[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post countries that were close to being.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

I'll start

From 1587-1632 Sigismund was ruler og the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and from 1592-1599 Sigismund was ruler of Sweden. During his reign of the three countries he tried to install a personal union between the Sweden and the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth. He would have been succsessful in this if it wasn't for his uncle Charles IX, who was able to depose Sigismund from the Swedish throne. Sigismund tried to retake the throne in the War against Sigismund, but was unsuccsessful.

He also tried to impose his rule in Moscovy during the Moscovite Times of trouble. He was able to take the take Moscow and hold it for two years. But was casted out by Russians who feared that he would be too untolerant of the orthodox faith, to be a good ruler for Moscovy.

If Sigismund had been succsessful in holding onto the Swedish and Moscovite thrones, then the four states Poland, Lithuania, Sweden and Moscovy would have been centralised into the Polish-Lithuanian-Swedish-Moscovite Commonwealth.
>>
>>1738768
>Polish-Lithuanian-Swedish-Moscovite Commonwealth.
cancer

just call it Grosspolen
>>
File: Wszechpolska.png (169KB, 1200x965px) Image search: [Google]
Wszechpolska.png
169KB, 1200x965px
>>1738768
>>1738896
Wszechpolska will rise
>>
Charles V's regime was pretty awesome but the feudal system cockblocked him a lot

Burgundy was pretty close to becoming a lasting reality

Dagestan and Kurdistan probably should be countries

There are innumerable secessionist causes in India/Pakistan as well
>>
File: IMG_3538.jpg (486KB, 900x1356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3538.jpg
486KB, 900x1356px
>>1739936
I wish Burgundy became its own thing.
>>
>>1739936
>>1740028
Why has Burgundy become some hot new meme?
>>
File: CSAMap.png (317KB, 486x363px) Image search: [Google]
CSAMap.png
317KB, 486x363px
:'(
>>
File: great balkania.png (29KB, 613x850px) Image search: [Google]
great balkania.png
29KB, 613x850px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_Federation
>>
File: Rightful clay.png (158KB, 2891x1753px) Image search: [Google]
Rightful clay.png
158KB, 2891x1753px
>>1739913
>no border at Ural
shit
>>
>>1740142

Not any of them, but it's cool and to be honest, with ups and downs, it was a meme since the times of their fall. Charles V' burdgundian heritage is pretty important for the character.
>>
File: abettereurope.png (1MB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
abettereurope.png
1MB, 1000x776px
>>1738768
I still wonder why we never split up Germany after either of the world wars. It would fix a lot of problems.
>>
>>1739913
If only Pilsudski got his way against Dmowski.
>>
>>1740426
You really love spamming that pic all day,
>>
File: Portuguese_empire_1800.png (41KB, 1356x627px) Image search: [Google]
Portuguese_empire_1800.png
41KB, 1356x627px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_of_Portugal,_Brazil_and_the_Algarves

Rio de Janeiro was once the capital of an empire that reach India and East Asia. Too bad the UK cockblocked it because they didn't want a transcontinental empire rivaling their own.
>>
>>1740426
We did after WW2 into NATO/American occupied West Germany and USSR occupied East Germany
>>
>>1738768

If Prince Arthur hadn't drowned in the White Ship disaster, France and England would have been unified under a single ruler, avoiding the hundred years war and ushering in a golden age of total anglo-french global domination.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.