[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys to explain to me the difference between reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1474400853197.jpg (521KB, 1005x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1474400853197.jpg
521KB, 1005x1312px
Can you guys to explain to me the difference between reality and fantasy.

It seems a stupid and vague question, but I'm more serious than you think. Just give me your best answer.
>>
>>1776447
>can you guys explain
Fixed.
>>
>>1776447
>can you
>>
Reality doesnt go away when you stop thinking about it.
>>
File: your argument.png (251KB, 684x705px) Image search: [Google]
your argument.png
251KB, 684x705px
>>1776591
>>
File: 1346857785639.png (95KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
1346857785639.png
95KB, 192x279px
>>1776447
Reality is that which actually exists - all that is and has ever been. Fantasy is what is imagined.

As for where one ends and the other begins, it's debatable. Surely we can see things that are real but not necessarily all things we see are real. Things that are real can affect us, but then again so can things that are imagined like thoughts and ideas.

Imo, the best yardstick to measure how real something is is whether it persists without anyone thinking about it. Even if no one thinks about a meteor hurdling towards Earth, it's still going to hit Earth and destroy everyone. But if everyone was imagining a meteor hurdling towards Earth and freaking out about it, it would stop being a problem once everyone stopped thinking about it.

So basically in my view, the boundary between real and fantasy is that imaginary things can simply be forgotten about and will disappear. Real things will persist even if no one knows about them.

But then that begs the question: if no one knows about something, how can we know it still exists? Well, we can still measure its effects. We've known about the effects of Dark Matter for a long time but only recently has it been theorized to exist. Ancient peoples knew about the effects of viruses and microbes but didn't know they existed.

TL;DR the difference is that reality persists without anyone knowing or caring, while fantasy ceases to exist when someone stops thinking about it.
>>
>>1776599
Knowledge isn't based solely on what you can see
>>
>>1776614
rename that to "your field of knowledge"
>>
>>1776599
>>1776617

If you're going to argue from that point of view there is no argument to be had
>>
>>1776617
nazi gold.

>>1776614
wrong, anything I dont know about can't hurt me.
>>
>>1776629
You don't know about the tumor growing inside your left teste.
>>
>>1776665
dont manspalin my reality to me please
>>
>>1776447
Everything that is perceived is real. If it's something solid as rock or abstract as a dream, all of this can be perceived and influence the world you live.

>>1776607
This relates the material only and is bullshit in an universal pespective.
>>
>>1776447
dope image, shit post
>>
>>1776591
It actually does though. Reality is what is perceptible. If you stop your cognitive function then reality goes away. It's the same as fantasy
>>
>>1777471
No it doesn't. If you stop your cognitive function, then I remove your tonsils, and you resume your cognitive function, your tonsils are going to be gone. That's because it happened in reality, independent of your cognition.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.