[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reality infinite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1475456423722.jpg (66KB, 606x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475456423722.jpg
66KB, 606x1080px
Is reality infinite?
>>
File: gnosticsoul.jpg (111KB, 509x378px) Image search: [Google]
gnosticsoul.jpg
111KB, 509x378px
no
>>
>>1777424
how is it not?
>>
File: Dark_Energy.jpg (64KB, 608x514px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Energy.jpg
64KB, 608x514px
Depends who you ask.

Some say the Universe is ever expanding and the cosmic scale factor currently is at its greatest accelerated rate like a balkan whores anus after big Turkic dick has been inserted into it.
>>
>>1777446
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
ok I will meme hard here
> atoms are 99% empty space
>>
>>1777407
No
>>
>>1777407
>>>/sci/

Who am I kidding, not like we have mods on here anyway
>>
>>1777407
infinite benis lmao
>>
>>1777455

Not crazy at all. It really is pretty crazy when you think about this fact. When you touch something, you don't really touch it...

Any resistance you feel pressing on another object is the electromagnetic resistance of the atom's electron cloud.

Crazy to think that when I'm driving down the road, the tires and the road don't really touch...
>>
>>1777719
This is actually a philosophical question as well
>>
File: 3789347983479837983.png (187KB, 223x376px) Image search: [Google]
3789347983479837983.png
187KB, 223x376px
>>1777407
Which infinity are you talking about?
>>
>>1777988
They touch, their EM fields come into contact, the rest is just semantics.
>>
>>1778326

No matter touches. If you push two magnets near each other and they repel, are they touching?
>>
>>1778335
Yes, their EM fields significantly interact. Yeah yeah, i get it "woah dude, like, theyre not even touching". But without a doobie we all know what it's all about
>>
>>1778388

Just stop. Yes, we know they interact with each other and atoms don't slip through one another. You were wrong though.

Face it.
>>
>>1778326
To you feel comfortable with me touching you?

Because our EM fields are in contact too.
>>
>>1778416
>its not gay if it's outside 5 omega
>>
File: 1442195337785.jpg (2MB, 1234x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1442195337785.jpg
2MB, 1234x1755px
for one thing, >>>/sci/, but I don't mind and I'll answer anyway, I have some cosmology education.

so basically from what we can observe, the amount of space between large objects has been expanding for the last fourteen billion years. the numbers are as far as we can tell consistent in all directions. the background radiation from the big bang is also consistent in all directions. this leads to four possible conclusions:

1: the earth is the absolute center of the universe(if we were to move to another body and make the same observations, we would likely get the same results, which would debunk this obscenely unlikely hypothesis instantly. we simply have yet to do so. I would eat my own dick if this was reality.)

2: the universe has boundaries that are more than fourteen billion light years away in all directions, made of an unknown material if existing at all because we obviously have not observed such a thing

3: the universe is so incredibly large that we cannot tell for certain that there is a directional difference in expansion, suggesting an epicenter of the big bang. until we accumulate more data we cannot arrive at this conclusion.

4: the universe is infinite in all directions, and generally similar throughout. this is the hypothesis that is the most commonly and widely accepted in the cosmological community, and makes the most sense based off of what we've observed about expansion and background radiation.

so there you go, take your pick.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 457x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 457x600px
>>1777407

As far as you explore it, that's how far it goes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.