[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early Middle Ages Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: jupiter.png (381KB, 830x974px) Image search: [Google]
jupiter.png
381KB, 830x974px
Early Middle Ages seems to be the most favored thread around here, from Anglo Saxons, to Late Rome and Byzantium, and the emergence of new religions and entities, so here's a thread for it?

What was your favorite group of people? Who had the nicest art, arms, and armor? Religious practices?
>>
File: forever young.jpg (183KB, 870x840px) Image search: [Google]
forever young.jpg
183KB, 870x840px
>What was your favorite group of people? Who had the nicest art, arms, and armor? Religious practices?
The Seljuk empire and Sultanate of Rum
>>
>>1777453
>Sultanate of Rum
This is a thousand times worse than the HRE.
>>
>>1777504
A thousand times worse than what?
>>
File: holyromanmemepire.png (1009KB, 760x920px) Image search: [Google]
holyromanmemepire.png
1009KB, 760x920px
>>1777505
The
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>>
File: Boipucci.jpg (35KB, 641x399px) Image search: [Google]
Boipucci.jpg
35KB, 641x399px
>>1777444
Oh shit, I'm sorry
>>
>>1777508
The what?
>>
>>1777453
Nigga you know nothing about turkish history step your shitposting up.
In the early middle ages there was the oghuz yagbu khanate in northern kazakhstan.
>>
File: kuffir.jpg (22KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
kuffir.jpg
22KB, 250x201px
>>1777534
No, I just mixed the Early midle ages wrong with the High Middle Ages as in spanning date.

So I'll instead go with the Gökturk Khaganate, but thanks for your concern about my turkic history knowledge.
>>
>>1777444
I wish we didn't live in an anglo-centric world, because late antiquity and early middle ages are my favourite periods but I couldn't care less about what was going on Great Britain at the time. With some exceptions worthy of mention literally the less interesting place (in the specific period) that comes to my mind to be honest.
>>
>>1777518
The Confederation of Duchies swearing fielty to a ineffective emperor, of which mostly were situated in Germania, but did at a time control northern Italy, and the holy city of Rome.
>>
File: Khosrow I.jpg (83KB, 668x662px) Image search: [Google]
Khosrow I.jpg
83KB, 668x662px
>>1777444
SASANIAN
S
H
A
H
A
N
S
H
A
H
>>
>>1777556
Nothing wrong with Anglo-Saxons my dude
>>
>>1777575
I just don't find them interesting or remarkable, or at least less interesting or remarkable than others since there's no really boring historical people for me. I could understand the british (and ex-colonies) thinking otherwise of course.
>>
>>1777592
understandable, ethnic history is usually the start of interest for most people?

what is your ethnicity? that would be a good place to spark curiosity.
>>
>>1777602
>>1777556
>late antiquity and early middle ages are my favourite periods
He just doesn't like Anglo-Saxons.
>>
>>1777657
"Barbarian" states in the west general are pretty boring and not my cup of tea, but I enjoy reading about the kingdoms of Franks, the Goths and the Vandals way more than anything that happens in Great Britain. Everything that happens there just feels completely irrelevant and unremarkable outside of Britain itself.
>>
Vikings.
>>
>>1777704
Despite the autistic rants against them, there's a lot of interest to be taken in North Germanic groups.
>>
>>1777682
Depends on what you mean. The Heptarchy was one of the few places in EMA Europe outside of Byzantium that wasn't a clusterfuck, it was very stable.
East Germanic kingdoms didn't last for very long.

IMO the Slavs don't get a lot of discussion.
>>
>>1777444
These are the best digits I have ever received on 4chan
>>
>>1777876
Both the extremes are pretty autistic
>>
>>1778425
Then you haven't seen these
>>
>>1778425
How long have you been here anon?
>>
>>1777444
The Byzantine Empire. Had they not been sacked in the fourth crusade, it is very likely they could've regained the lost lands in anatolia after the mongols fucked up the Turks.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.