[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chechen wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 20141211114337373734_20.jpg (58KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
20141211114337373734_20.jpg
58KB, 800x450px
How come there's barely any sort of coverage of the Chechen wars, especially the second one?
The first time I found out about it I couldn't believe all the photos from that period.
What's your take on this, /his/?
>>
>Why wouldn't the Russians release more info about how they killed a shitload of civilians?
>>
The second one was a lot shorter and not a "big" as the Russians just bulldozed everything down while the first Russians found it very difficult to tackle Chechen guerrillas and keep Grozny due to factors of the collapsing soviet union.
>>
File: kuffir.jpg (22KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
kuffir.jpg
22KB, 250x201px
IIRC the Second War had alot of muslim expats from the ME fighting as "muh"-jahdeens and some of the leaders were fucking Saudis.

Which would explain why they lost so bad compared to the K/D ratio of the First war.
>>
>>1765330

They still haven't declassified all their WW2 documents yet.
>>
>>1765401
And with good reason, the Russians have forced the Chechens to fight mostly in open fields, rendering their guerrilla-styled warfare obsolete.
>>
>>1765330
Why has there been so many chechen threads lately.

Are these just honeypot threads to meme on slavs?
>>
>>1765353
Because chechens cant be civilians.
>>
>>1765401
>Which would explain why they lost so bad compared to the K/D ratio of the First war.

Or rather because Russia is not some dumb zerg rush nation and actually learns and adapts from past experiences.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyKoYEjq7GE
>>
>>1765401
"alot of muslim expats from the ME" is an exaggeration. The war was mostly Chechens vs Chechens. Pro russian Chechens against Chechen separatists.

>>1765460
Yeah, "forced". Russia bombed the shit out of the cities and villages. Killing more than 100 000 civilians.

>>1765461
I like them. Even if most of them have some butthurt Russians in there.
>>
File: grozny1.jpg (153KB, 650x478px) Image search: [Google]
grozny1.jpg
153KB, 650x478px
It is utterly surreal seeing and hearing about the devastation caused to Chechenya after the second war; that for years to come there were still resistance fighters living in the ruins of Grozny, and how something like 50% of all buildings were destroyed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.