[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short my great grandpa was a 32nd degree mason, a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: received_1136663816420489.jpg (108KB, 1080x1845px) Image search: [Google]
received_1136663816420489.jpg
108KB, 1080x1845px
Long story short my great grandpa was a 32nd degree mason, a murat shriner, and friends with John Barton, Mayor of indianapolis from 64 to 68.
I found this key at my great grandmother's while we were cleaning it out to be Givin to the bank since she isn't going to be able to come home. What I want to know is what is this? Is it worth anything? I probably won't sell it but it would be nice to know.
>>
Also, I guess local history and shit
>>
Really just looking for some history on this
>>
>>1770920
Between the seal, the name of the mayor, and the ceremonial shape to the bit, I'd say it's a key to the city.
>>
>>1770992
Well I know that it's some shit like that, but I know it isn't THE key obviously. It seems like a paper weight but it has to be collectable or something.
>>
>>1771022
>Well I know that it's some shit like that, but I know it isn't THE key obviously.
What did he mean by this?
>>
Most masonic stuff is semi mass produced. There's collectors who might be interested, especially with named people and stories attached, but something like that probably has more sentimental value than monetary.
>>
>>1771022
Keys to the city are like trophies. There's no THE key, it doesn't unlock anything and is given out repeatedly to honor citizens of various places all the time.
>>
>>1770920
was he the reason why indianapolis turned into a zoo full of niggers and white trash southerners?
>>
>>1771302
Well, he did build some shitty apartments
>>
If I were to sell it, does anyone know what I could get for it?
>>
>>1770920
Worth? Only what a collector would pay. Freedom of the city (keys to the city) like that would only be to the person it was given. So it's just a conversation piece.
And no, not Masonic, if that's what you were implying.
>>
>>1771795
>selling familial keepsakes
For shame.
>>
>>1771996
Just found it interesting, and I wouldn't sell it. I collect some stuff like that, I just like knowing the overall value. For some reason I can't find any information about it. I've been trying to research it and the only thing I can find is Reggie Wayne getting the key to Indianapolis in 2015, can't find any info on any other recipients of the key from 64 to 68
>>
>>1771047
I'm late replying on this, but I didn't know there could be multiple. Kinda stupid on my part.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.