[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Esperanto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: esperanto.jpg (8KB, 606x402px) Image search: [Google]
esperanto.jpg
8KB, 606x402px
Meme or worthy of one's time?

I'd like to hear some opinions.

>inb4 good goy
>>
>>1776696
meme
the only use for it is to learn some volcabulary for germanic and romance languages which you could easily learn anyway if you study a germanic (that isn't english) or romance language
>>
>>1776696
>Universal mostly-romance based language
WE ALREADY HAVE LATIN
>>
>>1776696
I really like how it sounds. A mix of romance and slavic. Also, I really like the spirit in which it was founded. The grammar is very simple and logical, and can help you with other languages. Esperanto is pretty based, and I'd like it if it were more popular. Yeah, it's a meme.
>>
>worthy of one's time?
Not anymore. It was founded with the idea of becoming a universal language, and for a while, it still had that hype around it. If you believed in the possibility of that happening, it was worth learning. Now it doesn't; it never really took off, and the only reason people learn it now is to impress people.
>>
I don't think Esperanto will ever be more than some fun piece of trivia, mostly because it's a language that didn't grow organically
>>
File: SSRAT.jpg (15KB, 176x287px)
SSRAT.jpg
15KB, 176x287px
>>1776696
I still have a faint dream of learning Esperanto with my wife so we can talk around people like the Arabs, Hindi, and Spanish people in our area do, since so few people know Esperanto.
>>
>>1777170
more pic related.

We can do for Esperanto what the Jews did for Modern Hebrew when we establish the state of Nova Rodezio in the former Zimbabwe.
>>
>>1776696
For a conlang it sounds too much like romance crap its not really unique and werird like Turkish language.
>>
>>1776696
If you enjoy it, yeah, but it's not going useful outside of the conventions. It's a hobby and you meet people, but I wouldn't want to because Esperantists are the bronies of languages; they're very pushy and self righteous with a hint of an inferiority complex.

It might be okay to learn for teh lulz, but not much else. Also passporta servo could be useful.
>>
>>1777221
>>1777166
I'm be afraid it might damage my up-till-this-point basic Spanish skills. It this a justified fear?
>>
>>1776696
Go for Ido
>>1777371
Just keep them separate while you're studying and you shouldn't have too much trouble.
>>
>>1777371
I'd*
>>
>>1776696
Meme.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.