[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the dolittle raid >literally does little in terms of overall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1463155525211.jpg (22KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463155525211.jpg
22KB, 512x512px
>the dolittle raid
>literally does little in terms of overall strategy

wow really makes you think
>>
>>1729368
>serious morale boost after getting the shit bombed out of you ultimately dragging you into a war which you didn't want to be in
>no strategic value
WOLLT IHR DEN TOTALEN KRIEG wasn't built out of pussyfooting around.
>>
>>1729368
Its entire purpose was propaganda, which was a significant part of overall strategy
>>
>the Japanese divert an absurd amount of resources because of a raid that took very little effort to execute
>>
>battle of France
>battle of Britain
>Invasion of USSR
>literally does little in terms of overall strategy

wow really makes you think
>>
>>1729368

If I'm not mistaken, the ensuing radio chatter did much to help the codebreakers at Hypo to decipher the japanese naval codes - which in turn lead to them being able to pinpoint the exact date at which the japanese would mount an offensive at Midway.
>>
What was it that alec Baldwin said? " they hit us with a hammer and we gave them a pin prick but it was straight through their hearts".
>>
>the dieppe raid
>they die, pee & raid
>>
>>1730786
alec balwin is a prick
>>
>>1729392
>very little effort to execute
>launching medium bombers from a carrier
>little effort
>>
>>1729368
>Pearl Harbor
>Did nothing in terms of overall strategy other than making the US want to skullfuck Japan
>>
File: 1442436995315.jpg (58KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1442436995315.jpg
58KB, 722x349px
Reminder that after the raiders landed in China, the japanese went on a murdering/raping/pillaging spree to punish the Chinese for aiding Americans.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.