was feeling it until the crossbow
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.