[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcibiades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1475x2460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1475x2460px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>1737002
You're such a Faggot. The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must.
>>
>>1737057
edgy
>>
File: 20160925_024041.jpg (277KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_024041.jpg
277KB, 500x692px
>>1737106
Sux to Sux nigga
>>
He wanted to be like his favorite anime character
>>
>>1737002
He was too raw for everyone they were just jealous of his big cack
>>
>>1737002
Got drunk and fucked with herms.

Fucked with Spartan king's daughter.

Basically died in a case of "What are you going to do kill me." while confronting a mob of angry folks at him defiling some maiden.
>>
>>1738123
Nah man why would he fuck with the herms? That completely goes against the Sicilian expedition, which he was going to help lead. He was framed I tell ya
>>
>>1737002
>fights for Athens
>then fights for Sparta
>then fights for Athens again
>then Sparta
>then offers to fight for Athens again but they reject him
>without his help the Athenians quickly get trashed and lose the war

Truly the Venice of antiquity.
>>
>>1738123
He was rumored to have fucked Agis II's wife, and because of that, his son, Leotychides was block from the throne due Agis's brother, Agesilaus II, persuading the Ephors that Leotychides was the bastard child of Alcibiades.

Alcibiades also had his own castle that he watched the Spartans and Athenians fight from in the Hellespont, and tried to help the Athenians by making a suggestion to locate their forces to a more strategic position, and offered to get the Thracians to help them, all despite being in exile, but they ignored him and lost a battle which resulted in the Peloponnesian war being lost.

Democrat fraction was also pretty retarded back then, and he wasn't nearly as bad as people like Critias. I can't really blame him for demanding the constitution to be changed and democracy overthrown considering they were pretty autistic with ruining the progress of the war by constantly recalling generals from the campaign out of political rivalry to deliberately fuck up their efforts, and constantly holding large assemblies for votes for every effort they did, and, often, tending to switch their minds. Look at the trial of Socrates and the Arginusae affair as examples.

Alcibiades was--I mean sincerely--perhaps one of the most well-intent and misunderstood figures of the war.
>>
>Alcibiades was--I mean sincerely--perhaps one of the most well-intent and misunderstood figures of the war.

He was indeed well-intent but he clearly brought all this shit on himself. He made a lot of ennemies in Athens because of his behaviour through his life. The herm scandal is probably a conspiracy against him, which resulted of his exile, and doomed the Sicilian Expedition that couldn't be a success without him.
>>
>>1739667
Where should he rank in terms of military commanders because outside of the sabotage of the Sicilian Expedition the guy seemed to really do nothing but win. Seems like he should be remembered as one of the greats.
>>
basically an INTJ roachposter in the flesh
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.