[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: e.jpg (82KB, 1200x921px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
82KB, 1200x921px
To teach ethics, should you be required to also be as ethical a person as possible? E.g. being a vegan, volunteering, giving to charity, etc. Basically, should the teacher be better than all his students in behaving ethically?

But wouldn't that standard be really high? What if it means that fewer people teach ethics, which means that fewer people learn about ethics and modify their behavior? You don't have to be vegan to convert a few students to veganism.

I don't know where to stand on the issue.
>>
>contemplating wheather or not an specific action is virtuous and not what are the virtues
You're already an unethical being for doing so.
It is in your nature to be ethical.
>>
> E.g. being a vegan, volunteering, giving to charity, etc.

Are those acts ethical?
Who can determine why or why not?
>>
>>1729562
see
>>1729542
Virtues are a matter of
______ between ________
Determining the ethics of individual actions is impossible and unethical.
>>
>>1729564
Any ethical system that declares its own logic unethical can be rejected prima donna.
>>
>>1729576
What apart of the ethical system am I deeming unethical?
Let's find the delliniation of the question
>Is it ethical to kill my sister?
This would show your nature of being unethical.
>>
>>1729584
By what system have you preestablished what is ethical? If all ethics were intuitive and consistent among all persons, there would be no need for a formal analysis.
>>
>>1729588
I cannot disagree with Hitler dubs.
Would you concede it is not an ethical contemplation to ask
>is it ethical to kill my sister?
as in
>would it be in line with the Virtues?
>>
>>1729584
Maybe if your sister is evil she will commit horrible acts if you don't kill her.
>>
>>1729596
Maybe if.
But I cannot know such things.
>What if the man on the left track is Hitler?
>>
>>1729538
Teaching ethics is just sophistry and ideology t b h.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.