[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

archeology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Front side.jpg (1011KB, 2059x3612px) Image search: [Google]
Front side.jpg
1011KB, 2059x3612px
Hey /his/ I'm not sure if here's the place for it but here goes.

I have this artifact I'm having some issue identifying and I want to learn more about it, I'm hoping to look into the region it came from and the group that produced it. Assuming it's not a replica.

It's supposedly Pre Colombian and was believed to have been from the Sierra Nevada mountain range in Northern Colombia. Aside from that I don't know much.

Here's to hoping I can learn more about the wonders of this object, assuming it's not fake.
>>
That is the head of the great Khagan Mehredjin Dagon of the Gökturks.

It is said whoever gazes into the stoney eyes of that statue too long will find his spirit gaze back behind you.
>>
>>1742266
My nigga I don't know shit but I know sure as hell that ain't from the Sierra Nevada

My best guess is it's Purépecha but yours is as good as mine

Go get it checked out dude
>>
That's an aztecian bust of a quoxalotylic soldier, probably from around 1300-1500. It was probably part of some architecture and was broken off.
>>
>>1742304
wtf are you even talking about. Google doesn't even bring this shit up. Are you some sort of super historian or some shit.
>>
>>1742304
That may be possible, but it was reported to have been a grave robbed artifact.

Granted grave robbing is illegal in South America now, this piece was acquired in the time before it was made illegal. It found its way to a gallery where it was bought by my father about 40 years ago, give or take.

It's unfortunate that this artifact may possibly be from grave-robbing but there's nothing I can do about something from 40 years ago.
>>
>>1742266
That's 100% authentic mesoamerican nightmare fuel. Good find.
>>
File: Left Side.jpg (968KB, 1926x3645px) Image search: [Google]
Left Side.jpg
968KB, 1926x3645px
>>1742266
>>
>>1742437
It is clear it's not a head-deformity in any way and is most-likely a headdress or helmet. But this should help with identifying it
>>
>>1742439
Additionally it could be a deity.
>>
>>1742266
it's an idol, destroy it
>>
>>1742415
It always scared the crap out of me when I was growing up. Now I'm fascinated by it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.