[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some questions about Christianity After reading >>/r9k/31688763

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1450263674038.jpg (736KB, 2560x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1450263674038.jpg
736KB, 2560x1704px
Some questions about Christianity

After reading >>/r9k/31688763 I was wondering

why are things like transsexualism and homosexuality considered sins?

I understand rape, murder, theft etc being sins because they cause direct suffering to otherwise. I understand promiscuity, laziness, drug use etc being sins because they don't cause direct suffering, but indirectly cause suffering to society as a whole. But can you really make the case for homosexuality and transsexualism being the same? I'm not talking about gay pedophiles or gays spreading aids like crazy or transsexuals killing themselves, because those aren't strictly issues with homosexuality or transsexualism, but rather issues of pedophilia, promiscuity, and suicide in people who happen to be gay or trans and lots of straight normal people have those problems too. I know transsexuals are much more likely to commit suicide, but so are people who lose their job, people born in certain places etc. and I am not completely convinced that it's purely a transsexual thing and not a how transsexuals fit into society thing.

Is it just wrong just because it's wrong and you're not supposed to question it?

Is it more of a historical thing than a moral thing, like early Christian tribes' enemies practiced homosexuality so they outlawed it to separate themselves or something?
>>
>what is sodom and gomorrah
>>
>>1745971

it taint natural
>>
>>1745979
But it is natural? It's virtually universal everywhere in the world that an extremely tiny fraction of humans show behavior of being attracted to the same sex or identifying as the opposite sex. It's as old as history itself.

If things being unnatural is a sin, why is wearing clothes ok? Driving a car? Using a computer? Farming? Language?
>>
Ancient Hebrews were against things like homosexuality because ancient hebrews were from 4000 years ago, when you needed to have like twenty children just to have at least one offspring that will grow up without dying in childhood. Allowing gays into a community like that decreases birthing rates probs and anything that prevents the Hebrew population from expanding was sinful. Christians don't have a good argument anywhere in their biblical scripture, their views are just taken from ancient hebs, which doesn't make much sense since the times were vastly different. The romans buttfucked each other, the Greeks buttfucked each other, and those two civilizations did more than christianity did for the 500 years after Jesus's death.

The only way you can still see trans and homosexuality as sinful today is by looking at them with modern eyes. Its obvious trans and homos value sex and material things way too much and they value it on a superficial level. They don't see sex as means of reproduction, but as a common activity between mates like some animals. Trans especially for superficial people (gender isn't sex! but I'm going to surgically make my gender the same as my sex! I'm a girl even though I never went through female puberty or experienced my first period or my first training bra or went to the beauty saloon with my mother or join ballet at age five with a bunch of other girls from my school! I just woke up one day I decided to be a girl!) By allowing trans people to continue being trans and not seeing transgenderism as an immoral thing, you're allowing society to also view being superficial as completely acceptable and morally fine.
>>
>>1745978

Daily reminder that the "good guy" in this story literally offered his virgin daughters for a mob to rape.
>>
>>1745998
That's pretty hot desu
>>
>>1745971
The same reason that Catholicism bans contraception and masturbation. The best way to maintain and increase the number of followers is via breeding.
>>
>>1745996
>They don't see sex as means of reproduction, but as a common activity between mates like some animals.
This has nothing to do with homosexuality, and actually reflects modern society as a whole. For every gay person who thinks this way a hundred straight people also think this way.

Trans people seperate things into male and female, and slide themselves into the opposite sex category, regular people seperate things into male and female and slide themselves in the category they physically are. Most guys keep their hair short, most girls keep their hair long, even though there are benefits to either approach and neither one is more male or female than the other, but men and women deliberately make an attempt to fit into a gender role. Transsexuals also strictly identify gender roles, but simply choose to act in the role that is the opposite sex. People who say 'gender isn't real you can be whatever you want' aren't actually transsexual.

The vanity thing is simply a necessity for appearing as the opposite sex, since it takes effort to work against your physical shape.
>>
>>1745996
>Allowing gays into a community like that decreases birthing rates probs and anything that prevents the Hebrew population from expanding was sinful
Why would that be a problem when the ancient Hebrews practiced polygyny?
>>
>>1746002
That doesn't make any sense.

Gay people are not sterile, they can still have kids just as easily. Throughout history tons and tons of gay people had straight relationships to appear normal or to have children
>>
>>1746026
But the logic is that the time/energy/semen spent on homosexuality or masturbation could be spent on making a baby instead. I never claimed it was completely rational, but we're not talking about modern world values here, we're talking about beliefs based on desert myths.
>>
>>1745971
In Christianity the Bible is considered the divine word revealed from God. The Bible condemns and bans homosexuality. The Bible clearly states in the old and new testament that homosexuality is not only a sin, but a crime that carries the death penalty. This is the punishment that Christian nations traditionally implemented until they devolved into secular humanist democracies. The Bible lists other sins that are also crimes that carry the death penalty, such as rape, bestiality, incest, sorcery, adultery,etc... Not all sins are crimes but all crimes are sins from a Biblical perspective.
>>
>>1745971
>sins

silly anon it's 2016, get with the times xd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
>>
File: 1413145606062.jpg (104KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
1413145606062.jpg
104KB, 1280x842px
Did anyone read the thread in OP

It made me sad
>>
>>>/r9k/31688763
>>
>>1746056
>""""""""""devolved""""""""""""
>>
>>1745984
"Natural" doesn't have the meaning you think about in Christianity.

>>1745971
Why is causing direct suffering evil? Why is helping others good? At some point you have to take things as axioms, you can't deduce the whole moral system.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.