[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-American here. Is Black revisionism really a significant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: Hannibal_Lecter.jpg (65KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal_Lecter.jpg
65KB, 686x385px
Non-American here.

Is Black revisionism really a significant force in the US or is it just an insignificant meme that got blown out of proportions by /pol/ and other retards?
>>
>>1778911
the fuck do you think?
>>
>>1778911
There is definitely some WEUWZING, like that MTV negress that claimed that casting a white woman as Cleopatra was "whitewashing".

But of course you can't go around asking blacks if they believe they were KANGZ
>>
File: 6859220.jpg (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
6859220.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
>>1778911
What examples are there of Black Revisionism?

I'm aware of ancient egyptians supposedly being black along with Mozart, but that's it.
>>
>>1778911

It exists; I walk past a group of Black Israelites (or whatever they call themselves) every day at work.

But on the other hand, it's very much a fringe loony movement, and nobody really takes it seriously aside from the people who spout bullshit like that or "melanin science".
>>
>>1778911
It's a meme, you dip
>>
>>1778911
Insignificant meme. One time, years ago, I actually saw these people handing out literature outside of Penn Station, that is it.
>>
>>1778911
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>1778911
A meme. There number is small and no one takes them seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 526x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 526x350px
>>1778962
>Melanin science
Good one, gonna use it here in Sweden, home of identity politics
>>
>>1778911
Among blacks, it isn't. As someone who grew up a minority, they certainly believe at a minimum that the Egyptians and Moors were black, and not in any defensible fashion either. While most do not adhere to Hebrew Israelite theology, many blacks seem to believe that Jesus and the Israelites were black, or at least darker than whites and the current inhabitants of the Levant.

Outside of blacks, it is certainly a meme. I recall posters from my high school depicting Hannibal as black, but I went to a black majority school, you won't find much of that elsewhere.
>>
>>1778911
As much as Anglo revisionism is a thing in US.
>>
>>1779133
>As someone who grew up a minority
hispanic?
>>
>>1779149
Jewish.
>>
>>1779334
So why the fuck are you speaking for black people?

As a black person, my experience is that no one in my family cares about history enough to comment.l about it at all.
>>
>>1779133
I once had a soldier while I was on a 24 hour duty in the army try his best to convince me that Egyptians were/are black. It was like debating a topic with a real-life meme, I kept wondering if I was dreaming or not. Some gems:

>Egyptians=black, modern day and past
>Persians=Originally black, because of their beards
>Mycenaean greeks=black
>original inhabitants of turkey (he was confused and angered when I kept saying anatolia)=black
>mohammed=not black? bizzare to not lump him in
>mesopotamia was started by black people then was sacked by whites
>>
>>1778911
It is a significant force in America in the sense that most politically active "woke" blacks are subscribers to the concept, and leftists are infatuated with black people so leftist political organizations become a voice black revisionism.
>>
>>1779359
This is false, woke people make from of and call out extewme hoteps regularly.
>>1778911
Ancient Egyptians were East Africans, Nubians were East Africans, Puntites were East Africans. The former two had varying degrees of Eurasian ancestry.

There is literally no argument that can prove without a doubt the ruling class or the average subject were not of East African ancestry. Their phenotype and characteristics are completely within our spectrum.

Now the issue becomes "did they look like Yoruba or Igbo" that answer would be most likely no by the time of the phorantic period. Though Fulani can better approximate some.

As someone actually from Africa and from Lake Tana you're silly to think people didn't migrate down stream. The archeology of the pre-dynastic era shows so much cultural and phenotypical diversity, its foolish to say the "blacks" simply disappeared or there is some magic border between the lands of Egypt and Nubia.

I don't feel most black Americans believe they are Egyptians, rather Ancient Egyptians represent an ancient past that influenced their ancestors but also represent what black people even if only distantly related did something that changed the world.

There is truth of North Africans migrating further south, Tebu who started Kanem and conquered Sao. But it is likely other groups influenced them and tebu, yes those cultural influences might include Egyptian sources.

Idk I see far more films that cast ferenj as Egyptians. Looking at media alone I'd call them, especially Northern Europeans the biggest We Wuzzies around.
>>
>>1778911
absolutely no one with any degree of power subscribes to the concept. i go to berkeley and ive never heard anyone discuss it
>>
It's a totally insignificant meme; I've always been puzzled as to how WE WUZ KANGZ became such a memetic rightist touchstone when it's such a fringe view. Punch down much?
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 1936x1338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1936x1338px
>>1778911
it's a cancer
>>
>>1778911
I've seen maybe 1/10 black people believe in this. You get it more amongst the more radical blacks, but the majority don't push this stuff. At least this is from those I know.
>>
>>1778911
It's been blown way out of proportion. I don't see anything about black revisionism in my everyday life. Only when I go on 4chan do I see it being discussed, usually in the form of "REEEE BLACK REVISIONISM FUCKING NIGGERS"
>>
>>1778911
I don't think so.
>>
>>1779149
>>1779334
I'm the OP, don't know who this cunt is. I'm white.
>>1779349
I can speak out of my observations, and I was probably "blacker" than you growing up. I'm not trying to say it's the topic of choice at family gatherings, but it is certainly prominent, just look at any black person's Facebook. They may not be outgoing with it, but most blacks think of the Egyptians as being or having been black.
>>1779357
Lol, Afrocentrics mostly get their viewpoints off infographs and captioned photos. They rarely have even the slightest knowledge of the culture they are attempting to appropriate. At least aftocrentrics like Diop tried to be academic.
>>1779472
I think there is certainly a widespread attempt to minimize the African heritage of Egypt, but Egyptians are not like East Africans, Egyptians have/have significantly more Caucasian blood than do Sudanese, Ethiopians, etc. The latter are Negroid with major Caucasian admixture, whereas Egyptians are Caucasians with major Negroid admixture.
>>
>>1778911

I think Americans just have a shaky knowledge of history in General, so they accept things as long as they sound true. And Egypt being in Africa thus making ancient Egyptians black sounds like it could be true.

I don't think its we wuzism so much as its just ignorance.

Ive met americans who didn't know who Stalin was.
>>
>>1778911
>is afrocentrism, something that is so prevalent in the states that it is forced to be covered and debunked (so far as they can without being RAYCISS) in academic historiography, a real thing
You serious?
>>
The most serious scholarly effort, Black Athena, was demolished by linguists and classicists, so it would be extremely difficult to have a university press publish a defence of Afrocentrism today.
>>
>>1779835
Nubians depicted themselves exactly the same way Egyptians depicted themselves. Nubia in Ancient Egypt contrary to popular belief was mostly in modern day Egypt and Northern Sudan.

The Sudanese are not a unified people. For example; Beja are more aligned with Afar; the Fur, Baggara, Zaghara, etc... are more aligned with Teda; Rashaida with Yemeni; Sudanese Arabs are a composite of dozens of Arabized groups with some Nubian heritage but overall Nubians are a distinct peoples.

Simple admixture models do not sum up East Africans, neither does it in Israel and Arabia Felix.

Caucasoid is a meaningless term, I am Caucasoid based on obsolete systems but no one would say I was anything but black. Caucasoid doesn't mean much when you read just how vague the category was by so called anthropologists in the early twentieth century.
>>
>>1779919
No one takes BA seriously in Academia.

Not even academic Afrocentrism does.
>>
>>1778962
>melanin science
What?
>>
>>1778911

Something like depicting Hannibal as several shades darker than he likely was seems trivial to me. I never saw threads complaining the actor who played Jesus in Passion of the Christ was several shades lighter than Jesus likely was. Or when historical figures are portrayed with the wrong hair or eye color. Unless it has something intrinsic to that person's story, who gives a shit?

Afrocentric psuedoscience, however, is a different matter and the only people I see conflate the two do so with an agenda.
>>
It's fringe element and we just blow it out of proportion because it's hilarious.
>>
>>1781623

Also, if you want an idea of how pervasive Afrocentrism has gotten just look at Amazon book reviews. Even the most blatant pseudo academic books have 4/5 or 5/5 star ratings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1494861992
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0812968174
>>
>>1781623
There's a difference between depicting a person a couple of shades darker or lighter and with different hair/eye colour and going the full way of depicting them as a person from an entirely different region of the world.
Depicting Hannibal, a semite with ethnic roots in the middle east, as black because he was from north africa is as retarded as depicting a person with scandinavian roots as asian just because he was born somewhere along the Dnieper river.
>>
>>1778959

That black Africans were the first to explore/colonize the Americas, either sparking the first civilizations or at least making preColumbian contact. Often claiming the Olmecs were actual Africans.

I suspect we'll hear many more claims like this in the near future as a lot of actual anthropological work is coming out challenging the 'clovis first' hypothesis.
>>
>>1778911
It pisses me off because there are real empires and obscure black people that popped up in weird places.
You had a 2m tall black samurai, an actual(if less famous) black music composer from germany, and some of the non-northern african kingdoms and empires were pretty awesome.
You actually have stuff to work with, people. Stop grasping at straws.
>>
It's a significant force in the Black community but 1) Blacks are 13% of the population and falling and 2) Blacks have little actual presence of their own in the media.

The largest source of we wuzism is just
>Egypt is on Africa
>Blacks are from Africa
>Americans are dumb so all people in Africa must be black
>Ergo Egypt = African Americans
Most people don't know any better rather than trying to alter history to suit an agenda.
>>
>>1781659
You can't really judge based on Amazon reviews, since all the people who decide not to buy it because it looks stupid aren't counted in the statistic
>>
>>1779334

Get the fuck out of here. Jews are a minority by choice.
>>
>>1779875

>Ive met americans who didn't know who Stalin was.

But they could name characters from Two Broke Dipshits (or whatever filth they watch on television)
>>
>>1781805

Read the comments on the 1 star reviews by people debunking the books, pretty good example of why it persists.
>>
>>1781462

It's a collection of pseudo-scientific theories. Pretty much all of them attribute some beneficial factor to higher melanin counts, so therefore black people are the real supermen, you know.
>>
>>1779875
Im not even going to dignify this with a response.
Claiming that Americans cant into History is on the same level as wewuzing.
Youre a faggot.
>>
File: estebanico3.jpg (448KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
estebanico3.jpg
448KB, 600x514px
>>1781754
And a black healer exploring the Southwest alongside Cabeza de Vaca. And at least half dozen of black Conquistadores (not slaves in the baggage train, but actual warriors in the battleline), I remember the names Juan Valiente and Juan Garrido ("Well-built John") but there were more.
>>
>>1778911
Insignificant meme
>>
File: mongol.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mongol.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>1781623
>Something like depicting Hannibal as several shades darker than he likely was seems trivial to me.
The man in OP's picture is a sub Saharan Negroid. That's radically different from having a caucasian who is a shade darker/lighter. What you see here is the equivalent of John Wayne playing a Mongol. Yes Whites and Mongols are from the same Eurasian continent. It doesn't mean they are the same race though.
>>
File: rendition1.img[1].jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img[1].jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
it's pretty fucking bad anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLP8B5G3-I
>>
File: NottoDisuShitto.jpg (58KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NottoDisuShitto.jpg
58KB, 640x360px
>>1782936
>pic
Maybe it wasn't the best idea to make him the main character, but it's not like the Harlem Hellfighters were actually white or something.
>>
>>1781665
>>1782931

I get that it's historically inaccurate (and after reading more about that specific program, the fact that they had Jesse Jackson doing soundbites alongside actual historians makes it much worse) but I still feel the aesthetics of any actor is still largely trivial. If race weren't such a contentious topic, then maybe it'd be easier to make a case that the very philosophy behind the art of acting supports such a stance.
>>
>>1778911
I think the "Egypt was black" shit is fairly common, but not the rest of it
>>
>>1781754
>tall-ass black samurai
>named Yasuke
>served Oda Nobunaga
>real as fuck
I think the important question now is this: Why hasn't he been made a character in Samurai Warriors or Sengoku Basara?
>>
>>1784070

There are blacks fighting for Prussia in the eastern front.

They turn wold war 1 into a war against racism.
>>
>>1778911
It's very common among middle and lower class African Americans.

Some white people even think the Egyptians were black because they were in Africa but that's due to ignorance instead of revisionism.
>>
>>1778911
Insignificant but noisy.

https://youtu.be/hBlbLgl5WDs
>>
>>1781978
Not the guy you're responding to but, back in middle school I met a girl who didn't even know hitler, there are plenty of people here who don't know Stalin or really anything about history besides some shit about the civil war and revolutionary war. Education in this country is shit.
>>
>>1778911
Just Google "American Inventors" or "European people art"

It's not a meme
>>
>>1784729
>There are blacks fighting for Prussia in the eastern front.
I believe the word is Germany, and you know as well as I do that EA would have come under fire from a much more media-savvy community than /his/ if they had forbidden people playing as the Central Powers on multiplayer from using black avatars. If anything, you should be mad at players who choose to make black avatars and play as Germans.
>They turn wold war 1 into a war against racism.
Don't be stupid, you know Western Front black germans are only in multiplayer. And if racism is brought up as a talking point in single player, in a campaign about the 369th it'd be a valid talking point, given that they were treated better by the French they were pushed to than their fellow Americans.
>>
>>1781826
You convert to Islam. Then maybe I'll consider converting to Christianity.
>>
>>1778911
It's an exaggerated meme but certain people do believe in it. A very tiny vocal minority.

As far as race-switching in media is concerned, it's just a ploy by the suits to generate controversy/publicity, while simultaneously staying "safe" by reusing the same stories over and over. If they really gave a shit about diversity they wouldn't just make Spider-Man black or Thor a woman, they'd make new characters or elevate pre-existing "minority" characters. It's all a ploy. Likewise with history, there's plenty of under-told stories about Africa, but instead they just retell the same well-known stories because muh brand recognition. Creativity is not allowed.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (19KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
19KB, 470x313px
You cannot grasp how fucking serious these idiots are.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama-Re
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubian_Nation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washitaw_Nation

>some mentally ill black guy gets really self conscious about his lack of history
>starts an ancient Egypt style cult while claiming to be the descendent of a Pharoah from space while also claiming to be a 'Washitaw Indian' whose trube wuz here before the native Americans
>builds an enormous ancient Egyptian themed complex in Georgia and gets thousands of people to worship him as a God
>writes tons of books about his 'scripture' and creates a gibberish language/alphabet
>hundreds of people live there and LARP as ancient Egyptians while speaking speaking a nonsense language
>turns out the 'prophet' was actually a pedophile raping dozens children in his pyramid
>gets raided by the feds and charged with over 100 counts of child molestation and becomes the largest child molestation case directed at a single person in US history
>tries to get out of his sentence by demanding his case be carried out in the 'Washitaw Indian Legal System' because he's an 'indigenous person
> government says "Lolno"
>tries to be extradited to Liberia
> "lolno"
>currently serving a 135 year sentence and hundreds of retards continue to worship him
>>
File: Slavery.jpg (51KB, 556x378px) Image search: [Google]
Slavery.jpg
51KB, 556x378px
>>1779357
>mohammed=not black
Well, he did begin the massive African slave trade.
>>
>>1779357
Did you meet Melanin Warrior IRL?
>>
Kushite Pharaohs were black.
>>
>>1778911
Uneducated blacks take it seriously in the US. In the 'new south' cities especially.

>>1778959
The OP is from a show trying to claim Hannibal as black and has the most horseshit made up understanding of the punic wars to date.
>>
>>1778911
It's important in the media and nowhere else
>>
>>1784814
How is that any different from like the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses? They have equally ridiculous stuff.
The problem here is Americans, not black people.
>>
File: “Le-Mozart-Noir”.jpg (62KB, 635x391px) Image search: [Google]
“Le-Mozart-Noir”.jpg
62KB, 635x391px
>>1778911
>Is Black revisionism really a significant force in the US

It had been a fringe movement until Obama got elected, then it exploded and now anything and everything no matter how ridiculous is now being promoted as real history that was somehow suppressed by evil Whites for all these years.
>>
>>1786405
sure thing bud
>>
It's a meme, there's a vocal minority of blacks who do believe it, just like there's a vocal minority of whites who claim that greeks/romans were white aryans etc (but of course that never gets called out as much as black revisionists).

Also, some of the commonly posted pictures are false flags made by /pol/ and some other websites, so take it with a pinch of salt.
>>
>>1786316
>The problem here is Americans, not black people.

Rarely are such wise words spoken on this board.
>>
>>1782749
>Juan Garrido;
>He is credited with the first cultivation of wheat in the New World;
It's not even hard!
>>
File: download (3).jpg (11KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11KB, 194x259px
>>1778959
Louis latimer invented everything. EVERYTHING . This picture is pretty rational, but documentaries like hidden colors go crazy with this guy and George Washington carver.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.