[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porfirio Díaz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (41KB, 269x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 269x385px
/his/
Tell me about Porfirio Díaz
Was he based?
>>
>>1743669
solid dictator. he would have gone down as GOAT if he had decided to step down as president in 1904 or so
>>
>>1743669
If any mexican leader actually gave a shit about their people they'd petition for entry into the union or some other nation that clearly knew how to govern themselves.

Same goes for every other 3rd world shit pile that fails at the state building game.
>>
>>1743688
Diaz actually had talented ministers at his disposal. We'll never know whether his state building would have been successful or not because the Mexican revolution was a big setback (the extent that the mexican revolution originated in porfirian state building is a debate that hasn't been settled yet as far as I know. The book I read on him argued that the last years of his regime from 1905 to 1910 were crucial and the antagonisms behind the revolution were beyond the government's control, as demonstrated by the great regional variation of revolutionary violence and war when conflict did break out.)
>>
>>1743669
>Was he based?
Fairly bland as far as dictators and strongmen go.
>>
>>1743669
Let me put it this way: Mexico is closer to the Porfiriato now than the PRI ever wanted to be. In essence, the revolution against Porfirio and his successors simply delayed Mexican progress.

>tl;dr
Last best hope for Mexico after Maximilian.
>>
File: 1474113597042.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474113597042.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>1743669
The true emperor the conservatives had wanted for decades, unlike Emperor MaxiSHILLilian, so pretty based for a Mexican. Prove me wrong
>>
File: subcomandante.jpg (111KB, 450x689px) Image search: [Google]
subcomandante.jpg
111KB, 450x689px
>>1743673
>>1743688
>>1743718
>>1743781
>>1744749
>>1745092
>neoliberalism is a good thing
>letting yourself get assraped by America is a good thing

Increased national prosperity is only good if everyone benefits, Otherwise prices rise as the median wage stagnates. Cardenas was a thousand times better.
>>
>>1746102

Who the hell mentioned neoliberalism?

You people are insane.
>>
>>1746102
Fuck off, Subcomandante "Injun faggot" Marcos.
>>
>>1746111
See >>1744749
>Mexico is closer to the Porfiriato now than the PRI ever wanted to be.
>Last best hope for Mexico after Maximilian.

Porfiriasmo and the scientific dictatorship Díaz established were just precursors to neoliberal dictators like Pinochet, focusing more on economic growth than on making sure that growth benefits the majority of the population.
>>
>>1746111
You compared modern Mexico with Porfirio's, fool.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.