[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did his defeat in Russiahappen almost exclusively because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: MTIwNjA4NjMzMjIxNzExMzcy.jpg (166KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzMjIxNzExMzcy.jpg
166KB, 1200x1200px
Did his defeat in Russiahappen almost exclusively because of bad weather and lack of supplies or is that propaganda attempting to hide the Russian war effort?
>>
>>1739418

both
>>
>>1739418
Who is that even?
>>
>>1739451
Moot
>>
>>1739418
Well putting Boney in a position to be ravaged by bad winter weather and without a stable supply line was the whole purpose of the russian war effort, so..
>>
>>1739418
80% of his army indeed died of cold and starvation, but it doesnt "hide" the Russian effort since it was them who initiated the scorched earth policy that caused his army to face cold and starvation.

Now if by "Russian effort" you mean the military aspect rather than the scorched earth, then you're wrong.
The Russians were a joke militarily speaking (which is why they thought of the scorched earth to take advantage), which is nothing surprizing given that Napoleon had raped them every time he faced them prior to 1812.
>>
>>1739418

Why would anti-Russian/pro-Napoleon propaganda be the dominant narrative?

Anyway, the Russian strategy was based around taking advantage of the "bad weather and lack of supplies," so take whatever you want from that.
>>
>>1739479
>My enemy is smarter
>My enemy is stronger
>My enemy gets winded easily

All they were doing was playing their strengths.

>Hurr durr you suck! You cant into strategy and tactics! Come out and fight me one on one! I am manly man!

Plz anon your philosophy on combat is juvenile.
>>
>>1739479
I love it how the thumbnail looks like a close-up of an 80's anime character's eye and forehead.
>>
>>1740341
Why are you so butthurt
He didnt say the Russians were wrong to do what they did, he said that they were inferior militarily but were clever to use a scorched earth strategy
>>
Yes. He needed a decisive battle and since the Russians managed to withdraw from Borodino in good order they weren't giving it to him and the capture of Moscow wasn't enough to swing negotiations, the Russians didn't give a fuck they could outlast him, he had no choice but to withdraw or die there.
>>
>>1740396
Literally its the only strategy the Russians ever use once they became united. Until that they got fucking raped by everyone that attacked.
>>
Why did Napoleon invade Russia? I read a book about it (by a Russian) and he managed to not so swiftly avoid answering that, so what's the deal?

Second question: Why didn't he go for St Petersburg instead of Moscow?
>>
File: 0jh.png (17KB, 438x566px) Image search: [Google]
0jh.png
17KB, 438x566px
>>1740565
He invaded because Russia pulled out of the Continental System
In 1807, Napoleon inflicted a crushing defeat on Russia and subdued it into integrating the System.
By 1812, Russians felt like they had recovered enough to defy France again and pulled out
Napoleon thus invaded to force them back in
>>
Britain during the Napoleonic Wars had about 1/3rd of the population of France. Britain still won.
>>
>>1740724
>Its a butthurt bong post in a Napoleon thread

As always, you forgot to mention your European allies who won the war for you.
>>
>>1740724
Serbia during WW1 had about 1/50th of the population of Germany. Serbia still won.
>>
>>1740724
Without the help of allies too? Amazing!

Kys desu senpai
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.