[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most Aesthetic lifestyle Philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: 1451293681393.jpg (209KB, 1608x905px) Image search: [Google]
1451293681393.jpg
209KB, 1608x905px
What's the most Aesthetic lifestyle Philosophy?
>>
>>1768711
Transhumanism
>>
File: 1351707825138.jpg (1MB, 2194x2477px) Image search: [Google]
1351707825138.jpg
1MB, 2194x2477px
Moe is love; Moe is life.
>>
>>1768757
Excessive animu posters on walls are suffocatingly garish.
>>
Nihilism, but only when viewed from outside.
>>
>>1768901
That won't do, I'm looking for a path in life so i can live as aesthetically as possible
>>
File: 1474239072911.jpg (18KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
1474239072911.jpg
18KB, 480x471px
>>1768757
that pic
>>
File: 1438369017806.jpg (396KB, 2755x2292px) Image search: [Google]
1438369017806.jpg
396KB, 2755x2292px
>>1768747
This.
>>
>>1769119
>>1768747
how is that a lifestyle? seems like an interest, or at most a value
>>
>>1768711
The philosophy of Ares, then the philosophy of Dionysus.
>>
>>1769191
Isn't Dionysus just a representation of Hedonism?
It's certainly not Ares, not for my sensibilities. War and Spartan philosophy lack an emphasis on empathy, it's disciplinary and cold. It's not aesthetic at all.
same with stoicism, discipline and self-restraint just lowers the chaos of life, there's no beauty in a clear path with restraint in both tragedy and celebration.
>>
>>1768747
/thread
>>
Nietzsche's Dionysian philosophy. Rather than simply ignore questions of reason/ethics like the hedonist bogeyman does, he provides a rational refutation (well, more that they should be subsumed under the instincts) of them. It's not even so much as constructing an aesthetic philosophy as much as realising that aesthetics is highest form of flourishing in human life, it is most true to the spirit (or, 'character' if such a word triggers you) of life itself.

>>1769191
>>1769254
>Stoic and Epicurean. The Epicurean selects the situations, the persons, and even the events which suit his extremely sensitive, intellectual constitution; he renounces the rest that is to say, by far the greater part of experience because it would be too strong and too heavy fare for him. The Stoic, on the contrary, accustoms himself to swallow stones and vermin, glass splinters and scorpions, without feeling any disgust: his stomach is meant to become indifferent in the end to all that the accidents of existence cast into it: he reminds one of the Arabic sect of the Assaua, with which the French became acquainted in Algiers; and like those insensible persons, he also likes well to have an invited public at the exhibition of his insensibility, the very thing the Epicurean willingly dispenses with: he has of course his "garden"! Stoicism may be quite advisable for men with whom fate improvises, for those who live in violent times and are dependent on abrupt and change able individuals. He, however, who anticipates that fate will permit him to spin " a long thread," does well to make his arrangements in Epicurean fashion; all men devoted to intellectual labour have done it hitherto! For it would be a supreme loss to them to forfeit their fine sensibility, and to acquire the hard, stoical hide with hedgehog prickles in exchange.

>>1769339
Scifi degenerates who seek salvation in the future are just Christians in urban outcast skins. Read 'On the Genealogy of Morality'.
>>
Aestheticism
>>
>>1769398
That's not really a lifestyle philosophy, more like a motive
>>
>>1769376
>The Stoic, on the contrary, accustoms himself to swallow stones and vermin, glass splinters and scorpions, without feeling any disgust
stopped reading. Without feeling disgust there can be no beauty
>>
Fuck you op go figure it out for yourself
>>
>>1769376
>Aesthetics is highest form of flourishing in human life
I'd be inclined to agree. However if you mean to say that it is vice versa, like
>Flourishing of human life is the highest form of aesthetics
I'd be inclined to disagree, it's like saying "blue is the best color of the palette and I don't need green red and yellow"
>>
>>1768711
A lot of Asiatic philosophies. Sufi dervish, Buddhist monk, Shaolin monk, shaman, Christian monk. There's also the primitivist lifestyle. Or you could be a meme following fag and try living like Diogenes.
http://gizmodo.com/if-you-dont-see-these-as-the-beginning-of-a-promising-f-513738905
>>
>>1769513
And what if, by becoming accustomed to the disgust, one is able to transcend it; temper it at first with the recognition of the beauty in it and leading to the point of not recognizing it as disgust any longer, but entirely as a beauty?
>>
Nigerian tribe chieftain.
>>
>>1769938
Then you have lost a nuance, a letter in the alphabet of the aesthetic script. Generally words like transcendence means to cast things aside, to go beyond it. it does not make something more beautiful. This goes for all impulses and emotions.
>>
>>1769376
>Scifi degenerates who seek salvation in the future are just Christians in urban outcast skins. Read 'On the Genealogy of Morality'.

you can go on with your blabla but our salvation is something very practical and it will come.
>>
>>1770023
this desu senpai
>>
>>1769513
Maybe if you weren't such a knee-jerk retard you'd realise the passage basically recommends Epicurean dispositions over Stoicism when it comes to aesthetics. While at the same time it gives the latter credit where it's due.

>>1769571
Because the dichotomy is ultimately arbitrary to a degree I'd say both statements are true. I think your disagreement stems from a misunderstanding of what flourishing is. I don't mean a life free of troubles, basically a life full of calm blueness (to use your example). Instead the highest kind of flourishing would arguably what makes use of those declining factors (the browns, the blacks, the sickly yellows) and turns them to its advantage: overcoming. Is that not what is understood by the term 'Tragedy'?

>>1769884
I see a folkish current throughout your recommendations. I think traditionalist aesthetics was only great when the only other comparison to it was the primeval. Compared to higher civilisations like aristocracy or urban/technological it only seems ignorant.

>>1770023
This thread isn't about the salvation of masses or pragmatism or future utopias though, it's about aesthetics.
>>
>>1770677
>>1770677
>I think your disagreement stems from a misunderstanding of what flourishing is.
Wouldn't you say that flourishing is a binary with the other side being decay? or if not decay, at least flourish is a direction that must necessarily have an opposite direction. I think that decay is a key tool for the most aesthetic world, as I said, a color in the palette. an image of death and a falling empire can be just as touching as a portrayal of an utopian society, even if that utopian society isn't without nuance. or a better example, someone succumbing to grief is just as valid to my sensibilities as someone overcoming it.
>>
>>1770715
>Wouldn't you say that flourishing is a binary with the other side being decay?
I'll agree with that.

>I think that decay is a key tool for the most aesthetic world, as I said, a color in the palette
Of course, if it is the opposite of flourishing, then it allows flourishing to be discernible at all (through contrast).

>an image of death and a falling empire can be just as touching as a portrayal of an utopian society, even if that utopian society isn't without nuance. or a better example, someone succumbing to grief is just as valid to my sensibilities as someone overcoming it.
I still think the reason those examples of decay you give can be strong examples of art is because despite their overall character there is some kind of flourishing to be appreciated here, even if it is just the virtuosity of the artist depicting it. Would it not be difficult for an artist to remain determined and strong while concerning himself with subjects that reflect the opposite ('succumbing')? If the art itself was decadent it would repel us through its amateur or tasteless style. When it is the opposite (healthy, masterful), it can redeem anything.

Although to be more subtle, I don't think that obviously decadent subjects are necessarily the best subject matter for great art. Maybe subtly decadent subjects are even better. Classicism and the Hellenes are generally considered more tasteful than realism and the romantic/moderns for example.
>>
>>1770788
>Would it not be difficult for an artist to remain determined and strong while concerning himself with subjects that reflect the opposite ('succumbing')?
sure, but I'm not sure that analogy really carries to lifestyle philosophy, although it's probably not desirable for most. I'm getting strangely really dizzy so I'm gonna lie down and convince myself I'm dying. Good talk anon, thanks for humoring me.
>>
Neetism
>>
>>1771080
Apart from the barbaric characteristics of NEETs, when you combine the group with the related hipsters and hippies,I can see them as the new aristocracy. They have the free time and freedom required. And even look attractive when compared to the new rich or impotent academia.
>>
Futurism.
>>
File: Zanardi-Hospital.jpg (78KB, 570x516px) Image search: [Google]
Zanardi-Hospital.jpg
78KB, 570x516px
>>1769119
>>
File: Thoreau Walden.jpg (1MB, 1400x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Thoreau Walden.jpg
1MB, 1400x1114px
>>1768711
Transcendentalism, of course.
>>
>>1769165
it'll be a lifestyle by the time you're an old man.
>>
>>1771120
yeah by that point I think I would prefer to use my arms and get in a wheelchair.
>>
>>1771259
Depends on how much assistance the crutches really need to give
>>
File: 1438369429005.jpg (1MB, 1584x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1438369429005.jpg
1MB, 1584x1920px
>>1771120
>shit-tier low tech prosthetics
What is this, 2005?
>>
>>1769254
>Isn't Dionysus just a representation of Hedonism?
No. Dionysus is a god of madness, ecstatic dance, liberation, and the abyss. His other names have been Acratophorus (giver of unmixed wine - as in unrestrained, pure), Chthonios (the subterranean), Eleutherios (the liberator), and Lyaeus (loosener). He is not so much JUST about the intoxicating fun of life, but rather, the liberating process to reach that level of unrestrained intoxication, and the chaos that it casts into the world.
>>
>>1771307
That's pretty aesthetic
>>
I read a lot of stuff as a child. More than now
>>
>>1768711
Chrischanism
>>
>>1769376
There are two forms of transhumanism, one is christianity, one is the tool of the overman. Not only may he create new values, but new life itself.
>>
>>1768711
Punk
>>
>>1772551
Say that to my face, see what happens
>>
>>1771307
does that philosophy have a name? an ism? I have a superficial need to label myself
>>
>>1771307
Thanks for clearing that up, anon. I have a new appreciation of the band Urfaust now
>>
>>1768711
Normie wagecuck life
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.