[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are Iraqis? Are they arabized sumerians/babylonions? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: 1458416345672.png (105KB, 1030x727px) Image search: [Google]
1458416345672.png
105KB, 1030x727px
What are Iraqis?

Are they arabized sumerians/babylonions? It's where those civilizations were, after all.

Are they arabized persians? The area spent a lot of time under Persian control and the Sassanid capitol was pretty close to modern Baghdad.

Are they just the descendants of northern arab migrations? They were the first stop when islam started to spread out of the peninsula, after all.
>>
File: artistic.jpg (60KB, 460x364px) Image search: [Google]
artistic.jpg
60KB, 460x364px
They are part of the victorious Arab tribes that conquered Mesopotamia/Levant that would mix with the local semites/persians and later become it's brightest Arab tinkers as they settled in the Islamic capital of the World.

Unlike the shitty ones currently making up the Arabian penninsula and Gulf states.
>>
>>1757772

I've heard it said that the Egyptians of today are basically the same people as the ancient Egyptians. So this does not also apply to Mesopotamia? Did all those ancient semitic people die out?
>>
File: knowledge is the true virtue.jpg (75KB, 695x421px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge is the true virtue.jpg
75KB, 695x421px
>>1758913
Of course not, their genetic heirtage lives on, mixed or not.

But their entire identity is long gone and whats left are arabs.
To call them anything else would be insulting towards them cause there are no "WE WUZ URUK N SHEIT" arabs like modern white people cling to Romans or modern greeks to ancient greeks, whom were Turkic.
>>
>>1757735
>Are they arabized sumerians/babylonions?
Yes
>Are they arabized persians?
kinda' Mesopotamia wasn't the original heartland of the Persians but in most Persian empires it was certainly a major center.

Mostly I'd say they are Arabized Mespotamians and Arabized Persianized Mespotamians.

Arab isn't race, its a culture group. In early every place the Muslims went to the Arabs were a minority in a sea of people. However becoming Muslim lifted tax burdens, most people would then give themselves Muslim (Arab) names, and the religion of both the state and the religion was Arabic. Thus in a few 100 years you'd have people that claimed they were Arab. Also in early Islam converts were looked down upon. There were records of when certain families converted. I'd be better to say you were an Arab rather than a Babylonian convert.
>>
>>1757735
All of the above
>>
File: marsh arabs.jpg (168KB, 720x401px) Image search: [Google]
marsh arabs.jpg
168KB, 720x401px
How are Marsh Arabs not just Sumerians when they basically still live the same way?
>>
File: sumeria3.jpg (59KB, 800x354px) Image search: [Google]
sumeria3.jpg
59KB, 800x354px
>>1758968
>>
>>1758975

WE
>>
Iraqis are basically arabized Mesopotamians

Check out the Marsh Arabs in particular
>>
South: Marsh Arabs.
North: Kurds and christianized Chaldeans.
>>
File: MFW a Turk speaks near me.png (1MB, 1494x738px) Image search: [Google]
MFW a Turk speaks near me.png
1MB, 1494x738px
>>1758932

>modern greeks to ancient greeks, whom were Turkic.

WE WUZ PHILOSOPHERS N SHIET
>>
File: balkan pol kul.jpg (137KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
balkan pol kul.jpg
137KB, 800x820px
>>1759304
>>
>>1758975
>website is called REAL history
Great source
>>
>>1757735
The idea of Iraq as a nation or identity rather than an administrative division is a fiction. It is in truth chunks of the peripheries of other groups, the Kurds in the north, Sunni Arabs in the west, etc. that were lumped together administratively by various historical empires such as the Ottomans, Europeans, various claimed Caliphates etc. Because the Tigris and Euphrates rivers made it sensible for multi-national empires to administrate around. In this ae of Nation-States however those rules no longer apply and you get the mess we have now. An entity like Iraq is not supposed to exist outside the context of a larger empire.
>>
>>1758950
Weren't Iraqis considered Arab before Islam?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.