[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did nearly all places that were the centers of civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: World_in_50_BCE.png (2MB, 4000x2036px) Image search: [Google]
World_in_50_BCE.png
2MB, 4000x2036px
Why did nearly all places that were the centers of civilization in antiquity wind up as third world shitholes shitholes today?
>>
because they moved ever west from civilization to civilization
>>
>it's an "i don't know anything about a place but i'm sure it's a shithole" episode
>>
>>1727928
>get universally subjugated by yuropoors
>not shitholes
>>
depleted natural resources.
>>
>>1727905

no civilisation lasts forever. This isn't really an easy question to answer but I guess at its core (more or less) you could say at the beginning of what we would consider the "pre-modern era" the empires running those areas were on their last legs. While Europe after centuries of infighting was starting to use their advanced military might to advance their own Empires. This tore those regions apart and left them poor, corrupt and uneducated which has kept that region (for the most part) as "third world" countries.
>>
File: all aboard.png (20KB, 752x591px) Image search: [Google]
all aboard.png
20KB, 752x591px
have a meme answer
>>
>>1727905
Most of the places got taken over by invaders.
>>
>>1727905
Idk man greece and Italy are pretty neat countries. Really beautiful with great weather and good food. They have a lot of stuff we don't even have in california. Egypt is totally a shithole though. Only places I've been
>>
>>1727905
Muslims
Mongols
Perfidious Anglos

That's the meme answer anyway
>>
They are only shitholes relative to regions that benefited from the industrial revolution.
>>
>>1727905
Because they were very nice and everyone fought over them. A place can only afford to be sacked so many times until they're set back beyond repair.
>>
>>1727905
>>>/int/
>>
Religion
>>
>>1730051
Egypt isn't so bad as long as you have money.
>>
>>1727905
Mostly Islam or communism. These things are worse than a crack addiction.
>>
>>1727905
It was hot as fuck in almost all of those places. Good for ancient civilazations, not so good since we've invented central heating and sweaters
>>
File: assabiyaah.jpg (101KB, 1052x148px) Image search: [Google]
assabiyaah.jpg
101KB, 1052x148px
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asabiyyah
This is a result of standard model of civilization collapses. Powerful civilizations got destroyed, but they fall on behalf of the Periphery. Look at history, it goes something like that:
> USA was backside of Britain
> Britain was backside of Rome
> Rome was backside of Greece
This is why there was zero powerful kingdoms in Italy or most valuable West Roman Empire lands
> Germany was backside of Rome
> France was backside of Rome
Every times when civilization falls into the shit, it is because center is weakened. Repeat the same shit enough times and you got old centers as the most shit hole places on Earth.
>>
>>1730051

Oh please have you ever been to Florence or Pisa? The Central Plazas and Tourist sites are ladden with souvenir peddlers. Also Italian food is overrated and ridiculously overprized. On top of that, the roads stink like cheap boose and animal shit, while it is admittedly is better than India, it still is dirty as fuck compared to Northern & Western Europe.
>>
>>1727905
Tow words: PERFIDIOUS ALBION
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.