[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Goths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (973KB, 1319x1788px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
973KB, 1319x1788px
I know they sacked Rome. What else can y'all tell me about them? Anything interesting to read about them in?
>>
They are pretty much a bunch of tribals who were so brutal, everyone feared them, similar to how people saw the scotts. Eventually, they fueded amongst themselves so much, they either became or were assimilated into other germanic cultures.

T. Goth descendant
>>
File: 187532santap.jpg (586KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
187532santap.jpg
586KB, 1200x800px
>>1755089
>bunch of tribals who were so brutal
why did such tribal people have this built?
>>
>>1755101
Source so I can check facts? I mean tribals do not have to be 100% technologically inept. Tribalism is a form of government too.
>>
File: Laughing Lords.jpg (50KB, 464x444px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Lords.jpg
50KB, 464x444px
>>1755089
>were so brutal, everyone feared them
>similar to how people saw the scotts
>>
File: Theodric.png (73KB, 448x916px) Image search: [Google]
Theodric.png
73KB, 448x916px
>>1755041
They followed Jesus.
>>
>>1755136
sant'apollinare nuovo in Ravenna

Zeno (byzantine) gave Ravenna to Theodoric (pic is of Theodoric)
>>
>>1755175
this pic
>>
>>1755089
>>1755136

the term germanic tribes is a bit inaccurate for most of their history especially the era the goths starred. Nations or confederations us more accurate.

Goths and migration era germanics were basically modelling their societal hierarchies off the romans. Traditional germanic societies were forest communes of savage ecological hippies where the clan was the center/unit of life and possesions and land were distributed evenly.
>>
>>1755089
you're fucking retarded

Muh heritage fags i swear to god
>>
They used to be a minor threat against the Romans, then the Romans killed Stilicho and went on a killing spree murdering the women and children of their Germanic levies. This lead to all those Germanic levies running to seek safety at Alaric I, the Goths now becoming a major threat and being able to sack Rome.
>>
>>1755041
They were the product of Christian Rome's immigrants integration and diversity cred.
>>
>>1755496
a.k.a leftist self-hating Romans.
>>
>>1755436
Thank you for educating me good sir.
>>1755175
recognised. Thank you. I never knew about this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.