[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europe or Asia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: eurasia.gif (174KB, 1532x569px) Image search: [Google]
eurasia.gif
174KB, 1532x569px
Which has a greater..

>overall history
>overall culture
>signifcant discoveries
>signifcant inventions
>architecture
>music
>arts
>people
>impact on the other
>role in humanity
>>
Basically...
>until industrial revolution, asia in all fields
>since industrial revolution, europe in all fields
I also predict in the future this will be changed again due to recent indicators like Asia's unstoppable economic growth and the decline of the western world.
>>
If Asia never got the ball rolling Europeans would still be hunter-gathers in living petty tribes starving
>>
>>1778960
gee, I don't know anon, is this a European or Asian website
>>
>>1779008
its actually made by an american with european ancestry inspired by an asian one
>>
>>1778998
I, too, remember how Asians founded Mediterranean civilization
>>
>>1778981
bait
>>
Uhm, I'd say Asia. Considering that India and the Middle East are part of Asia, I'd say you can credit those areas on more than you can credit Europe.

However, Europe had Greece, and Greece kicked a lot of ass in those regards.

I dont feel like rating their 'overall history, culture, architecture, music, arts, people' because a lot of that is subjective, both sides have a lot of development in those regards.

It terms of discoveries, invetions, role on humanity and impact, Asia. The Middle East and India are part of Asia, and you can credit those for the greatest impacts.

In general though, I would say the middle east has an older recorded history, if were back on the history thing.

Role of humanity and impact on one another can vary, but in the great scheme of things, Asia didnt have any impact on Europe and vice versa for thousands of years. In those regards, I wouldnt say they had much impact on each other at all.
>>
>>1778960
Meaningless question. It's like asking if red or green is heavier.
>>
Why is africa not an option?
>>
>>1779173
Your question pretty much awnsers itself.
>>
File: relevant region.png (41KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
relevant region.png
41KB, 1357x628px
You could trash 90% of "Eurasia" and it wouldn't make a difference to world history. Here is all that matters.
>>
File: 1474489025774.png (110KB, 2172x888px) Image search: [Google]
1474489025774.png
110KB, 2172x888px
>until mid-17th century
Asia (including Middle East and India)

>from mid-17th century up till today
Western Europe

Eastern Europe has always been irrelevant to the global scale, more or less.

Russia has only been relevant on the global scale since the 20th century.
>>
>>1779203

>no China and India
>no paper
>no guns
>no sugar
>no silk
>no compass
>no stringed instruments
>no zero
>no modern numerals
>no higher mathematics

top kek
>>
>>1779214
The Middle East stopped producing anything of value almost 1000 years ago. Which is right about the time when Western Europe started.

Also Greece and Rome (which are in Europe) were more relevant than Asia from at least 500 BC on.
>>
>>1779227
West had papyrus and parchment, guns aren't a progress in absolute terms, Easterners didn't invent sugar or silk lol wtf, the compass was invented independently by Westerners, string instruments originate from Mesopotamia, zero already existed in Egypt, and what is usually referred to as "higher mathematics" was entirely invented in the West in modern times.
>>
>>1779268

>guns aren't a progress in absolute terms

yes, I'm sure a medieval army will stand a good chance against a modern army armed with guns and tanks today. Retard.

>Easterners didn't invent sugar or silk

Sugar crystallization was developed by the Indians during the Gupta Empire.

The Chinese were the first to cultivate silk from silkworms and use it for cloth.

>string instruments originate from Mesopotamia

Middle East is part of Asia

>zero already existed in Egypt

The zero, along with modern numerals, all derive from Hindu-Arabic numerals, which were developed independently in India

>what is usually referred to as "higher mathematics" was entirely invented in the West in modern times

higher mathematics could not have been developed without the foundational basis of the Hindu-Arabic numeral system (an Asian invention), or the concept of the algorithm (a Middle Eastern invention)
>>
>>1779020
They did, considering Mesopotamia is the original foundation for the early Mediterranean civilizations.
>>
>>1779297

>yes, I'm sure a medieval army will stand a good chance against a modern army armed with guns and tanks today. Retard.
How is that going to happen if nobody has guns you stupid fucking ching chong?

>Sugar crystallization was developed by the Indians during the Gupta Empire.
Who cares, there are plenty of other sweeteners like honey.

>The Chinese were the first to cultivate silk from silkworms and use it for cloth.
Middle East did it independently, and it's not even like silk is relevant.

>Middle East is part of Asia
Mesopotamia is on that map, open your chinky slit eyes: >>1779203

>The zero
Already existed in Egypt.

>higher mathematics could not have been developed without the foundational basis of the Hindu-Arabic numeral system
Yes it could.

>algorithm (a Middle Eastern invention)
Which is on the map you literal retard.
>>
>>1779008
American one emulating a Japanese one. Created by a Japanese loving teen, now owned by a Japanese person.

Also caters to Japanese culture and entertainment.
>>
>>1778960
Definitely the Faroe Islands.
>>
>>1778960
I would say while currently Europe, overall it might be Asia simply for being the cradle of civilization with Mesopotamia and the Levant. First urban centers, first major city and nation states, first empires, religious homeplace of the Abrahamic faiths, etc...
>>
>>1778960
Complete and utterly nonsensical meme thread, you must be a complete moron.
>>
>>1778960
Europe in all of those
>>
>>1778960
>overall history
Asia
>overall culture
Asia
>signifcant discoveries
Asia
>signifcant inventions
Asia before 1300 A.D then Europe
>architecture
Asia seriously those buildings in east Asia like Angkor watt are just great.
>music
Asia has more emotionally stimulating music, japanese and chinese have very atmosphere types of music,arabic also conveys a strange atmosphere along with Indian. Asian music in general just sounds more unique.
>arts
Europe
>people
Asia
>impact on the other
Europe
>role in humanity
Asia
>>
>>1778981
>until renaissance, asia in all fields
>since renaissance, europe in all fields

Ftfy
>>
>>1778960
Asia in all fields

why is this even a question

what a dumb fucking thread
>>
Europe has both Greece and the West. The answer is obviously Europe in all fields, you have to be an edgy fedora or butthurt shitskin to deny it.
>>
>>1780997
>music
>Asia has more emotionally stimulating music, japanese and chinese have very atmosphere types of music,arabic also conveys a strange atmosphere along with Indian. Asian music in general just sounds more unique.

Even you don't sound convinced by this anon.
>>
File: IMG_1411.png (168KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1411.png
168KB, 450x350px
The cultures of both are simple ofshoots of the ancient central Asian proto-Slavic Andronovo culture
>>
>>1778981
Europe had pretty sweet architecture and mathematics in the antiquity
>>
>>1779214
I'm sure spaniards will be thrilled to see that they are not white
>>
File: whites.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
whites.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
Anybody who answers asian in any of those points are either asian or mentally challenged.
>>
>>1778960
Greece was more relevant than all of Asia put together, so yeah
>>
>>1781984
>proto-Slavic
Of course fucking not, slavic were in modern day baltic states
>>
>>1782067
They got many things from phoenicians
>>
>>1782058
>subjugating beauty into a domain of a shitty ideology

you deserve a spanking you naughty boy.
>>
>>1778998
If N'gh*tsk*tsk* never got his feet moving, ¬Africans would still be NULL.
>>
>>1780892
This. Kys, OP.
>>
>Europe only became relevant at the Renaissance
>no, in the 17th century
>no, in the Industrial Revolution

How can we top this? Europe only became relevant after WW2? On 9/11?
>>
>>1778998
>>1780997
>>1781834
CHING CHONG PING PONG BANG BONG DING DONG
>>
>>1782403
>Europe was relevant at the Renaissance
>no, in the 2nd century AD
>no, in 334 BC

How can we top this? Europe became relevant before 800 BC? Before 3800 BC?
>>
Middle East. It's got the best of both worlds.
>>
>>1781984
Proto-Indo-Iranians and Indo-Iranians/Iranics are not related to Slavic culture, stop pushing this bullshit meme.
>>
>>1782469
>ancient Greece wasn't relevant
>>
>>1782667
>Linear Pottery culture wasn't relevant

And so on and so on
>>
>>1782469
of course it was relevant in the BC, don't you remember the Ancient Finnish Empire
>>
>>1782680
what
>>
File: 1471915029207.jpg (22KB, 317x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471915029207.jpg
22KB, 317x300px
>>1780997
>>Asia has more emotionally stimulating music, japanese and chinese have very atmosphere types of music,arabic also conveys a strange atmosphere along with Indian. Asian music in general just sounds more unique.
>>
>>1778960
Europe and Asia are part of the same continent.

>>1782482
agreed
>>
>>1778960
Europe wasn't relevant until WW1 so Im gonna go and say Asia
>>
>>1778960
>overall history
Asia
>overall culture
Asia
>signifcant discoveries
Asia
>signifcant inventions
Asia
>architecture
Asia but Europe come close
>music
I give that to Europe
>arts
Asia
>people
Asia
>impact on the other
Asia
>role in humanity
Asia
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.