[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are atheists real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 24

File: jeebus.jpg (78KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
jeebus.jpg
78KB, 850x400px
Are atheists real?
>>
>Atheists
>hate god
uh?
>>
Do those other concepts control anyone's whole lifestyles though? Although I have known girls who were super into fairy lore and all that. It does get genuinely creepy at a certain point.
>>
I hate unicorns, they are gay and too hyped for a just horse with fucking horn. Moose can have two horns and where is his fans?
>>
If the belief in leprechauns and fairies affected my life directly you better be sure I'd be pissed off about it.
>>
>Ray Cumfart
Nothing to see itt, please move on.
>>
>>1750857
Do you believe in Allah (pbuh), if no than your more or less a an atheist
>>
>>1750861
Fpbp
>>
He is such a bad apologist. It's still funny to see him corner guys like Thunderf00t though.
>>
If god does exist, why shouldn't Leprechauns, Unicorns and Fairies exist?
>>
>>1752749

Why does the existence of god necessitate the existence of leprechauns, unicorns, and fairies?
>>
When the belief in a higher power affects others negatively, then we're allowed to have an opinion of an imaginary figure. Millions have died from this caricature, so we're allowed to be pissed about it.
>>
>>1750857
Yes.
>>
>>1752787
Because both are absurd, unproveable claims. If one can exist, why can't the other? However, if you deny the existence of these mythical creatures because they lack of evidence of existence then you must also dismiss the existence of God.
>>
File: EMGNtradingspouses7[1].gif (942KB, 245x183px) Image search: [Google]
EMGNtradingspouses7[1].gif
942KB, 245x183px
God seems pretty cool, I just hate Christians 2bh.
>>
File: 1473913504283.jpg (40KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
1473913504283.jpg
40KB, 576x472px
>You can only hate real things
>Atheists hate god
>therefore god is real

checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>1752863

Both are only subjectively absurd to you. I could say that airplanes are absurd and because you believe they exist you must also believe there are invisible alien ships currently flying around the planet. I don't believe in unicorns because there is no good reason to believe they exist but I believe in god because there are good reasons to believe he exists. God is the best explanation for the existence of the universe, the apparent fine-tuning, and the existence of moral truths. That's the difference.
>>
>>1750857
It's an interesting question. There are indications that if you put an "atheist" on a polygraph and he denies he believes there is a God, that response is deceptive.

He's lying.
>>
>>1752938
> God is the best explanation for the existence of the universe, the apparent fine-tuning, and the existence of moral truths

Elaborate.
>>
>>1752938
>God is the best explanation for the existence of the universe, the apparent fine-tuning, and the existence of moral truths. That's the difference.
Well you are wrong, God is just a simplistic extrapolation of anthropological bias, in fact it's one of the weakest explanations for anything. You shouldn't accuse others of being subjective if you yourself rely entirely on Lack of Imagination fallacy.
>>
>>1752953

Do your own research. I don't talk about that stuff with people that aren't already familiar with the argument because things get very stupid very quickly. It's a guarantee that as soon as I start explaining the cosmological argument somebody will start arguing in favor of the steady state universe or something equally stupid.
>>
>>1752953
The sentence literally speaks for itself. Read it many, many times until it sinks in.
>>
>>1752966
God is a title; that title belongs to the one who made the universe. That title belongs to Elohim, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

And there's the tricky part.

Whether you believe it or not.
>>
>>1752979
>God is a title; that title belongs to the one who made the universe
So Jews worship the big bang?
>>
>>1752985
Your mom worships my big bang
>>
>>1752974
Are you advocating for rote litany of assertions as a valid way to determine truth?

Are you a scientologist?
>>
>>1752970
>>1752974
I fucking hate this board. Why does it attract so many braindead Christfags? What moral truths? What fine-tuning? Because if you actually took a moment to understand basic biology you would understand that most creatures, including humans are extremely flawed and have many components and processes that are sometimes even detrimental to our own existence. That doesn't sound like fine-tuning to me. Especially for creatures that are supposed to be made in His image.
>>
>>1752938
God literally explains nothing.
>>
File: Cosmic-Fine-Tuning.png (27KB, 1255x663px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic-Fine-Tuning.png
27KB, 1255x663px
>>1753010
> fine-tuning
Maybe it is cosmological fine tuning?
>>
>>1753010
>including humans are extremely flawed and have many components and processes that are sometimes even detrimental to our own existence. That doesn't sound like fine-tuning to me

It shouldn't sound like fine-tuning because that's not what fine-tuning is. This is precisely why I don't discuss them with random people on the internet. Nobody wants to put in the work to understand it.
>>
>>1752979
> the one
Universe was made by thousands of Gods working together, if you really want to know the truth.
>>
>>1752985
Most Jews don't worship anyone; the ones who think they do are kidding themselves.

But yes, the God of the Jews, YHWH, is Elohim, the Creator.
>>
>>1753013
He explains how the universe was created; he created it.

He explains how; he spoke it into existence.

He explains from where he created it; the third heaven.

He explains why; for us to live and get to know him.

God explains everything; you don't know anything because you're not reading what God told his people is true. You're living like an animal, by your five senses.
>>
>>1753027
>I can't actually logically explain my argument so I'm going to call you too stupid or lazy to understand it

All I'll ask you for is one concrete example. What am I supposed to be looking for Enlightened One?
>>
>>1753021
The cosmological constant cannot vary more than 1 part in 10^120 or there is no life.

That's a little more than "fine tuning".
>>
>>1753028

Your opinion differs from God's.
>>
>>1753027
>fine tuning
>99% of species just on this planet have become extinct
>trillions of utterly uninhabitable planets in the universe
God is clearly either an awful designer, or a capricious monster if he exists.
>>
>>1753041
If God created the Universe than who created the God?
>>
>>1753027
What a self serving paradigm you got there. How dare others inquire about thy royal opinions without first having the courtesy of reading your mind and agreeing with you.
Really harkens back to the ol Divine Mystery Revelation gimick.
Why bring it up if you are going to act coy about it.
>>
>>1753044
>>1753051

You motherfuckers are embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg
>>
>>1753050
I confirmed with God via prayer and he told me via divine revelation that I'm right and you are wrong.

Sorry bucko.
>>
>>1753061

You don't need to agree with me, you just to demonstrate some level of understanding.
>>
>>1753053

Who told you God was a created being?
>>
Materialists on suicide watch.

Also, I guarantee consciousness and atheism are inversely proportional so in that sense no, atheists aren't real. There's no reason to believe that we're all equally conscious, not even Buddhists believe that. So when an atheist says he's just a conglomeration of atoms being run by automatic chain reactions he's actually telling the truth as far he's concerned.
>>
>>1753041
> he spoke it into existence.
What does it even means? That an our universe is actually word of God? Like we are just characters in a book? How it is different... from being danced into existence? One cryptic phrase doesn't count as explanation if you couldn't... explain it further.
>>
>>1753041
Those are just pat answers, not explanations.

You are like a child or retarded person, or perhaps senile with dementia.
>>
>>1753074
Super God that created a God.
>>
>>1753079
Jesus says that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

An infinite being speaking with infinite power into an infinite space; what would that look like?
>>
>>1753077
> Materialists on suicide watch.
Nice try, but there is no need for God even if you deny materialism all together.
>>
>>1753063
I got 40 seconds in. Just because something is not probable doesn't mean it didn't happen naturally. That's like saying that me winning the lottery proves that the person running the lottery rigged it in my favor. Maybe that is true, but it's still not actual proof or evidence.
>>
>>1753081
That's because you're assuming that I, a poster, am telling you these things are true.

They come from God, through his prophets and through his son, and I am merely relaying them to you.

Whereas you merely speak your own opinions, based on nothing.
>>
>>1753082
I'd play it safe and worship God, were I you. If there is a Super God who God is not aware of, you are also not aware of him.
>>
>>1753063
THIS was your smug secret, bargain basement ID?
No wonder you tried to evade questions.
>>
>>1753087
God is life; God is reality. You're going to see God face to face one day, and your preparations for that day so far are pitiful.
>>
>>1753095

You should watch the rest so you can feel like a jackbass.
>>
>>1753063
No. Attempt something, anything, enough times, no matter how low the probability of success is, eventually all parameters will be met.
>>
>>1753096
If you want to roleplay you should go to /tg/ or /qst/
>>
>>1753103

>The fine-tuning argument is a secret

This is what atheists actually believe.
>>
>>1753063

The problem with this is that people are horrendous at understand statistics and odds, and even with the mental pictures they will cling to the 1 in 10^120 as though that 1 were actually possible.

Anything over 1 in 10^40 is ludicrous and doesn't exist.
>>
>>1753113
I can quote the bible, if you'd like. It was around before I was, demonstrating that what I am telling you was not generated by me.
>>
>>1753109

Or you could just say you believe the multiverse theory is the best explanation for the fine-tuning. Welcome to philosophy 101. For your next assignment I want to you to explain why this wouldn't violate Occam's razor since it requires many more assumptions.
>>
>>1753114
I'm not saying its a secret, I'm saying you danced around like it was a secret, in your misplaced arrogance.
>>
>>1753084
> what would that look like?
I don't know... You are the one with *explanations*.
So... Universe is the story that told by God or it is nothing like that? You should been able to answer direct question if your explanations has any of real weight. What is your answer?
>>
>>1753126

I didn't dance around anything. I clearly said that I don't discuss those sorts of arguments with people that clearly have no understanding of what they're talking about.
>>
>>1753125

It's not even a theory. It's barely a hypothesis. It's just something to cling to because you're in rebellion against God and "God did it" is anathema to you.
>>
>>1753099
Super God can made you aware of him directly, bypassing awareness of a regular God. There is actually no safe play, sadly.
>>
>>1753142

I think you misread what I said. I think god is the best explanation for the fine-tuning and in that post I'm indirectly saying that the multiverse theory violates Occam's razor.
>>
File: 1467859504858.jpg (2MB, 2352x2959px) Image search: [Google]
1467859504858.jpg
2MB, 2352x2959px
>>1753106
Okay, even if it was intelligent design, that still doesn't state what kind of intelligent design it was. Why does the existence of intelligent design prove that a single, Judeo-Christian God exists? I think that's a far stupider leap to make than just accepting absurd probability.
>>
>>1753120
Come on now, you are a full grown adult human being, you have a brain, you (probably) have some sense of self respect or dignity, you are responsible for what you choose to do with your life. At some point in your past you got suckered into devoting your free time to repeating McChristian Southern Baptist YEC cult shit on this imageboard for literally months with no hint of irony. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. Repeating some cult mantras with conviction at me isn't impressive at all. Nothing you say will get people to convert to your cult, I really wish you would come to grips with this fact (for no other reason than maybe you would shut the fuck up and never post here again).
>>
>>1753104
Stop fear mongering. God is omnipresent and that means that we face him directly, all the time. If by any mistake, you are blind to His presence, enjoy your existence in Hell, God denier.
>>
>>1753156
I thought I was expanding on what you had said. I intended to, anyways.
>>
>>1753157
Because Jesus rose from the dead.

Leap.
>>
>>1753157
>Why does the existence of intelligent design prove that a single, Judeo-Christian God exists?

You would have to examine the other classical theist and Christian arguments for that. You're essentially asking me why the theory of plate tectonics doesn't explain the existence of gravity. That's not what the theory of plate tectonics is for just as the teleological argument isn't meant to tell us that Christianity is real.
>>
>>1753162

My mistake then
>>
>>1753156
The multiverse theory is no more a complicated theory requiring assumptions than believing God is responsible for the creation of everything. For God, you must believe in the existence of a being who exists outside of time, who has always existed, will never cease to exist, has omnipotence, omniscience and the whole shebang. And he does this so that billions of years later he can reveal himself to some illiterate desert dwellers, flawed beings somehow made in this supreme beings image. I can't possibly believe such a tremendously tenuous explanation.
>>
File: popup_3.jpg (42KB, 601x313px) Image search: [Google]
popup_3.jpg
42KB, 601x313px
>>1753116
> Anything over 1 in 10^40 is ludicrous and doesn't exist.
This is retarded, because probability of an event is an arbitrary number that could be claimed to be as small, as you want by choosing biased probability space.
>>
File: occam.png (25KB, 1121x319px) Image search: [Google]
occam.png
25KB, 1121x319px
>>1753156
> The multiverse theory violates Occam's razor.
>>
>>1753158
Sure. Just as you provide me with satisfying answers to the deepest questions humanity faces:

Origin
Conciousness
Purpose
Destiny
>>
>>1753160
Jesus is God. You will see Jesus face-to-face, in your existence.

The funny thing to me is that Job figured that out on his own, and his book has been published for 4,000 years.

And you still don't know it.
>>
>>1753309
There's only 10^80 atoms in the universe.

The chance that something will happen being 1 in 10^40 is ludicrous.
>>
>>1750857
No, they are not real, because the very question they might pose is simply stupid: how can something that doesn't exist be questioned to exist?
In fact "Atheist" might just be another word to define "normal".
Obviously these phrases were just put tere to overheat stupid religious fags.
God doesn't exist no matter how hard you try to feed your own delusions.
Demostrate me that pagan Gods are not real: you can't!
Therefore you deem as false something you don't actually know about and you have no idea if it is false or true: the whole religion thing is extremely autistic, but humanity is going over this problem aswell with some intelligence.
In fact Christianity is dying off really quick.

Remember: religions haven't done anything than setting development back, religion is a poison that prevents the man from searching answers and leaves it in its happy delusion were "everything will be fine if i'm not a crimilan" and "death is just another coming to life".
>>
>>1753346
Did you even know a basic math? Just collision of any chosen pair of atoms holds literally ~10^80^80 probability. It is much more probable than 10^40 in like gorillions of times.
>>
>>1753363
Who's talking about atoms colliding?
>>
File: Bernkastel.png (123KB, 196x277px) Image search: [Google]
Bernkastel.png
123KB, 196x277px
>>1753346
> ludicrous
Random chess position has 5x10^49 probability to happen. You can literally put two random chess AI against each other and see *miracles* happen 24 hours at day. It is a pretty small probability on the grand scale. The true bullshit starts from 10^10^10 and beyond.
>>
>>1753370
This is event that happens and you can define that event to have 1 in 10^80^80 probability. Universally it is still possible and not even that interesting.
>>
>>1753336
I already seen Jesus. Every faithful Christian seen him from the beginning. Did you paid attention to a world around you, anon? How could you miss him?
>>
>>1750857
Ken Ham and Ray Comfort are bantmasters the yanks got butthurt at.
>>
Ironically this "Fine Tuning" argument is actually just marveling that WE HUMANS exist, then with God stapled on at the end.

So once again, Man creates God in his image, like usual.
>>
>>1753400
Uh oh, two christfags have caught each others scent, and are about to start the mating ritual.
>>
Christians should be banned from this board. Can /rel/ get here any sooner?
>>
>>1753063
>if the universe was different, life couldn't occur
That's nice. Life is a specific expression of certain relationships and sets of behaviors. If the relationships or behaviors were different, you'd see different expressions of them. This is not a problem, because there's no evidence to suggest that the universe was "intending" to produce life. It's not like an arrow fired randomly happened to hit an already-existing target, it's that an arrow fired randomly and created a depression where it hit.

Besides, there does appear to be evidence that our entire universe is not unique, based on its expansion patterns. There may well be infinitely many other universes in which constants are different, of of course life, stars etc only emerged where conditions are right. The telological argument assumes life is the "point" of the universe in a very anthrocentric way that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.>>1753071
>>
File: download (6).jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>1750857
>Atheists don't hate fairies or leprechauns
Speak for yourself you jewish looking cunt, the fairies are absolute scum.
>>
>>1752867
We shall eat your children and hang your women.
There is a no tolerance policy for heathens.
>>
>>1753412
No, not even close. Watch.

>>1753400
How did you become a Christian?
>>
File: Utter retardation.png (173KB, 1520x1656px) Image search: [Google]
Utter retardation.png
173KB, 1520x1656px
>>1753434
>There is a no tolerance policy for heathens.
>implying
xD
>>
>>1753455
> How did you become a Christian?
I choose to be on Jesus side after I heard his message.
>>
>>1753455
Not so fast, as soon as he tells you that the earth isn't 4,531 years old and there are no Antichrist Microchips in the flouride water you will turn on him.
>>
>>1753386
And you calling each and every move of a 100 move game ahead of time is still less likely than the universe creating itself.
>>
>>1753469
What message would that be, again? And how did you make the choice?
>>
>>1753470
I already turned on him. I'm showing you how to test people who say they are Christians, but are not.

Same way you'd ask people who say they are, oh, I don't know, 32 degree masons. You ask them how they got there.
>>
>>1753482
Very revealing comparison, shows how you view your religion as a club to join for identity.
Not very christlike, but it fits your profile as an accusing, disagreeable, combatative cultist.
>>
>>1753328
>Le im Christian becuz im scared

I Guess you dont have self respect after all lol
>>
File: 1448430078069.gif (1MB, 291x229px) Image search: [Google]
1448430078069.gif
1MB, 291x229px
>>1750857

This gif says it all about those retard Atheists
>>
File: holology.png (527KB, 800x1082px) Image search: [Google]
holology.png
527KB, 800x1082px
>>1753428
Personally, I believe that God wanted to create the black holes. Humans were just a byproduct of that.
>>
>>1753472
> universe creating itself.
But God creating himself is somehow probable?
>>
>>1753475
I heard that guy suffered to save me, 99% of work was already done by him alone and remaining 1% is for me to believe in him. It would be pretty dick move to ruin everything at this point just because of some blind skepticism.
>>
>>1753502
I used an example you would be familiar with. Not one that mirrors Christianity.
>>
>>1753534
I'm a Christian because I wanted answers to those questions, and found them in Jesus.
>>
>>1753737

Who told you God is a created being? Or did you assume that on your own?

God revealed Himself as an eternal spirit being; He has always existed, and He will always exist.
>>
>>1753821
Your testimony so far is that you are not a Christian.

And Jesus does 100% of the work, not 99%.
>>
>>1753865
I went with your criteria of being absurd. Being the eternal is even more rare than creating itself. From your own logic it should be disregarded and not be worth of considering.
>>
>>1753867
You are not the one who decides who is Christian and who is not as Christ himself choose his allies.
>>
>>1753737

Hello Dawkins. An eternal being by definition wouldn't have a beginning. It would explain its own existence. Asking what created god is like asking what caused the uncaused thing. It's nonsense.
>>
>>1753865
So the universe just existing is ludicrous because everything needs creating and a creator, but god just existing makes perfect sense. Gotcha.
>>
>>1753906

Not everything that exists needs a cause for its existence. Everything that begins to exist must have a cause.
>>
>>1753893
It's not rare; it's unique. It's not a matter of probability; he exists. Probability only works forwards; confidence works backwards.
>>
>>1753900

Nope again. People choose to be siblings of Jesus on their own. Not me, of course; I just test liars who say they are Christians, and are not.
>>
>>1753906
Yes. God is a spirit being and not subject to entropy; the universe is composed of matter and energy that is.
>>
>>1753903
> It would explain its own existence.
Eternal beings are even more improbable than the self caused ones. If your argument is based on a probabilities better to believe in universe creating itself. It is a less non-sense here.
>>
>>1753928
There is an eternal being.

He counted the numbers of hairs on your head before he made the world.

You will meet him one of two ways; as Father, or as Judge.

God is not improbable at all. 1.00000000000 repeating is not improbable.
>>
>>1750857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0
>>
>>1753920
> People choose to be siblings of Jesus on their own.
Like that one Brother of Jesus who started one of the most bloody wars in human history?
>>
>>1753933
God isn't eternal. He was created by Super God.
>>
Is this accriate?
>>
I'm getting the feeling that Christians base their "theology" on certain categories of ideas being off-limits to investigation. They don't seem to notice or care, in fact they seem to take some twisted delight at contradicting anyone who points it out. No wonder they devolve to proclamations without even a trace of argument. That's probably why it's so jarring when one of them get the clever idea to put a rational spin on his apologetic and suddenly start to base an argument on some axioms. Of course if you start to point out errors or misconceptions, its back to the condemnations.

Seems very contrived, it underscores all their pretending at philosophical rigor when actually they are playing apologetic to handed-down ritual.

Ultimately these types or people are not at all interested in truth, but rather defending monstrous ignorance and furthering dangerous monomaniacal obedience. I fear the day when some psychopath unites them under his banner and they fall in like footsoldiers.
>>
>>1753934
Interesting.
>>
File: TXkAnkE.jpg (262KB, 889x1126px) Image search: [Google]
TXkAnkE.jpg
262KB, 889x1126px
>>1753916
> My own standards of logic doesn't apply to god because he is SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE
Can you call non-SJW theologian to discuss with serious matter with somebody who is competent?
>>
>>1753936
James? Judas? Joses? Simon? 1st century AD? Which of those started WWII?
>>
>>1753952
You should fear exactly the opposite.
>>
>>1753962
God transcends human logic.
>>
File: 220px-Hong_Xiuquan.jpg (20KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Hong_Xiuquan.jpg
20KB, 220x250px
>>1753969
> he doesn't know about Chinese Jesus brother
>>
>>1753948
Darwin, a theologian, devised a scheme whereby millions upon millions of people would feel intellectually comfortable being atheists.
>>
>>1753978
I don't know about a lot of things that don't exist.
>>
>>1753952

This video here >>1753934 absolutely predicts your contention that you are the honest, neutral truth seeker, and people who love and worship God are the biased close minded fools.

Fascinating watching the video for a few minutes, and then watching you prove the video is correct.
>>
>>1753974
History is filled with people waging war for overlords who claim that "God is on their side".
I hope that in the modern era if the time comes you won't be the same as them, but unfortunately you've been molded body and soul into a willing footsoldier for extremism and hate.
Or more likely you are an old man and will just sit on the sidelines cheering and chastising, like you do with your imagined God and Salvation crock.
>>
>>1753948
Creation aint free. The Bible gotta be littered with the blood of dinosaurs. Charles "APE-MAN" Darwin is not my savior, he is Satan and probably Catholic too. GOD and the bible not atheism and EVOLUTION ok. praise jesus.
>>
>>1753996
History will end with a godless man leading a war against God himself that ends up in a lake of fire, after billions of people die.
>>
>>1753990
>eating up some hilariously biased video confirms your delusions

Not surprising to see you crowing about it.
>>
>>1754006

It's as though the actors from Act Two didn't see Act One.
>>
>>1753977
God transcends human faith. So you literally can't believe in him. No matter how deeply religious you are, God is infinitely above your human believes or any faith that is possible for you. Therefore, in fact you are atheist. Case closed.
>>
>>1754000
Sure thing, cultist.
Far more likely is another temporal war, continuing real historical trends, without the self-serving mysticism that you can't get enough of.
And demographically it will be you Christians signing up, if nothing else to sate your indocrinated hatered of "The Other" that you demonstrate so clearly.
>>
>>1750857
Are My Eyes Real?
>>
>>1754000
Literally will never happen because nobody would even wage a war against non-existent being.
>>
>>1754013
Literally posting some """documentary""" from a christian apolegetic ministry that mimicks the OP's broken premise, of course it conveniently "confirms" your preconceived notion, how oblivious can you get?

Shame on you for thinking that I'd be impressed. Post another fucking meme, if this is the kind of thing that you think earns you GBPs.

These things are just ammo in your culture war.
>>
>>1754018
God does not transcend human faith, as human faith is the ability to believe things you have not seen.

You have not seen God.

You can believe in God.

Therefore God does not transcend human faith.
>>
>>1754019

We won't be here.
>>
>>1754028
Literally happens every day, and you are a footsoldier for the devil.
>>
>>1754034
It perfectly explains your hostility to God, a being you don't even profess a belief in.

You're not neutral; you have made God your enemy.
>>
>>1754053
> Literally happens every day
Wow! You should report your lake of fire to local geologists!
>>
>>1754050
It would be a well sounding, but God transcends human logic so there is no *therefore God does not transcend human faith* in this case. God is simple beyond your faith. End of the story.
>>
>>1754059
Nobody possess believe in God. God is about any possible believe for a human.
>>
>>1754059
You refuse to understand that I don't hate God, I hate you people for being idiots and reinforcing contrived self-serving ideologies. I resent the fact that people as stupid as you are able to possibly endanger me in the future due to your blind obedience to whatever your superiors instruct you. Despite being constantly corrected and educated on basic definitions and principles you instead repeat these bogus shitposts every day. You seem to have no ability to separate your own personal opinions with your weird religious cult.

This has nothing to do with religion, it is a direct reflect of exactly you, as a human being, being fucking retarded.
>>
When will we have a containment board for theists for fucks sake
>>
File: amh-neandertal-skulls.jpg (351KB, 1048x1109px) Image search: [Google]
amh-neandertal-skulls.jpg
351KB, 1048x1109px
What are these?
>>
File: infinity-sign.jpg (16KB, 615x196px) Image search: [Google]
infinity-sign.jpg
16KB, 615x196px
>>1754083
We do. It just exists on a different site.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 224x225px
>>1754082
Once again delusional atheist can't find any real argument and declining to his most powerful weapon appellations to pseudo intellectual elitism and Ad hominem.
>>
>>1754053
>ancient people didnt wage wars against the Gods
>>
>>1754086
fabrications
>>
>>1754101
They waged war against other people. Nobody would try to kill fucking Zeus.
>>
File: dmanisi-skulls.jpg (45KB, 650x190px) Image search: [Google]
dmanisi-skulls.jpg
45KB, 650x190px
>>1754086
Or these?
>>
>>1753920
So you're a Satan?
>>
>>1754103
Caligula
>>
File: 1471354028071.png (296KB, 716x426px) Image search: [Google]
1471354028071.png
296KB, 716x426px
>>1754102
Wut?
>>
>>1754111
Isn't he was god himself?
>>
>>1754094
Hello mr bible man i dont believe in god tee hee
>>
>>1754118
He had his soldiers whip the sea with chains to try and kill Poseidon
>>
>>1754125
Did that work?
>>
>>1753998
Underrated, even if it is just an imageless meme
>>
>>1754132
Ask poseidon
>>
>>1754051
Boy are you in for a surprise.
>>
>>1753952
>I'm getting the feeling that Christians base their "theology" on certain categories of ideas being off-limits to investigation.

Even mundane phenomena like language or music are off-limits to investigation if you subscribe to Materialism.
>>
>>1753996

Most warriors' spiritual beliefs are incidental to most of their warring. War has always had chiefly material motivations and has rarely ever been done outside of pragmatic parameters.
>>
File: Irish_Elk.jpg (65KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
Irish_Elk.jpg
65KB, 500x422px
>>1751008
Irish Elk > Moose + Unicorns
>>
>>1755207
>language or music are off-limits to investigation if you subscribe to Materialism
Babble. Materialism doesn't discount abstract concepts. Being as God is proposed to interact with the universe, and if you're a christian has manifested himself in human flesh, then he had tread upon the world of the material. Nothing has substantiated this, and God remains a philosophical assertion.
>>
>>1755236

>Materialism doesn't discount abstract concepts

I guess one must be able to grasp abstract concept in order to discount them so you're right.
>>
>>1751008
moose are amazing
>>
I HATE SANTA CLAUSE!
>>
ITT: christcucks act like the retards they are, again

When do we get a /rel/ or a /christcuckcontainment/ board? The endless stupidity is slowly becoming unbearable
>>
god exists because he possibly exists
>>
>>1755369
That argument is gay as fuck and I'm not even atheist.
>>
>>1753859
>Can't cope with the anguish of doubt of the mistery of life.
>I Guess i Will believe in space Zombie daddy then

Dont you have some dignity? You're running away.
>>
File: fuckin gay ass rainbow paddy.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin gay ass rainbow paddy.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>>1750857
>implying
REMOVE
>>
>>1755617
GAS THE FAIRIES!
MAGIC WAR NOW!
>>
>>1753859
If you're just filling blanks in your knowledge with "GODDIDIT", don't be suprised whenever any scientific discovery proves you wrong.
>>
>>1752878
>yfw you just realize scoob and shaggy were stoners.
>>
>>1753980
>"scheme"
How is a well documented and well understood natural phenomenon a "scheme"?
>>
>>1752863
>I could say that airplanes are absurd and because you believe they exist you must also believe there are invisible alien ships currently flying around the planet.

I could show you an airplane. I could buy you a plane ticket. I could show you blueprints of planes and explain to you in detail how planes work. I could even teach you how to build and operate an airplane.
Airplanes aren't unfalsifiable nonsense.
>>
Alright, maybe I'm retarded but anyway:
If there is a god (be it judeo-christian, pagan; whatever) who is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent and who created everything, why would he give a fuck about anything worshipping him? If he requires worship (or just recognition) by his creation, he can't be omnipotent, can he? It seems like a mutual dependency-thing. So, therefore, without creation would "God" be a god at all?
>>
> muh luck
> muh gold
Fucking leprechaun shills, /mag/ when?
>>
>>1750861
Ray Comfort is an idiot, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10508619.2013.771991
Reading statements about God and daring God to do terrible things actually arouses vivid emotions in Atheists, akin to hearing offensive statements. Atheists don't react the same way when hearing neutral statements, a lot of them actually feel anger towards God on a subconcious level. Not the church, christians or certain pious figures, but God. It's rather irrational to feel that way about something you don't believe exists, do you?

>>1751011
Yeah, but even then you wouldn't be pissed off at leprechauns, because that'd be stupid.
>>
>>1755863
Except there's a difference in that most atheists are raised with the belief that god is real and then work backwards from there, whereas unicorns and leprechauns are never taught as being anything but myths and folklore used in good fun.

You could theoretically get the same response if you raised kids in an environment that replaced god with anything else. Don't think you'd get approval for that kind of social exiprement though.

The "hate" or emotional response is more for the role of god rather than an actual figure and that role can be replaced. At least that would be my guess.
>>
>>1755863
This is therefore evidence that the Hindu Gods or Allah are real, as atheists raised in a Hindu or Muslim cultural context would display a similar subconscious anger, and this anger is proof of the deity's existence.
>>
>>1755968
>Except there's a difference in that most atheists are raised with the belief that god is real
There are enough atheists from atheist families, yet we see no real difference between them.

>You could theoretically get the same response if you raised kids in an environment that replaced god with anything else.
You think so? You'd think they wouldn't hate their parents but whatever they believe does not exist? It's more productive to get mad at what actually harmed you.

>>1756095
Nice meme. Now quote where I said, or even implied, that the anger atheists feel towards God proves he exists. The best you can argue, the best, is that this implies atheists on a subconcious level don't really believe in the non-existence of a supernatural entity.
>>
>>1756130
>Atheists families

Which are still reactionary to the influence of god on their community and society as a whole.

I'd venture to guess most atheists are reactionaries and to be so they need something to react to, whether that be their upbringing or the influence of the majority.

But again this wouldn't necessarily be limited to any one religious denomination.
>>
>>1756130
>is that this implies atheists on a subconcious level don't really believe in the non-existence of a supernatural entity.
This is among the most pretentious psuedointellectual horseshit I've ever read. An atheist's anger is very simple. We find the literary character of God as typically described in Abrahamic texts repulsive, and our ire is provoked when people venerate him, or when we are are outright condescended to or discriminated against for not also worshiping him. It's the theology and certain forms of its social application we are angry at. God is a non factor.
>>
>>1750857
More accurately, atheists hate religion - not the God/gods of religions

not hard to understand this concept brah
>>
>>1755863

I'd be angry if a bunch of shit-eating apes moralized every problem into fucking stupidity for my entire life.

I'm not an athiest but religions, or rather just fucking apes in general, shat the bed on the whole "authority" thing.

On the otherhand I understand the social glue/cohesion religion provides. But honestly I have to be agnostic until you can show that you can restrict the domain of the set of all possible dieties into a form or set that accurately explains reality and provides a moral motivational thrust.

And I believe in the ability of humans to create bonding and social rituals more than the existence of the literalality of the stories those rituals communicate.

I've wrestled with the snake in the grass and grabbed the eagle from the sky and then I woke up and realized I could wrestle with snakes and grab eagles if I trained certain mental functionalities and trained pragmatic virtues.

t. Someone who has tripped a bajillion times
>>
>>1756408
Most of us don't even hate religion. We're just pretty indifferent to it or only interested in it in an academic/historic capacity, and want church and state to be separate entities, not because we want to abolish all religions and thrust our way of seeing things on the populace, but because we want the freedom "of" and "from" religion available to all for very obvious reasons.
Militant "Internet" Atheist and the New Atheism movement's failed attempt to what amounts to herding cats is far from indicative of the average Atheist, just like a child molesting priest is far from indicative of most of the often fine folk that make up the clergy of the Catholic or Lutheran religion.
>>
>>1756221
When was the last time you were mad at a literary character other than God? And I mean genuinely mad, not merely moved or irritated by the events in a story. Mad to the point where you couldn't let it go after putting down the book.

>>1756441
>I'd be angry if a bunch of shit-eating apes moralized every problem into fucking stupidity for my entire life.
Clearly, we've already established it. Why you're mad at a non-existent sky fairy rather than at the apes who cram this fairy tale down your throat is the real mystery here.
>>
>>1755355
You meant 'meese', silly anon.
>>
>>1756603
>When was the last time you were mad at a literary character other than God?
When was the last time someone let their child die of an easily treatable disease because a literary character told them to not get a blood transfusion?
>>
>>1756603
Raging atheists are the equivalent of people here hating on a fanbase, wether they're into the thing it's shitting up or not.
I imagine you've been on 4chan for quite enough time to know how that goes, now think of said fanbase you hate having real world consequence and representation, and constantly deifying a character you hate or don't care for, even going as far as some weebs in maintaining said character is actually real, even going so far in cases as to brandish their "katanas" in order to defend their big husbando in the sky's honor.
>>
>>1750857
Even assuming the le atheists are mad at god meme is true, having emotions that are inconsistent without your beliefs doesn't mean you don't really believe your beliefs. That's just not how it works.
>>
>>1756685

I'm sure you'll find plenty of cases if you look into it.
>>
>>1756603

When was I mad at "God"?

It's that those who speak of "God" are, in all honesty, fucking repugnant.

People who have no patience to let the glaciers of thought tread. They look at reality and want to dominate it in the simplest way possible. And being human apes, the idea of "God" is seductive beyond reason.

I don't hate the idea of "God" but the fucking apes. In fact it's because of these fucking apes that I'm suspicious of any attempt to cloak the multiple dimensions of reality into a neat bag of meaning. It's almost a proxy for wanting to control reality.
>>
>>1755863
>In Study 1, the participants (16 atheists, 13 religious individuals) read aloud 36 statements of three different types: God, offensive, and neutral. In Study 2 (N = 19 atheists), 10 new stimulus statements were included in which atheists wished for negative events to occur.
Dumb study desu.

Most psychological studies are baseless due to small sample sizes even without considering bad experiment construction and baseless conclusions. The field of psychology demands too many papers than the process of okaying human experimentation would allow.
>>
>>1756603
>When was the last time you were mad at a literary character other than God?

All the fucking time, I can't watch GOT anymore or the elections.

That argument it's ridiculous cause people has the same reaction every time they're contraried.

Of course they are angry at God, society and snow white.

Atheism it's just a shallow belief, even God belief is, people deep down believe in much more important things, and the reaction to those beliefs, related as they are to core religious beliefs, it's the reason they do mad things.

So nation and family, justifies a death for Islam.

The whole the Coran tell me to do it, it's a justification, even in the cases when the guy really does exactly what the Coran says, and kill himself, it's still a death wish justification.
>>
>>1756603
>you were mad at a literary character other than God? And I mean genuinely mad, not merely moved or irritated by the events in a story
That wasn't the entirety of my point. It's disdain for the character as well and the totalitarian tendencies of the followers. God they present as an idea or explanation, sometimes for the most innocuous things possible, is just irritating after 20 years of hearing it.
>>
>>1753041
>the third heaven.
?
>>
>>1756603
> When was the last time you were mad at a literary character other than God?
I always mad, when I read a good book. I wasn't mad on God, by the way, Bible is shit literature, that is outdated beyond believe.
>>
>>1753163
There's no proof for that, we dont even know if jesus existed, let alone the fact that yeshua was a common name at the time, all the extra biblical sources are of an ordinary nature, nothing supernatural like miracles and the such, and they are so little and so far away from when he supposedly died.
>>
>>1757648
>Bible is shit literature,
Jephthah killing his daughter was pretty great
>>
>>1758251
Don't spoil book, dude.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.