[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please recommend me some sources that propose that Free Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1474335563922.jpg (41KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
1474335563922.jpg
41KB, 500x588px
Please recommend me some sources that propose that Free Will is real. I'm talking top philosophers, renowned scientists, documentaries and books.

Please, I'm so fucking paranoid that my life is just an illusion.
>>
File: vv.jpg (68KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
vv.jpg
68KB, 750x726px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Libet
>>
>>1778856
Fuck you.
>>
chill bro your life is just an illusion
your life, not you
>>
File: 1473446792365.jpg (47KB, 543x533px) Image search: [Google]
1473446792365.jpg
47KB, 543x533px
>>1778868
>chill bro your life is just an illusion
>your life, not you

What did he mean by this?
>>
I'm laying in bed naked. I am posting here now with my laptop.

To my right I have several empty cider bottles, and a half empty Jack Daniels. All bought this morning, and slowly drunken throughout the day. To my left I have a very large, very sharp knife. I am totally shitfaced.

I'm contemplating suicide. I'm very depressed because I'm terrified of the idea that I have no free will. That my current situation is beyond my control. There's no point to anything, and it all confounds upon eachother.

Please help me
>>
>>1778833
You act? You choose to act? There you go. Next youll askus to prove the computer in front of you is real.
Philosophy only analysis in a complex way what we already know and feel we just do it intuitivly as part of our existence in the world and being embedded in it.
Philosophers try to find justifications based on different narratives, today the prevailing narattive is the scientific method and repeatable experimentation.
Do you reeally need a trendy narrative to make you realize you are thinking about doing hings and then doing them?
Even if you accept humans as biological machines working according ot the rulesof nature you can still assign cause to humans much like you can then assign cause to the wind or to a volcanic eruption. Really every generation has its way of figuring out what is a proper cause for something. It used ot be the wrath of benevolence of personal diety while now its more impersonal forces and behind them even more of the same.
You can describe things fomr different perspectives and personaify even the most seemingly robotic of events and circumstances.
>>
Free will might be free but is it actually a will?
>>
Free will is an illusion. You in fact pick all possible choices simultaneously.

The idea of free will is because it is impossible to observe many-worlds, it is the explanation to why you ended up in this particular world of many worlds.

The idea of linear causality is a reaction to this because free will is obviously nonsensical. While causality is real, it does not manifest itself as most people believe where one event leads to another. One event in fact leads to all other possible outcomes.
>>
Humans have walked the earth for jundreds of thousands of years, existing within it.
Each period of time brings wih it new concepts or diferent interpretations of existing ones. Dont get caught up with semantics. Free will or not free will. the only negation of free will is the negation of the temporary current redefinition of the term.
>>
It doesn't matter, you'll always just do what you want
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.