[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Historical figures or events that deserve a movie / miniseries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: MTE5NDg0MDU0OTMzMDQ2Nzk5.jpg (265KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0OTMzMDQ2Nzk5.jpg
265KB, 1200x1200px
Pic related.

In addition to the title, offer your opinion on what actors should play which figures, and describe how you would structure the movie / miniseries.
>>
Nobody deserves to have his life's legacy ruined by modern movie/series made for simpletons.
>>
>>1744655
Answer the question or don't answer at all.
>>
>>1744661
I answered it, mongrel.
>>
I'd like to see a miniseries focused on Napoleon in the vein of HBO's John Adams.

I'm curious if anything will come of the Kubrick script that Spielberg is developing.

>>1744655
>>1744697
This is neither a meme nor a shitpost. Why would you derail a perfectly good thread in such an autistic way?
>>
>>1744829
Haven't seen John Adams yet, but I liked Rome. Rome obviously isn't the most accurate thing ever, but I could see the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars working very similar to how Rome was. Tons of plot lines and characters to work with. Could easily last 4 - 8 seasons with every season being interesting and engaging.
>>
>>1744841
Man, l don't know. They couldn't keep Rome or Deadwood going for long because they weren't bringing in enough cash. I doubt they'll ever do anything on that scale again.
>>
File: IMG_3538.jpg (486KB, 900x1356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3538.jpg
486KB, 900x1356px
A miniseries on the Dukes of Burgundy is needed.

Starring Aidan Gillen as Charles of course.
>>
>>1744889
>Aidan Gillen
good choice. A meme actor for a meme historical topic.
>>
Harald Hardrada when?
Could start out in at Stiklestad at Olaf's death, flashback to his youth during the glory of Knut's reign, then afterwards to his adventures in Greece and the Rus, then to fending off Wends in Jutland, to becoming King and his last great adventure in England.

Could be named The Last Viking or something like that.
>>
File: Cyrus.jpg (17KB, 340x350px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus.jpg
17KB, 340x350px
>>1744641
Cyrus the great.

To write the script, combine what historians know about him with the somewhat fantastic tales of Herodotus and Xenophon. You have to sell it, after all. The story of young Cyrus growing up in his grandfather's court and finally dethroning him should be attractive enough to draw normies' attention if they liked Game of Thrones. Also it would be a way better awnser to 300 than any iranian butthurt condemnation.

The only problem would be the casting, of course. No way to make everyone happy.
>>
File: 168445.jpg (789KB, 2453x1545px) Image search: [Google]
168445.jpg
789KB, 2453x1545px
The duchesse d'Angouleme's life would make a great mini-series. She was the only child of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to survive the French Revolution.
>>
File: edwardiii.jpg (2MB, 2400x3175px) Image search: [Google]
edwardiii.jpg
2MB, 2400x3175px
most underrated plantagenet; always overshadowed by his homo father
>>
The guy's story is made for a great HBO/Netflix drama.

>idolize Justinian II
>become an asshole
>get yourself deposed and your nose cut off
>marry khazar qt
>dodge more assassination attempts
>murder assassins with your own bare hands
>curse God during a storm and live to tell the tale
>rally the Bulgarians
>Splinter Cell your way into Byzantium
>get back your throne
>become colder as you take revenge on all who have wronged you
>eventually get assassinated
>>
File: 020iansmithDM_468x519.jpg (41KB, 468x519px) Image search: [Google]
020iansmithDM_468x519.jpg
41KB, 468x519px
>>
A biopic about Kim Il-Sung would be interesting.
>>
There needs to be more Greek stuff in general. I'd like to see a well done Socrates / Plato movie. The Apology and subsequent suicide scene would be great.
>>
>>1744867
Yeah, I'm pretty sure HBO was too hyped up between 2000-2003 so all the coked up execs decided it was a good idea to spend millions on period dramas. Obviously it didn't work out.
>>
This whole book deserves an HBO series.
>>
Cromwell would be good

Or any of the other figures in Jacobean/Caroline era English history including the Civil war, it's really a gold mine
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.