[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I watched videos on the Renaissance and from what I can tell:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I watched videos on the Renaissance and from what I can tell:

Venice: Based Italian state, did almost everything right only problem came when they fucked over Byzantium opening the floodgates for the Ottomans to fuck over their trade routes but even then the age of discovery would've fucked them over anyway

Florence: Arrogant as fuck, Incompetent as fuck, seem to not understand that there's a world outside of Italy. Medici were the only ones to sort out their broken-ass republic yet they kept trying to fuck with them until they said "fuck it" and just took it over. If they actually worried about the affairs of the state for one second they would've kept their republic

Milan: the other side of the spectrum. Their society was stable but the ruling families kept undoing what their predecessor started Visconti would've took over Italy if they continued on the warpath. Sforza's would've kept Milan if Moro and his nephew just cooperated.

Papal States: really an issue of church and State. When caring about the church no one fucked with the pope, but Rome became a uninhabitable dump that not even the Pope wanted to be in (thus Schism happened) when caring about the state Rome flourished but everyone fucked with the pope.

Naples: the whore of Europe felt like everyone had a piece
>>
Why does no one like the Renaissance?
>>
>thus Schism happened
wut
>>
>>1729338
Maybe because it's overrated. I mean it's interesting, but it was a shitty time period.
>>
>>1729338
They're taught it was more peaceful than it was and everyone thinks peace is boring.

It's all reliant on how school teach it, if it isn't talked about at all in schools then it's cool and mysterious. If it's talked about in a way where the schools make it seem like that's all there is and there's a lot of focus on it, then nobody cares to learn more.

Also Renaissance is a time period that is less clear than the middle ages.

One more thing, Milan a best all other states are SHIT.
>>
>>1729359
>They're taught it was more peaceful

Which is funny because it's a lot more violent than the middle ages.

I say Milan is the second best next to Venice. It loses points in my book what with "fucking over Italy" that it did. All other states are shit though
>>
It's the other way around, the Schism happened because the Pope moved TO Rome from Avignon. And that was before the Renaissance.
>>
>>1729371
Venice has a cool national myth, but there's something about the aesthetic that doesn't quite vibe with me.
>>
>>1729381
oh you were talking about as a state period not its Renaissance history

yeah I guess that's true.
>>
>>1729390
oh no Renaissance history cool. Milan had more cool dukes and absolute madmen trying to unify Italy and what not while Venice were kinda pussies about balance in Italy.
>>
>>1729380
yeah the former "caring about the church" all happened before the Renaissance while Renaissance papacy was exclusively "caring about the state"

all the shit that the popes did during that time makes some sense when one is a statesmen but is complete corruption when done as a priest.
>>
>>1729397
Well it's also wrong to say no one fucked with the Pope before. The reason the Papacy originally moved to Avignon in the first place is because it entered into conflict with France, so the French king had the Pope kidnapped and a new French Pope elected in his place, who then moved moved the Papacy to France.
>>
>>1729418
That's kind of an exception though, France always had a special position on account of the Papacy owing its existence to it. But other than that, even the Holy Roman Emperor was the Pope's bitch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.