[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akhenaten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (32KB, 350x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 350x532px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
File: Aten.jpg (115KB, 470x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aten.jpg
115KB, 470x300px
>>1754646
The priests of Amen in Thebes was becoming extremely powerful, undermining royal power. it was likely to be in part at least an attempt to take away their power
>>
>>1754658
>>1754646

He was a religious zealot first and foremost, the fact that his reforms removed power from his rivals was a happy accident, he would have tried to covert is country to Atenism even if doing so somehow strengthened the priests (if they all just converted em-mass or something)
>>
he got infected by thoughtvirus of ancient alien squid planet eaters from the inner space and become their channeling tool.

t. Person that only learned about him from videogames.
>>
>>1754658
The fact that he was able to essentially (albeit temporarily) change the entire religion of Egypt and potentially conceived of it as merely a solution to a political problem really exemplifies to me just how powerful and influential the pharaoh as a figure was. Really fascinating to think about.
>>
>>1754658
I don't think it was something as simple as that. Akhenaten was obsessed with his religion, neglecting the affairs of the realm just to focus on his Aten worship.

As one user above noted, the fact that it took power away from rival factions was just a happy accident.
>>
>>1754684
What evidence is there that he neglected concerns other than his cult? the amarna letters show that international correspondences at least continued during his reign
>>
There's some claims that Psalm 104 is quite similar to the Great Hymn to Aten, and potentially copied from it. What do you think, /his/? Personally I find it much less convincing than the psalm parallels to Ugarit texts. It's seems almost too convenient to say that Jewish monotheism came from Aten, but that's how it appears to me. I'll list some of the supposed parallels for you to compare:

>How many are your deeds … You made the earth as you wished, you alone, All peoples, herds, and flocks. – to Aten
>O YHWH, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. to YHWH

>When you set in western lightland, Earth is in darkness as if in death – to Aten
>You make darkness, and it is night, when all the animals of the forest come creeping out. – to YHWH

>Every lion comes from its den – to Aten
>The young lions roar for their prey .. when the sun rises, they withdraw, and lie down in their dens. – to YHWH
>>
File: A K H N T N.png (191KB, 151x323px) Image search: [Google]
A K H N T N.png
191KB, 151x323px
>>1754646

THE SACERDOTAL CLASS OF AMON CULTISTS, AND ITS COLLABORATORS.
>>
>>1754746

JUDAISM DOES NOT DERIVE FROM ATENISM; THE FACT THAT JEWS PLAGIARIZED THE HYMNS TO ATEN MERELY INDICATES THAT THEY ADAPTED THEM TO THEIR DEITY.
>>
>>1754658
the priest of amun was always extremly powerful, he was just crazy because of his father who used to dress up as aten every year in an elaborate celebration and he begin to see himself as son of god
>>
>>1754765
Calm down man.
>>
>>1754787

I INFER THAT YOU EQUATE UPPERCASE LETTERING WITH "YELLING"; IF SO, YOU ARE AN IGNORANT MORON; I AM CALMER THAN YOU WILL EVER BE.
>>
>>1754765
Sure thing buddy
>>
>>1755118
>>1754787

Jesus Christ will you morons learn not to feed the retard? He has autism, what's your excuse?
>>
>>1754658
I wonder how many people here realize that the priests of Amun were the ancestors of the priesthood class of the Jews
>>
>>1755118
The Israelites would have still been polytheistic at the time of Akhenaten. They wouldn't copy monotheism from the Zoroastrians until about 800 or so years later when Cyrus the Great shreks Babylon.

Now, could the Israelites have had some kind of cultural contact with Egypt? Sure, the Egyptians knew there were plenty of smelling Semitic Barbarians to the north and even used the Israelites as pawns in the great game of "Pit the barbarians against each other so they don't fuck everythhing up" that every civilization does. But I'd say the Psalm being directly taken from Aten's hymn is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>1754806
The whole internet equates uppercase lettering with yelling and always has.

You can refuse to adapt to convention but that makes you a moron, not anyone else.

YOU FUCKING GOT THAT NAMEFAG?

See the difference?

Welcome to the internet.
>>
File: akhnatontall.gif.jpg (19KB, 201x500px) Image search: [Google]
akhnatontall.gif.jpg
19KB, 201x500px
>>1754646
THICC
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.